T Nation

Thanksgiving

I am proud to announce that I have done a first in T-nation history: I stuck to my diet on Thanksgiving (I ate under 2500 kcals for the day). Now you must be wondering, how is this possible? How can anyone resist?
It was a lot easier than I thought to answer my rhetorical question; I just planned in advance. Upon waking up I took 12.5 mg of ephedrine, drank a protein shake, and I baked myself 1.5lbs of vegetables. After they were done I laced them with a bit of olive oil and a good portion of salt. That meal always fills me up, and it only contains 300 calories.
Upon going to my family for Thanksgiving I indulged them and ate a medium size portion of stuffing, and about 10 olives rather than attacking all the goodies. Also, instead of wolfing everything down like I normally do I took my time, and once I finished something I waited at least fifteen minutes for the food to settle. For desert instead of just loading up a plate I once again ate a much slower pace and only ate a small slice of apple pie, and a medium piece of cranberry/apple thingy. For the rest of the day I only drank protein shakes (I brought a few with me for the Thanksgiving meal too). The end result: I didn’t feel like an overstuffed turkey by the end of the day, and I felt quite proud of myself. The only part that went wrong was that I woke up a bit too late to head to the gym. So even though my macronutrient ratio was different than normal I still kept the most important part of a diet as my main priority: calories. So what if your family thinks it’s a bit odd you keep a piece of paper next to you and rough-estimate the calories you are ingesting; they can kiss my abs if they don’t like it.