Thanksgiving 2020

It’s that time of year. To eat, to feast, to experience love and regret on every forkful - with gravy.

So what are your plans for Thanksgiving? Have a scheduled cheat day? Do legs in the AM? Stick with lower carbs? Try to gain 10 lbs in one day?

I’m going to do some fasted cardio in the morning from 7-8, and have a small breakfast (black coffee, shake, fruit) afterwards, then in the afternoon the gluttony begins. Here’s the menu

Braised Turkey Thighs
Smoked Turkey Breast
Mashed Potatoes with Gravy
Cornbread Stuffing
Cranberry Salsa
Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Pecans
Brussels with Bacon and Hazelnuts
Wild Rice with Butternut Squash and Kale
Butter Lettuce, Pear, and Apple Salad
Green Bean and Mushroom Casserole
Cranberry Tarts
Pecan Pie
Pumpkin Pie
Hard Apple Cider and Bourbon Cocktails
Sweet Tea

Strategy for the day after is a couple of long walks and naps, enjoy leftovers, then back to normal eating and workouts on Saturday.

2 Likes

I did a test run on braising a turkey breast then fully cooking it in a crock pot.

That’s done, sliced, and with the gravy poured back in.

It turned out pretty good with red potatoes and sautéed portobellos, so we’re going to do two of them for Thanksgiving + leftovers.

Just a pile on the plate!

4 Likes

Deadlifts for me, but a turkey and ham in the smoker. Then I’m going off the rails and making stuffing waffles as well as sweet potato waffles. Those are the base for the turkey and ham.

Also making cranberry sauce, roasted broccoli, and an Egyptian sweet pumpkin casserole for dessert.

Only having a couple of folks over, my dad and my son, but they’re bringing poppers, devilled eggs, and mac and cheese.

-folly

4 Likes

We ate all the carbs yesterday :joy:

4 Likes

Braised the brestsez

Deglazed the pan with broth, sautéed up the shrooms…

After a couple hours I’ll add the potatoes and carrots, then power cleans and front squats, and dinner!

1 Like

Can’t wait to see what @bagofbro comes up with this year.

1 Like

What does Thanksgiving look like on waffles?

2 Likes

I posted on my training log too

But I’ll play.

I cook allot.

If people like you can see all my culinary junk on Instagram blackirishkmc

image image
The whole table
Turkey
Peas and pancetta
Roast potatoes
Roast harissa sweets
Onion tart