That Was Fast: Mizzou President Resigns

[quote]Aggv wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]Aggv wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Let us be grateful this generation of delicate little flowers didn’t have to fight the Nazis.
[/quote]

Pray to god there is not another conflict which tests the valor of a generation, because we are totally fucked. [/quote]

No we aren’t. These fucking cry babies are few and far between. Even for my generation. Lets not forget a lot of millennials have spent time in the Middle East.

In my limited world view this doesn’t really seem all that different than the dumb ass college kids scream baby killer and non-sense like that during the Vietnam era. College students are generally young and dumb adults that haven’t figured out they don’t have everything figured out. This was true in 1905, 1965, and now in 2015.

Am I wrong? [/quote]

You’re not wrong, but i think the gap is widening and there are a hell of a lot more kids in college today than in the past. In our society you either go to college, or you’re a fuckin loser.
[/quote]

I’m honestly not sure if that is true or not. Maybe you’re right. I don’t think we truly understand the impact social media has had on our society yet and I think that’s a big x factor in all this.

http://nation.foxnews.com/2015/11/13/safe-space-activists-shut-down-immigrant-asian-students-speech-after-she-says-blacks-were

People need to get worked up about all this…but they seem to be getting worked up for the wrong reason.

These are young, naive, dumb-ass college students where a “struggle” probably is when their I-Phone loses charge. Their great-grandparents may have had real struggles; but all indications are that they got butt-hurt about something at best; or fabricated (or at least embellished) events at worst.

Hopefully they will learn with time about crying “Wolf”, and not do so in their personal Lives.

The “tragedy” here is that it clouds real racial problems (which do exist) and make people cynical and jaded about the real problems.

And the resignation of the President?

Now let ME be cynical. If they didn’t see the football team and possibly millions of dollars going out the door, he would still be President. The possible football Boycott is what did this guy in…not some student protest.

Mufasa

Dartmouth Protesters Assault Students While Screaming Racial Threats

Read more: Dartmouth Protesters Assault Students While Screaming Racial Threats | The Daily Caller

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

Read more: Dartmouth Protesters Assault Students While Screaming Racial Threats | The Daily Caller

http://dailycaller.com/2015/11/15/dartmouth-protesters-assault-students-while-screaming-racial-threats/[/quote]

Having witnessed that, I assume there will be a movement to have this President removed due to mass racial intimidation on campus…

Further, anyone pushing anyone else up against a wall will be expelled and have their names turned over to law enforcement. I believe there’s a category of crime when you lay hands on someone against their will while shouting F— [shoved person’s race], or some such thing.

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

http://dailycaller.com/2015/11/15/dartmouth-protesters-assault-students-while-screaming-racial-threats/[/quote]

Having witnessed that, I assume there will be a movement to have this President removed due to mass racial intimidation on campus…

Further, anyone pushing anyone else up against a wall will be expelled and have their names turned over to law enforcement. I believe there’s a category of crime when you lay hands on someone against their will while shouting F— [shoved person’s race], or some such thing.
[/quote]

Protesting in what appears to be the university library while students are trying to study. Classy. Doesn’t Dartmouth have a quad?

The illogic of "Fuck you, you filthy white fucks!â?? and â??Fuck you, you racist shit!â?? is disconcerting. How do these imbeciles get into ivy league schools?

[quote]pushharder wrote:
This is just too much. I mean it’s so foul it defies description:

Mizzou Campus Activists and Black Lives Matter Complain About Paris Stealing the Spotlight

Fucking despicable. Like I needed another reason to detest that “movement.”

Is the assault on a different video?
or did you mean the girl that was sort of in the guys face?
If that happened in the library that I study in, I’d be flipping the fuck out on these people for disrupting my studying.

