'That Black Man will never Change US Policy'

Well, it looks like our election of Obama hasn’t won over the Iranians (bummer), though most of the Arabs and Indonesians are jumping for joy:

[quote]Egyptian daily newspaper Al-Qaradhawi warned that it didn’t matter who the presidential candidate was, because “the Democrats are like a snake that kills you slowly without you noticing.”

The article said that Arabs should not think that just because the Republican Party is typically portrayed as anti-Muslim that the Democrats are any better.

Iranian daily newspaper Jomhouri-ye Elsami went after Obama himself with a headline reading “That Black Man Will Never Change US Policy.”

According to the article, “the most that that black man can do in the White House is to replace some of the staff and change some ceremonial procedures. He will never managed to change the structure of the American regime, which was established by capitalists, Zionists and racists.”

The Beirut Daily Star wrote that while Obama may be sincere in changing US policy, he will face “an entire subculture that operates within the American political arena…widely known as the ‘Israel’ or ‘Jewish’ lobby” that he will be unable to overcome.[/quote]

Paranoia alert!

Oh well, let the bomb-building continue.

The Jomhouri-ye Elsami is probably the most conservative paper in Iran. In fact, it is a mouthpiece for the Ayatollah himself.
If America became Candyland and dropped bombs of Twizzlers and Jellybeans on Tehran, that paper would run a negative headline.

[quote]Demiajax wrote:
If America became Candyland and dropped bombs of Twizzlers and Jellybeans on Tehran[/quote]

Mmmmmmm. Twiiiizzzzzlerssssssssss

Call me crazy but I think we are about to find out just how racist the rest of the world is.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Call me crazy but I think we are about to find out just how racist the rest of the world is.[/quote]

I actually agree…in a round about way.

Call me crazy but I think we are about to find out just how racist the rest of the world is.[/quote]

Oh yeah. I’ve heard that the Arab term for a black man is generally “Abd” (lit. slave - as in Abd’allah or “slave of Allah”)
http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/moses-ebe-ochonu/arab-racism-against-black-afr.html

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Call me crazy but I think we are about to find out just how racist the rest of the world is.

I actually agree…in a round about way.[/quote]

oh…yeah, I should have mentioned compared to the US.

Living in Detroit I’ve gotten to know quite a few Arabs. Generally speaking they will say worse things about Blacks than skinheads.

I wrote a while back that just because Obama is eager to talk to the Iranians it doesn’t neccessarily follow that they are going to be eager to talk to him. It looks like the youth vote is going to learn a real harsh lesson.

Demand for oil has gone down and the price of oil with it. Because of this the Iranians have a lot to gain by ratcheting up the tension levels in the Gulf.

My bet is they are going to play this for all they can and they are not going to respond to diplomacy too readily. It will make sense that they are going to want to drag out diplomacy as much as they can in order to get the best deal. Wait till we are a few years into Obama’s presidency and he hasn’t talked to the Iranians and reelection time is approaching.

[quote]PRCalDude wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

Oh yeah. I’ve heard that the Arab term for a black man is generally “Abd” (lit. slave - as in Abd’allah or “slave of Allah”)
http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/moses-ebe-ochonu/arab-racism-against-black-afr.html[/quote]

thats not the case sir, abdallah or slave of god is a name just as abd alrahman slave of the merciful or abd alqawi slave of the strong.

god has 99 names and people here in the middle east consider naming their kids this way as a blessing from god.

my cousin is called abd elrahman and i have 3 friends called abdallah that doesn’t make them slaves. !!!

[quote]dyskee wrote:
god has 99 names[/quote]

Which are?

[quote]PRCalDude wrote:
Egyptian daily newspaper Al-Qaradhawi [/quote]

This is made up. Such paper does not exist.

Wow. This is going to be depressing.

Nonono, god has 9 billion names

[quote]dyskee wrote:
thats not the case sir, abdallah or slave of god is a name just as abd alrahman slave of the merciful or abd alqawi slave of the strong.

god has 99 names and people here in the middle east consider naming their kids this way as a blessing from god.

my cousin is called abd elrahman and i have 3 friends called abdallah that doesn’t make them slaves. !!![/quote]

My Wife agrees with your statement. She speaks Arabic. It is also a cognate of the hebrew, obed – someone who prays to God.

[quote]dyskee wrote:
god has 99 names and [/quote]

a bitch ain’t one