That Was Fast: Mizzou President Resigns

These kids make me laugh, had I pulled this shit as a kid I would have been homeless, foodless, and assless, for my father would have worn my ass out with his leather belt.

These kids need to be told to stfu, get back to class, and if they don’t like it to transfer to another school.

1 Like

This thread is in need of an update. Mizzou is starting to feel the fallout from its cowardly administration and Board letting a minority of rabblerousers get their way and embarrass the school. Mizzou is currently:

In my view what happened is the football team and the trust fund hunger strike guy turned a small situation into a classic cluterfuck. Reflexive non-thinkers, both Mizzou students and people around the country, immediately took sides with the protesters because anything deemed a PC cause apparently needs to be supported without question or investigation.

Personally, I’m happy things are turning out poorly for Mizzou. For one, I’m tired of a bunch of complainers getting their way all the time along with the cowards that enable these spectacles. Hopefully the piss poor results makes other administrations think twice when some students start acting petulant.

Second, I get legitimately rustled whenever I see poseur revolutionaries throwing up fists and shit during their on campus protests where they DEMAND safe spaces. And have the gall to refer to themselves as revolutionaries. Like they’re actually risking anything or even endorsing a worthwhile effort. I … am … a … revolutionary!

Finally, I am a huge fan of SEC football and think Mizzou is a shit stain on the conference. That football team may never recover from this. Their 2016 recruiting class would be a failure for a bottom feeder ACC program let alone a SEC program. Myself and other SEC fans were in disbelief that team threatened to not play. Then Gary Pinkel (then head coach) and their AD took the cowards way out and pledge support for the team’s threat. Instead of using the event as an educational moment to teach these kids that acting like petulant brats whenever you feel like you’re not getting your way is a poor way to go thru life as an adult. Now the football team is the biggest dumpster fire in the SEC.

Side note – I’m very pleased that Melissa Click (professor who called for muscle against the campus reporter) has basically rail roaded her own career by acting like a brat.

Anyone have any further thoughts? Is it possible the tide is turning against the PC police crowd b/c they took their nonsense too far?

I don’t think the tide was ever with them. They’ve gotten by on being the loudest assholes in the room while hiding behind a herd of sacred cows.

Yea but they’ve been very effective at using the loudest asshole in the room strategy to squash any discussion. They’re also effective at combining this strategy with smearing. I’m sure there were Mizzou students who thought the entire event was a travesty that could turn out poorly (which it did). But do you want to be the dude who can’t get pussy on campus because the word on the street is that you’re a racist? No, so you stay quiet about it.

I guess what I meant by the tide turning is that it would be awesome if people collectively realized that squashing open discussion b/c it might infringe on someone’s safe space is leading to bad results. When I feel confident I can discuss certain issues in a calm manner without being immediately smeared then I’ll believe the tide has turned.

I am late to the party and only recently started watching the most recent season of South Park. The entire theme of the season is bashing PC police culture. Stuff like that gives me hope that people are wising up to the negative consequences of stifling free speech as well as how comical society has become in certain aspects.

The fact that it was controversial to not like Katelyn Jenner was absurd and illustrated how far the PC movement has gone. I believe PC culture has gotten so extreme that it’s actually working against itself b/c it’s gotten unbearable for a lot of people. The college safe space phenomena is another example of this. It’s making even liberals uncomfortable (there have been numerous liberal magazines that have spoken out against what’s going on at college campuses).

Oh I agree completely with what you’re saying. When I said that the tide was never with them I meant majority support among the general population. I live in Maine, so lots of hippie types here, yet nobody I know actually espouses any of this nonsense or conducts themselves in such a way.

To your point, whatever tide they had with their bit of attention-seeking is receding. I don’t find this surprising. I still think most people are fairly reasonable and, as you already noted, the general public is becoming more aware of the pitfalls involved with this mindset.

Maybe I’m lucky though. We elected Paul LePage twice. PC doesn’t exactly thrive around here. Most people I know say things just as “bad” as he does in private company. He talks like a Mainer, so of course he’s on the national news getting skewered by the PC police. His crime? Stating some pretty obvious truths without dressing it up in the PC-approved euphemisms or keeping things deliberately vague so as not to offend.

Is it dumb of him? Sure, probably a bad PR move, but maybe not a bad political move. Regardless, I can take a quick stroll down Pine Street in my city and see that he’s pretty spot-on with some of his recent comments. But not before noon, that place is dead in the morning.

Some order has been restored.

1 Like

This chick is like herpes, she won’t go away.

1 Like

She’s a lunatic who hangs out solely with other enabling lunatics thus closing the loop of lunacy that are the regressives

Some of you might like this article. I think it’s open to the public now, so hopefully you won’t hit a paywall.

If you’re trying to figure out where some of the current rhetoric is coming from, this video is absolutely worth the 8 minutes. It’s not just about feminism. She talks about victim status and identity politics that justifies stereotyping, shaming, and silencing anyone who is part of the “privileged class” or who disagrees with this theory as it’s being applied.

1 Like

George Yancey, a sociology professor, says he has faced many problems in life because he is black, “but inside academia I face more problems as a Christian, and it is not even close.”

Things like this really need to happen more.

When “SJW’s” Mob mentality is allowed to prevail…true injustice is too often overlooked.

(And yes…true injustice still does occur…)

Christina Hoffman Summers put it best, when she said that this SJW bullshit would have never gotten this far if controls in academia remained in place. But because of fear of lashing out, they remained quiet and never cleansed the ideas that should have never gotten traction in the first place.

These people lash out to stop having to debate the argument, but I think this whole bullshit movement has come to an end, or should I say that the bloom is off the rose. These people are spoiled brats throwing tantrums, and nothing more.

1 Like

Agree.

A couple of University President’s have gotten burned when they found out that some of these injustices were hoaxes.

Most of these President’s are pretty smart people who know how to navigate the politics of Academia…

I’m pretty sure many will be following the old adage “…fool me once…”

Once people see a sign of resistance, and the resistance survives scrutiny, people are more willing to sign on to that resistance. The SJW movement will crumble if administrators stand firm against these cry bullies.

Hoff Sommers and Milo Yianoppolous (sic) are mounting a pretty strong resistance that’s gaining traction (it seems).

They were the ones speaking at UMass when the infamous Jigglypuff arise from the depths…

Yes, along with Steven Crowder, they have been killing it on Milo’s tour.