That Predictive Text Thing

Ok, I'm sure I'm not the only one this happens to. So I go to type up a response to someone that has asked the norm question of "Is there anything I need to do before I go" While that constitutes a wide variety of answers depending on source of question, hehehe, I simply type: "Yes please check to see if she has the papers ready for me" BUT NOOOOOO God forbid my text actually come out like that OR I reread what I'm about to send. No, it goes to her as " yes please check to see if she has the rapers ready for me" So of course I get a WTF back, anyways, this happen to anyone as much as it does me? >_<

Reading this made my head hurt.

i THINK THAT pIKACHU IS THE BEST pOKEMON. hE’S GOT THAT LIGHTNING BOLT TAIL, AND TALKS SO COOL SO WHAT’S UP WIT DAT?

:slight_smile:

[quote]lothario1132 wrote:
i THINK THAT pIKACHU IS THE BEST pOKEMON. hE’S GOT THAT LIGHTNING BOLT TAIL, AND TALKS SO COOL SO WHAT’S UP WIT DAT?

^_[1]

wtf…

1. /quote ↩︎

[quote]Haramdar wrote:

wtf…[/quote]

LOL Exactly, bro. WTF were you trying to say in your original post? My best guess is that you mistyped something, and it ended up being funny. Am I close?

This is funny. Almost like a Monty Python meets cyber space type of thing.

You can hit 0 to get another possible word.

I’d love to share some advice, but I have no clue what you said in your original post. Too many run on sentences, I think.

What do you want the rapers for?

Ha! The lack of replies is funny.

There’s a button (usually 0 or one of the menu buttons) to move onto the next choice. Learn to use it. Really smart phones will move up the words you use more to the top of the list.

“good” and “home” are frequently confused, as are “of” and “me”. My personal favourite though is the pint/shot/riot combination, which makes asking people if they’re going out a daunting task.

Incidentally, most annoying are dual/duck/fuck and ducking/fucking. It really ducking takes the impact away when someone says “Dual! That sucks!”

[quote]DeterminedNate wrote:
I’d love to share some advice, but I have no clue what you said in your original post. Too many run on sentences, I think.[/quote]

He was sending a text message via mobile (cell phone). Something that doesn’t yet seem to be as ubiquitous in the USA as in the rest of the world. Y’all have a tendency to just call instead.

[quote]flynniec6 wrote:
He was sending a text message via mobile (cell phone). Something that doesn’t yet seem to be as ubiquitous in the USA as in the rest of the world. Y’all have a tendency to just call instead.[/quote]

OOOOoooohhh. I get it now. Thanks flynn.

Yeah, well we even get that on this forum.

You can type a full page of text, have one or two typos and people seem to get lost somewhere between the sentences.

AlexH

[quote]flynniec6 wrote:

“good” and “home” are frequently confused, as are “of” and “me”. "[/quote]

That’s funny you mention that. The other day my friend meant to text me, “I’m gonna come home soon.” But it came out “I’m gonna come good soon.” Little more info than I needed.

It woulda been funny if it happened to you.

[quote]th_underdog wrote:
flynniec6 wrote:

“good” and “home” are frequently confused, as are “of” and “me”. "

That’s funny you mention that. The other day my friend meant to text me, “I’m gonna come home soon.” But it came out “I’m gonna come good soon.” Little more info than I needed.

It woulda been funny if it happened to you.[/quote]

Bwahahahahaha! ROFL!