That Was Fast: Mizzou President Resigns

University of Missouri: Tim Wolfe resigns - Sports Illustrated

[quote]Alrightmiami19c wrote:

[/quote]

The thing that kills meā€¦ The whole safespace hippy mumbo jumbo is a real thing, and something important to people who are dealing with serious fucking issues.

And then trendy fucking douche bag lefties have to abuse the living fuck out of the concept and create an ultra negative connotation of the idea, which just makes it harder for someone who actually needs one, to deal with their shit.

They fuck up the entire concept, abuse it, and then expect the world to bend over backward for them because they know vocabulary words they donā€™t understand how to use appropriately.

I think it happened quickly because the football team decided to sit out all football activities until he resigned.

The issues that Iā€™ve heard that created the frenzy donā€™t add up to the ā€˜mandatoryā€™ justice requirements stated by the mob/students. As the president said, ā€œThis is not how change should come aboutā€.

Sad to see that the mob wins, and who would dare go for that job now?

If the football team at any school decides to boycott, theyā€™ll get whatever they want. Football pays the bills, a team finally realized it, and now theyā€™re using this leverage to force some more bullshit.

Inmates are now officially running the asylum, and the liberal leaders at these schools have nobody to blame but themselves.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]Alrightmiami19c wrote:

[/quote]

The thing that kills meā€¦ The whole safespace hippy mumbo jumbo is a real thing, and something important to people who are dealing with serious fucking issues.

And then trendy fucking douche bag lefties have to abuse the living fuck out of the concept and create an ultra negative connotation of the idea, which just makes it harder for someone who actually needs one, to deal with their shit.

They fuck up the entire concept, abuse it, and then expect the world to bend over backward for them because they know vocabulary words they donā€™t understand how to use appropriately.

[/quote]

Amen beans!

[quote]Aggv wrote:
If the football team at any school decides to boycott, theyā€™ll get whatever they want. Football pays the bills, a team finally realized it, and now theyā€™re using this leverage to force some more bullshit.

Inmates are now officially running the asylum, and the liberal leaders at these schools have nobody to blame but themselves. [/quote]

I read that it would cost Missouri over 1 million to forfeit the upcoming BYU game.

Go COUGS!!

I was looking at the list of demands here, and I was wondering how many of the football player perks they were willing to give up to help pay for these demands. Social justice centers, new curriculum, increased funding for the counseling center, hiring new facultyā€¦

To clarify, it sounds like the university president was slow to act if there were repeated incidents, but I donā€™t like the tactics of demanding someone loose their job. The aggrieved group begins to look a lot like the bullies.

Weā€™re seeing this a lot as a way to shut down free speech, where student groups make demands to ā€œuninviteā€, censor, boycott people they do not agree with. This stuff can take on a mob mentality.

How wasnā€™t this movement soundly and completely denounced in the media? Why did I bother asking thatā€¦

One of their demands, the very first ones to be met at a proposed press conference, in fact; ā€œTim Wolfe must acknowledge his white male privilegeā€¦ā€

Whatever their other demands may be, one which must be met is that he confess his inherent guilt as a white male in order to hold his onto his jobā€¦

Wow. Just, wow. It is bizarre to think weā€™re now moving into an era of two races, the Guilty and the Victimized. One is white and male, the other everybody else

Ok, which one of you is knowledgeisgood on that si board?

Am I the only one that thinks he should lose his job? Itā€™s obvious there is a large portion of his students who arenā€™t being prepared to be productive, responsible adults.

[quote]Powerpuff wrote:
I was looking at the list of demands here, and I was wondering how many of the football player perks they were willing to give up to help pay for these demands. Social justice centers, new curriculum, increased funding for the counseling center, hiring new facultyā€¦

To clarify, it sounds like the university president was slow to act if there were repeated incidents, but I donā€™t like the tactics of demanding someone loose their job. The aggrieved group begins to look a lot like the bullies.

Weā€™re seeing this a lot as a way to shut down free speech, where student groups make demands to ā€œuninviteā€, censor, boycott people they do not agree with. This stuff can take on a mob mentality. [/quote]

ā€œTim Wolfe must acknowledge his white male privilegeā€

Lololololololololololololo

I would of told these dumb ass kids to go fuck themselves.

