That's Just Harry

He’s a contractor and builder by trade. Specializes in restoring old and historic homes so finally got one for himself. Wife married into this family so she’s got the patience of Job.

My mossberg’s hasn’t got a choke, sawed off, so the spread is pretty wide and doesn’t take much aiming. From up on the backhoe it doesn’t leave much snake. Besides, rattlesnake meat is too soft. Chicken tastes just like it though. I use to carry a 9mm loaded with ratshot, # 12 bird shot, but the bullets have gone up to about $1.50 ea and a nephew loads the 12 gauge rounds for me for cost. I’m a cheapskate.

1 Like

Don’t be too envious. Full life with lots of relative needing a hand. It’s good though.

HAH! You’re the best Harry.

4/24 - Swim. 1000m
4/25 - Morning, Deads to 405 x 2, Evening, teaching
4/26 - Cleans from floor to 245 x 2
RAIN AGAIN!!! Can’t get no throwing in. First meet is 5 may and not ready.

I was wondering when we would be seeing pictures of some new medals!

1 Like

Holy that’s scary. One of the reasons I’ll put up with the Canadian cold.

1 Like

Throwing, lifting and gardening. Wife had me on the rototiller for 2 days getting the garden turned over, mulch mixed in. Least the ground is still damp cause Alabama clay is a bitch to turn when it’s dry.
4/27 - rain quit and went out and through the discus. If only how far it slides counted.
4/28 - Bench - 275, stop on chest under tension for 3 count, then press as fast as can, 5 sets
of 6 reps
4/29 - threw the shot, started with heavy, went light, then competition weight.
4/30 - Swim, 5 x 100m, 2 x 100m breast
5/1 - Discus, all full form, took only a couple of warm ups, then 6 throws for measure, just
like meet conditions, not too bad.
First meet this Sat is getting interesting. Early meet for the season, not really a biggy, but a lot of serious heavyweights have signed up. At least 3 current or former US age bracket record holders. Two of the guys I posted vids of on here lifting have signed up. Getting more exciting.

1 Like

Nashville Master’s USATF meet
Shot =1
Discus = 1
Threw in a downpour which is probably a big factor why I won

. The better your form, the more important to your distance. Threw against some outstanding guys and the rain pretty much negated their advantage. I didn’t even put on my throwing shows just threw in tennis shoes. Next Saturday, Alabama Senior Olympics.

1 Like

There they are!!! Nice work Harry!

1 Like

Boom more medals for Harry. Nice work

1 Like

^Ditto.

1 Like

Harry, we all knew you were one Tough Mudder…well done.

Were those two guys with the strong(er) power cleans there? And if so, did you enjoy beating them LOL?

Oh yeah, they were there. A win’s always good. I accepted my victory in a most mature fashion, splashing in the mud while screaming “I own you bitches” in a high, shrill voice. (That is a joke, you know. Right?) Truthfully, conditions were so bad I don’t think of this as a win so much as having been the last survivor. Knowing we’ll meet again this year tempers my satisfaction.

1 Like

Trying something different this week.
Today
Superset 1 x 4
Bench 225 x 10
Deadlift 315 x 10

Superset 2 x 4
oh press from rack 165 x 10
Tricep pushowns (rope) 90 x 10

Superset 3 x 4
hammer curls 40 x 10
leg press 360 x 10

Didn’t really want to train any one body part too hard but as this will probably be my only lifting this week want to hit everything. Kinda of enjoyed it.

Tomorrow = throwing, a lot
Wed = Swimming and teach

I like your alternative to the most mature fashion.

2 Likes

I’m just catching up. Congrats to you.

Thank you. All glory is fleeting.

Wednesday - tried the river for about 200m. Still a little cold so went to the cement pond to finish up and did a nice and easy 500m. With the weather staying in the 90fs for the next week so hoping I can start hitting the river and leave the indoor till next year.

Today - very easy throwing, disc is really coming along good. Weather is scheduled for 92f and humid in Birmingham this weekend so made sure the first thing I’m packing is the chalk. Tomorrow, lounge and carb

Just found this in some old stuff. Pretty sure it was my 56 birthday so went 565 in the dl after some goading form several members here. Excuse the ass in the face and por quality vid.