That Butt!

Squats and milk.
Squats and milk.
Squats amd milk.

Shall I continue? The most important exercises for women in my opinion are the squat, deadlift, (I usually stay with Romanian DL for my female clients) Weighted step ups and bench presses (I usually stick with dbs)

Building muscle accelerates fat loss. The gluteus is the biggest muscle in the body, therefore has the biggest potential for aid in reaching her goals.

Squats are a requirement for building a body, period. This is regardless of age or gender, as long as they are physically capable of performing the movement without risk of injury.

Romanian DLs work the gluteus, hamstring and depending on foot placement and movement the abductor or adductor.

Weighted step up works the entire leg and glute one side at a time, the benetfit of this is self explanitory.

DB press with a heavier load, hits the chest, shoulder and tricep. These are all typical complaint areas for women.

Trust me, put these exercises, performed correctly into her routine, if you want her to get any progress from it.

[quote]jmwintenn wrote:
uh there as an article recently taht said hyperextensions were bad,hurt the back[/quote]

Even when my back is injured I can do hyperextensions with no pain. Hyperextensions are about the safest back exercise that I know. If you’re scared to do hyperextensions, you might as well give up on training the lowerbody all together.

i think hyper extensions are only bad if you actually hyper extend the lumbar spine under too much load. If you maintain a natural curve and use your glutes to initiate the action, and have no spinal injuries, they should be ok. A deadlift or RDL is much more beneficial though. Any exercise is potentially dangerous when done incorrectly…

I think you should wait until you have a lot more knowledge before you start training people.

The best thing you can do for her is point her towards a good personal trainer. Less stress for you and better results for her. Win=win.