T Nation

'That Stuffs Not Good for You'

That’s what the reaction I get from skinny or fat bastards that walk into my dorm and see the pyramid of Flameout/Spike/Metabolic Drive/Surge and all the other supplements I have already used (instead of beer pyramids I make Biotest Pyramids)

When one of my (now) friends first saw my room they said the same things most other out of shape guys say…“That stuffs not good for you bro.” Except this guy has a father whose a doctor. The son said his father had a patient who is in suffering complications from taking supplements. This past semester the father/doctor came into the dorm to help his son move stuff out, so I took the opportunity to confront him on the issue. He said he had not one, but a few patients who all were suffering complications from the same supplemental product. I showed him the Biotest ones I was taking and he saw nothing wrong with them. I asked him what the product was that his patients were suffering complications from. He responded…

NO-Xplode

Its common knowledge on this site that this product is utter garbage, but I just thought I’d add more fuel to the fire. How many people are taking this stuff if one doctor has a few patients suffering complications from NO-Xplode? I didn’t know it was that common.

No surprise here.

Just the other day an under classman told me his doctor said that if he took creatine that he would have a heartattack at the age of 18. He then went on to tell me how NO-Explode was “da bomb”. I just laughed at his face

Not to mention that NO-explode has some “type” of creatine in it

As much as I don’t really think NoXplode is a worthwhile supplement, I doubt it can really cause any real medical complications. Most people have no clue what’s going on with the current crop of supplements being pumped out. If the Dr actually realized that it was just some hyped up Arginine, I doubt he would be claiming that it’s making kids drop dead -lol

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
As much as I don’t really think NoXplode is a worthwhile supplement, I doubt it can really cause any real medical complications. Most people have no clue what’s going on with the current crop of supplements being pumped out. If the Dr actually realized that it was just some hyped up Arginine, I doubt he would be claiming that it’s making kids drop dead -lol

S
[/quote]

The medical issue is probably somehow related to the creatine. I am not blaming creatine but I would guess that the type of person that drinks No Xplode is the type of person who does not stay hydrated when using creatine.

I’d also be willing to bet that the patients weren’t the brightest either. I mean not following the cycle that is instructed, overdosing, basically abusing it.

I run into people who brag about how great No-Xplode is, having used it myself, and moved on to much better products I can offer some sort of insight to them, not that they take it though, as most of them are the bench & bicep crowd.

S
[/quote]

An inside source told me that there is 800mg of caffiene in a serving of no-xplode. That much caffiene is enough to totally contradict any pump that it is supposed to give. So my insider then told me that they threw some form of sodium in there with a fancily named monohydrate that will bloat people with water so they think they are getting a good pump, while being tweaked on caffiene.

So in a summary sodium + too much caffiene + taken daily preworkout, sometimes in multiple servings can lead to health complications. IMVO…otherwise I totally agree with you. Who knows how legit my insider was, but he does work for BSN :slight_smile: He told me he wouldn’t take it if it was free…lol

DG

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote

An inside source told me that there is 800mg of caffiene in a serving of no-xplode. That much caffiene is enough to totally contradict any pump that it is supposed to give. So my insider then told me that they threw some form of sodium in there with a fancily named monohydrate that will bloat people with water so they think they are getting a good pump, while being tweaked on caffiene.

So in a summary sodium + too much caffiene + taken daily preworkout, sometimes in multiple servings can lead to health complications. IMVO…otherwise I totally agree with you. Who knows how legit my insider was, but he does work for BSN :slight_smile: He told me he wouldn’t take it if it was free…lol

DG[/quote]

Hahaha, Man, I remember like 3 years ago I was at a natural show in NYC, and was talking to some rep who had set up a booth in the lobby with free samples of one of their products (it was something dumb sounding). SO he’s giving me his sales pitch about how it’s an amonia scavenger, blah blah blah… so I listen for a bit about all the amazing benefits and then ask “like putting a little bit of lemon in your water?”. He pauses for a minute, then leans in close and says “between you and me, this stuff is all garbage, I wouldn’t ever take any of it” -lol

S

Being skinny or fat is also not good for you. You should be quick to point that out. Not having some muscle is a sign of poor health. You can also point out how even though you consume these supplements, you are not (hopefully) eating and drinking the crap everyone else is (alcohol, fast food, etc.) Its all a trade off, one thing for another.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Not having some muscle is a sign of poor health.[/quote]

Really? I can think of a number of people that lived long and healthy lives and never picked up a weight in their life.

Dirty Gerdy wrote

DG

Hahaha, Man, I remember like 3 years ago I was at a natural show in NYC, and was talking to some rep who had set up a booth in the lobby with free samples of one of their products (it was something dumb sounding). SO he’s giving me his sales pitch about how it’s an amonia scavenger, blah blah blah… so I listen for a bit about all the amazing benefits and then ask “like putting a little bit of lemon in your water?”. He pauses for a minute, then leans in close and says “between you and me, this stuff is all garbage, I wouldn’t ever take any of it” -lol

S
[/quote]

lol tell me about it, I work for nutrishop and I have to play salesman all day, I try to stick to my morals and not sell the stuff I think is crap, but I’m still selling it when they put it on the counter. lol I try and educate them on the product, but it’s their decision I guess… I gotta feed my bodybuilding habits! lol

DG

my friend and I were talking about what workouts we were doing at the time, and he kept raving about how this new stuff he’s taking is gonna get him jacked.

NO-Xplode…

Idiot…