That's Just Harry

…and good looking, too! :laughing:

1 Like

Went out into the backyard to throw today. Temp got up in the high 70’s so just had to get out and throw today. Backyard is still soak so took a bucket of water and some towels. Worked mainly on form using heavy shots to slow me down and make me concentrate on the movements.
all standing and power position
18# x 5
16# x 8
14# x 10
That was it.

Saw this video over on Rogue Fitness and liked it. Guys 38, PL in the Arnold and looking to hit his top strength before he’s older.

1 Like

And don’t forget humble.

1 Like

^yep.

1 Like

Yesterday
Swim
50m x 4
100m x 4
500m

Taught Class

This morning

Bench
135wu
185 x 8
225 x 8 x 3

Smith Incline
90wu
140 x 10 x 3

incline flys
15, 20 x 12
25,30 x 10

Fly machine
80,90,100,110 x 10

CGB
205 x 8 x 3

tri machine thingy with handles (didn’t get a real thrill form it)
70,80,90,10 x 8

1 Like

Clean/press, floor up
45wu
135 x 3
155 x 3
185 x2

High pulls
135wu
185 x 2
205 x2x3

ski raises 35,40,45 x 10
hammer curls 25,30,30 x 10
Twists

Pix from the Philippines. We’ll call this my nutrition section. All the fruit comes from my yard. The one pix is my nephew getting mangoes. The markets are about 400m from my house. Makes it hard to watch the diet.

3 Likes

Geez Harry! Do you have to rub it in like that? No wonder you’re immortal.

1 Like

Cool pictures! What are the insects like over there?

1 Like

Awesome pictures.

1 Like

Lot better than here in Alabama. Mosquitoes aren’t really bothersome but can carry Dengue Fever and to lesser extent Malaria. Only poisonous spider I’ve ever heard of is the Red Back Spider, same as Australia, that’s pretty nasty but it’s only in the more southern Islands. Small scorpions that feel like a bee sting and but are basically harmless. Lot of really big beetles, butterflies, and a lot of large flying insects that look scary but are harmless. Huge centipedes but not that poisonous. Two deadly snakes, Philippine Cobra and the Krait, only found on the rice producing islands. Lots of lizards, especially gecko’s. Call them house lizards. Great to have in the house cause they eat insects and bring the luck. Deadliest things in the Philippines are in the water. Great Whites, Crocodiles, jellyfish, and the Blue -ringed Octopus that’s deadly but usually stays hidden in the coral. For being tropical the Philippines is pretty fortunate in it’s lack of deadly kitters.

Beatles, house lizards and butterflies all sound fun. It’s interesting that different critters live on different islands. Like an obvious No-Brainer that I never thought about.

1 Like

Swam and taught
Tried to throw and the shot sank past ground level it’s so wet here

Today
Deads
135wu
225,315 x5, 335 x3, 375 x 1 (came up nice and easy)
Bend rows
135,155,175 x 8
lat pulldowns
90,100,110,120 x 10
seated rows
100,110,120 x 10
Shrugs
135,185,225 x max
Facepulls w/rope
70,80,90 x 10

Face up to the fact I’ll probably never be able to do squats from behind the neck again and the only way I can do them to the front is by crushing my adam’s apple. Decided it’s back to zercher’s

zercher’s from the rackfrom rack
45wu
135 x 8 x4
That was it but felt good and natural. Going to keep going with those.
Single leg squats with rear leg elevated and dumbbells (forgot what these at called)
40 # dumbbells 3x10 ea leg
Got an email today inviting me to another Track and Field meet in Jun. Looks like a good one. Brings me up to 6. Putting the wife on the plane to the Philippines for a month tomorrow morning so have a group of projects to keep me busy.

Annnnddd… then there’s Harry. You know, has lifted in months, waltzes right in and starts kicking ass and taking names.

You might also consider front squats with straps.

Just a thought

If 375 x 1 was easy, you’re holding yourself back.

Trying to ease back in this time. Trying to peak around 1 Jun for my T&F season.

Have tried those and vice grips. Crossed arms in the front, too. I must have no neck or be too delicate. When I raise my arms up my front delts are even with my chin and the bar either gets trapped against my neck or dead on the delt.

1 Like

The strongman types love the SSB. Besides the squatting part, they say it really works the upper back.

I have no personal experience with it, I’m just a commercial gym guy.

This guy is a national champ, friend of Alpha on this site:

Never been where that had one of those and probably won’t buy one. Trying to get rid of a lot of junk for when we eventually make the full time move to the Philippines.

Bench
135wu
205 x 8
245 x 8 x 3
Tried some bouncing and still not very coordinated at it.

Smith Incline
90wu
160 x 10 x 3

incline flys
15, 20 x 12
25,30 x 10

Fly machine
80,90,100,110 x 10

CGB
205 x 10 x 3

While at the grocery store today happened to see a young man with really huge arms. Wearing a Tshirt so they were really on display. Funny thing is, there was absolutely no evidence of any other muscle mass on him. No delts, traps, lats. Nothing and based on the arm development you’d think there’d be some. Must of spend years doing nothing but arms. Strange.

1 Like

So, wife’s safely in the Philippines, did some work on the new pantry, got a flash drive full of Peaky Blinders 4th season for a binge watch, glass of Jameson’s, a Gran Habano vintage 2002 ready to fire up. Life is good. Until…two friends just got to egg me on. Here’s 2 vids of a couple of the kids I gets to play with this year. They’re both within a couple of months of my age, hold lots of throwing records, and are…I really wanted to say bad stuff but they’re really both great people. One doing a 295# clean with no squat and the other, who’s coming back after a 4 year lay off, doing a 200# behind the neck press. [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__HUyseE-YM](phil - YouTube) Don’t know if those vids came out or not. New to this method.