hyper ext
overhead tri ex (rope)
hammer curls

Light throws tomorrow, meet Saturday

Your log title is WAY too modest. Please consider some suggestions of mine:

A Blueprint For Badassery
How To Win At Life
I Do What I Want You Little Punk

Keep up the fine work and keep leading the way for those of us looking to keep this up for a long time!

1 Like

Thanks for the compliment 2js. I’m continually impressed by the posters/lifters in our forum here.

Competing Saturday so nothing today. Wife’s making me take her out after supper to Kaleidoscoops. She loves her Banana Split. Me, triple scoop Strawberry Sundae.

1 Like

fore I forget…today, 1974, Lynyrd Skynyrd released Second Helping. Had this little tiddy on it. So here’s for ya’ll,

1 Like

Saturday’s results:
Shot = 2nd
Discus = 2nd
Hammer = 1st

Yes, I received an ass whoopin, Saturday. MR Joe Meyer came to town. Joe is 8’ tall and weighs 400#, benches 700, and presses 600. None of which is true of course but it would make things better if it were. Joe is currently ranked #1 in the shot put in the US and number 2 in the world. (our age group. of course) Not as high in the discus but still in the to top 5 (world). Joe is maybe an inch tall than me, and around 230#, build the same. He decide to come from up north to enter this meet, “Just cause I missed you, Harry”. I love Joe, he is a super guy and it’s always a pleasure to throw with him.
It was an outstanding meet, I was ahead in the shot and discus for about 2 throws, and that was it. Loved the competition, I threw new prs in the shot and discus so I know he took it and I just didn’t give it away. He was better, on that day. I think the amount I can catch him next year if I go back to my rotational style (Hope springs eternal).

We’re doing some work at my Mom’s house and found this in an old Picture collection of hers. Figure this either 1972 or 73. Won state both years. The shorts over sweat pants was the height of chic at the time.

2 Likes

You never fail to impress. Congrats, even if you took an ass whoopin!

Thank you Ms Little

Got 2 more T&F invites in my email today. Will probably do them but I’m turning my attention back my lifting. It was suppose to be a swim day but after the last 3 days of downpours it’s running way to fast to risk it and don’t have time to get to the base pool.

Back to my basics

Bench

135,185wu
225x8
275,295x6
315x2x6

inclines (smith)
90wu
180,230,250x10

db flyes
25,35x10
45x8
55x6

cgbp
225x10x3

overhead tri ext (rope)
90,110,120x10

Never worth the risk! A young man (25) drown just last week in our lil river. They were fishing and his daughter fell off the dam and when he went in to save her, it cost him. None of us can figure out what really happened, you can just about walk across it.

Good work on the 315 benches. Must be the Cajun blood.

I love the old pic! Love it! And congratulations on your latest neck adornments.

Regarding your comment in my log about getting back into PLing, I’d love to see that!

1 Like

Thank you CL, Biker and kpsnap

Early

power clean
135wu
185x6
205x5
225x3
245x2,1,1

Standing press
135wu
185,205x6
225x5x3

rear delt flyes
25,35,45x8

lat raise machice
ea side 25,45,55x10

hammer curls
45x10x3
reverse curls (ez bar)
75x10x3

Straight to swimming pool
100m x 4
200m x 2

I felt the swimming after the shoulder work first.

Went to the post gyms today. We’ve really got a great set up out there. Seperate rooms for “free weights”, a lot. Next rooms are “machines 1 (upper body)” and “machines 2 (lower)” , “cardio”, “stretching”, and one they call “functional”, looks like it has all the stuff for crossfit. 6 Racquetbaal courts, basketball court. Steam and sauna. 2nd gym has the swimming pool. Post is 18 miles from my house but I’m definitely going to start using it more. Wife reminded me we hadn’t played racquetball in a loooong time. We use to play couple times a week. I think I just made a date.

Reads like really great gym, and you’re still strong enough to enjoy it.

Thanks Biker

Been a few weeks so tried to ease into the back work

DL
135,225wu
315x6
365x5
385x4
405x2,2,2

bent rows
225x8x3

facepulls (rope)

Seated chest supported rows (new machine for me)
90wu
180x8x3

That was it, was thinking of doing some legs when a phone call gave me an excuse not too,

Very early swim
1000m

Straight to gym to try and get back into some leg work

Squats
135wu
225x8
275x6
315x5x3

That’s it

Throw tomorrow
Party Monday

Bench Press
135x10
155x10
185x10
225x6

MP
45x10x3

And proud of it.
Back in 1993 they replaced most of my left shoulder. Told me the surgery would last 15 years tops. It lasted 23. Dec 9, 2016 they replaced my left shoulder, again. Said this time I was good for 20+ years. Figure this one should take me into my 90’s at least. Went through 6 of 19 PT sessions and said adios I can do this on my own. 10 days after surgery I overhead pressed a soup can. Still having pain pressing over head and the most I’ve swam is 200m but improving quickly. Wanted to do the Senior Olympics this year but I’ll be in the Philippines then. Plan on doing beaucoup swimming there and then hitting the weights and throwing hard when I get back. Miss following all of you and am going to catch up.

1 Like

Welcome back Harry… Best of luck with the rehab!

HARRY! You’re back!

Glad you’re back. Besides all that physical stuff you do, you can relate how a second artificial shoulder feels/acts.

Harry, I always knew you were a man of steel. Looking forward to your exploits as usual.