OK, so this is definitely a newbie question, but, how do you know that you are working the muscles enough in an exercise?
I’m not buying into the old “no gain without pain” school, but should there be some sort of burn after a workout?
Should there be a slight stiffness the next day in the muscle group worked, to show it was worked enough?
this comes along with personal experience.
here’s some things i notice after a good workout
- water tastes like heaven
- food tastes great
- my libido skyrockets… this probably only happens to me
- my mind clears
- any aches i had are subsided
- sleep comes easily
- i feel very relaxed
- i get drunk a lot quicker if i drink the day of working out
- i feel like i got hit by a truck; usually happens when i try a new routine, or push myself over the edge
- my body is more plump
- i feel bigger than i really am
- i wake up starving
- my peckers so hard it hurts
but again, this is just me
waw, i would practically say the same except for the beer and sometimes i find it hard to sleep after working out because my body and mind gets so damn excited by working out, i just find myself thinking myself to sleep, strange but true.[/quote]
Yeah agreed on all of the above other than sleep and booze…I don’t drink ever, so I couldn’t answer that one, and I can never sleep after a good workout…I’m wired for hours and hours, but sex drive, thirst, hunger and that ‘puffy’ feeling the next day are all good signs for me.