[quote]Aggv wrote:

Inmates are now officially running the asylum, and the liberal leaders at these schools have nobody to blame but themselves. [/quote]

From above.

One of the demands is 10 percent black faculty and staff by 2017-2018.
Correct me if Iā€™m wrong, but I believe thatā€™s a racial quota.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
Am I the only one that thinks he should lose his job? Itā€™s obvious there is a large portion of his students who arenā€™t being prepared to be productive, responsible adults.[/quote]

I agree-This is pretty excellent organizing. While ā€œstate-fundedā€ schools raise a lot of issues, I think that students should have more power and say, and should exercise their power more often than is typical now. Iā€™m not saying I agree or disagree with this particular instance, but I agree on the whole with the concept of increased student agency and engagement and accept the consequences (i.e. the job loss) where it happens.

[quote]Mcincinatti wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
Am I the only one that thinks he should lose his job? Itā€™s obvious there is a large portion of his students who arenā€™t being prepared to be productive, responsible adults.[/quote]

I agree-This is pretty excellent organizing. While ā€œstate-fundedā€ schools raise a lot of issues, I think that students should have more power and say, and should exercise their power more often than is typical now. Iā€™m not saying I agree or disagree with this particular instance, but I agree on the whole with the concept of increased student agency and engagement and accept the consequences (i.e. the job loss) where it happens. [/quote]

ā€¦because students tend to show the ability to consider long term consequences to their actions, especially while engaged in mob rule. Yep, nothing wrong with that.

Correct me if Iā€™m wrong, isnā€™t there already a governing student body and multiple established student led and run organizations on campus to facilitate these kind of things through proper channels? Nary anything good comes from cow-towing to mob rule and that is what this is. Just the fact one of their demands had something to do with ā€œwhite privilegeā€ and racial quotas tells me that whoever ā€œorganizedā€ this has their own political agenda and couldnā€™t give a fuck about the ā€œcauseā€. Itā€™s political opportunism as its finest - Obama and Rahm Emanuel would be proud.

[quote]Powerpuff wrote:
One of the demands is 10 percent black faculty and staff by 2017-2018.
Correct me if Iā€™m wrong, but I believe thatā€™s a racial quota. [/quote]

https://diversity.missouri.edu/about/stats/

Damn pesky bookworm Asians taking all of the good Faculty jobs way out of proportion to their % of student population.

Fuck the football team, they suck ass anyway, but they do generate revenue for the school so that played into it.

These activists will never be happy, even if all their demands are met. I say fuck them, and when they told the president to admit his white privilege, he should have pulled his pants down and left a steaming dragon right in front of them.

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]Mcincinatti wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

I agree-This is pretty excellent organizing. While ā€œstate-fundedā€ schools raise a lot of issues, I think that students should have more power and say, and should exercise their power more often than is typical now. Iā€™m not saying I agree or disagree with this particular instance, but I agree on the whole with the concept of increased student agency and engagement and accept the consequences (i.e. the job loss) where it happens. [/quote]

ā€¦because students tend to show the ability to consider long term consequences to their actions, especially while engaged in mob rule. Yep, nothing wrong with that.

Correct me if Iā€™m wrong, isnā€™t there already a governing student body and multiple established student led and run organizations on campus to facilitate these kind of things through proper channels? Nary anything good comes from cow-towing to mob rule and that is what this is. Just the fact one of their demands had something to do with ā€œwhite privilegeā€ and racial quotas tells me that whoever ā€œorganizedā€ this has their own political agenda and couldnā€™t give a fuck about the ā€œcauseā€. Itā€™s political opportunism as its finest - Obama and Rahm Emanuel would be proud.[/quote]

Not sure I follow- is your gripe with the people who stepped down and/or folks at the top who asked or assented to the resignations (those who gave in?), or are you objecting to the students protesting for a particular result? Or both?

So that Iā€™m clear, Iā€™m not endorsing this particular cause on its merits, though I do endorse free assembly and organized peaceful protest as a legitimate means to affect change, regardless of whether or not I agree with whatā€™s being protested.

For those who disagree with these student protests, is the alternative that we say that students arenā€™t allowed to assemble and organize peaceful protests? To me it sounds like we would, in that instance, be infringing 1st amendment rights.