[quote]MattyG35 wrote:
If that happened in the library that I study in, I’d be flipping the fuck out on these people for disrupting my studying.[/quote]

Don’t think the entirety is on video. Or, at least not on what we’ve seen. However, I followed the link to the Dartmouth Review, and they report this…

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[quote]MattyG35 wrote:
If that happened in the library that I study in, I’d be flipping the fuck out on these people for disrupting my studying.[/quote]

Don’t think the entirety is on video. Or, at least not on what we’ve seen. However, I followed the link to the Dartmouth Review, and they report this…

http://www.dartreview.com/eyes-wide-open-at-the-protest/[/quote]

Ok, that makes more sense, too bad the rest isn’t on video.

I try to think about how I would react if I were in that library, and I figure if it were a short lived protest, I would probably endure it and continue my studying when it ended. If it lasted longer than I cared to deal with, I would pack up and leave. If someone put hands on me and pushed me against a wall, they are going to the emergency room, with extreme fucking prejudice.

I can respect their right to protest, but if they be physical, you should be well within your right to break their shit off somethin’ proper.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
I try to think about how I would react if I were in that library, and I figure if it were a short lived protest, I would probably endure it and continue my studying when it ended. If it lasted longer than I cared to deal with, I would pack up and leave. If someone put hands on me and pushed me against a wall, they are going to the emergency room, with extreme fucking prejudice.

I can respect their right to protest, but if they be physical, you should be well within your right to break their shit off somethin’ proper.

[/quote]

I don’t think I would have the patience. In the libraries I go to, there’s basically stickers every 3 feet that say to be quiet, and if you’re going to talk, do it outside in the hall. On more than one occasion, I’ve yelled at people and said “Shut the fuck up!”. That one never gets old, lol.

Some good news about the situation at Yale at least.

Occidental College is next school to endure protests…

A group that identified itself as Oxy United for Black Liberation issued a press release calling on school officials to meet 14 demands related to increasing diversity and representation at the school. The group has asked for a response by Friday.

“Amongst these demands,” the press release said, “are the removal of Jonathan Veitch from his position as president, the creation of a Black Studies major, the hiring of more faculty of color, an increase in funding for campus organizations run by students of color, and the creation of a diversity training for faculty and students.”

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
The “tragedy” here is that it clouds real racial problems (which do exist) and make people cynical and jaded about the real problems.

Mufasa[/quote]

Certainly one of the tragedies here for sure. And it’s sure to make things worse. Just like blocking traffic and all that shit. It turns off people that were on your side, and makes them indifferent, and it digs the enemy in deeper.

How the fuck preventing someone from getting to work, or home from work to be the father and mother they are trying to be “brings attention to racism” as it FUCKS OVER THE VERY SAME PEOPLE YOU’RE TRYING TO STICK UP FOR, is beyond me. What, you’re telling me these dipshits don’t think black people have kids to get home to, mouths to feed by getting to work on time?

I’ve already said my peace about them fucking up “safespace” “triggers” and a whole host of other vocabulary needed by people with serious problems. I mean fuck these fucking cry babies. I hope they “hunger strike” themselves away. Dipshit assholes.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

Mufasa[/quote]

Certainly one of the tragedies here for sure. And it’s sure to make things worse. Just like blocking traffic and all that shit. It turns off people that were on your side, and makes them indifferent, and it digs the enemy in deeper.

How the fuck preventing someone from getting to work, or home from work to be the father and mother they are trying to be “brings attention to racism” as it FUCKS OVER THE VERY SAME PEOPLE YOU’RE TRYING TO STICK UP FOR, is beyond me. What, you’re telling me these dipshits don’t think black people have kids to get home to, mouths to feed by getting to work on time?

I’ve already said my peace about them fucking up “safespace” “triggers” and a whole host of other vocabulary needed by people with serious problems. I mean fuck these fucking cry babies. I hope they “hunger strike” themselves away. Dipshit assholes. [/quote]

Couldn’t agree more, they aren’t doing their cause much service when you go into a library packed with students trying to study. Then, start yelling and swearing at the people most likely to be with your cause. That type of shit would definitely turn me away.