T Nation

Thanks Uncle Kraig

So I posted a video of Ronnie Coleman lifting on my facebook, I have it as my status and after the link I said “The Greatest Ever.” Now my family knows I love bodybuilding and that I would one day love to go pro, which makes this comment my uncle left on my facebook hilarious yet so ridiculous that he assumes I know nothing about this sport.

“The problem is Brian is that our body type will not be that lean. I tried Brian. I had 19 inch biceps without enhancers. I saw that video and you will not be that big without drugs. Our cousin Rich died from that. I would not do it. Please don’t. By doing the enhancers you will become aggressive. I want to be your friend. I know. I have seen it. If you want to be a body model that would be different. You could join the actors guild and be the next “Arnold”. Trust me you can look awesome and be make money at that. Try not to look like a freak. I can help. The problem is now every joint in my back and body hurts at 40. Remember this. I used to help guys warm up with 405 on bench.
Take care,”

Talk about a buzz kill huh? lol, It’s like he thinks I have no idea wtf I’m doing.

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
So I posted a video of Ronnie Coleman lifting on my facebook, I have it as my status and after the link I said “The Greatest Ever.” Now my family knows I love bodybuilding and that I would one day love to go pro, which makes this comment my uncle left on my facebook hilarious yet so ridiculous that he assumes I know nothing about this sport.

“The problem is Brian is that our body type will not be that lean. I tried Brian. I had 19 inch biceps without enhancers. I saw that video and you will not be that big without drugs. Our cousin Rich died from that. I would not do it. Please don’t. By doing the enhancers you will become aggressive. I want to be your friend. I know. I have seen it. If you want to be a body model that would be different. You could join the actors guild and be the next “Arnold”. Trust me you can look awesome and be make money at that. Try not to look like a freak. I can help. The problem is now every joint in my back and body hurts at 40. Remember this. I used to help guys warm up with 405 on bench.
Take care,”

Talk about a buzz kill huh? lol, It’s like he thinks I have no idea wtf I’m doing.
[/quote]

=( talk about familial support. I’m sure if you have a talk wit them though…

Yah, I made my parents watch Bigger, Faster, Stronger and since my dad also runs an anti aging clinic that specializes in HRT they have pretty open minds about steroids and/or bodybuilding.

My parents asked me about it and I just straight up told them that when I choose to compete I will be doing/have done, steroids. That I will not go in to the details about it, but now you know. They took it pretty well.

Also, the thing is my uncle was fat, so his claim of 19 inch arms needs to be taken with several grains of salt. And no one warms up with 405 on bench lol. IDK it’s just annoying dealing with people with mindsets like this, especially when they are my family.

[quote]That One Guy wrote:
=( talk about familial support. I’m sure if you have a talk wit them though…[/quote]

Do not do this.

I was talking to my mom on the phone the other day about A-rod, and said one thing about juice and we ended up having a 10 minute conversation about steroids. I didn’t win, of course. lol

Edit: Nevermind. lol. That’s cool that your parents are cool with it.

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
Yah, I made my parents watch Bigger, Faster, Stronger.[/quote]

MOM! DAD! WATCH THIS MOVIE NOW!

RAAAARRRRHHHH!

[/roid rage]

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
waylanderxx wrote:
Yah, I made my parents watch Bigger, Faster, Stronger.

MOM! DAD! WATCH THIS MOVIE NOW!

RAAAARRRRHHHH!

[/roid rage][/quote]

lol. I actually told my dad it was a 10 minute clip so he was like “Ok…” so he starts watching it then like 45 minutes later he’s all in to it, and the movie takes a few secs to buffer and he’s like " I thought this was only 10 minutes! What it’s 2 hours?! Get your mom up here…" So I went and got my mom and we had some family time.

They ended up enjoying it lol

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
Also, the thing is my uncle was fat, so his claim of 19 inch arms needs to be taken with several grains of salt. And no one warms up with 405 on bench lol. IDK it’s just annoying dealing with people with mindsets like this, especially when they are my family.[/quote]

It’s a back in the day thing. Funny how people reminisce with rose tinted glasses.

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
I saw that video and you will not be that big without drugs.
[/quote]

Really?

If you’ve ever heard the saying ‘the older I get, the better I was’, you reaolize that most people dont have the best recall of exactly what details of their past were. 19" without any ‘support’ is highly doubtful, unless you’re talking a serious fat ass who likes to train. I’m not trying to dump on your uncle, but I’ve yet to meet someone with ‘normal’ proportions (not those guys who are just huge from birth-lol), who achieved close to 20" naturally. I’m not saying it’s imossible, I’ve just never seen someone lean, with those measurements. warmingup with 405? That’s a load of crap… I’m sure your uncle has your best interests in mind, but everyone is so misinformed on steroids and performance enhancers, that it’s difficult to get any useful advice. I don’'t use myself, and I also don’t believe tht steroids are the terrible evil they are made out to be… BUT if one of my younger students asks me about them, I repeat the same BS lies that you hear in the media (which i don;t actually believe, but feel it’s probably the best answer at the moment).

S

I feel your pain Waylander, I don’t even talk to my family about my training anymore because they just don’t get it.

I’m starting to get more into strongman shit and my bro-in-law rips on me all the time for it. Which is really annoying considering he is 350+ lbs.

[quote]dre wrote:
I feel your pain Waylander, I don’t even talk to my family about my training anymore because they just don’t get it.

I’m starting to get more into strongman shit and my bro-in-law rips on me all the time for it. Which is really annoying considering he is 350+ lbs.[/quote]

Join the club. I come to websites like this BECAUSE there are few people around me I can even talk about this with on any serious level. Luckily I now train around a few serious people so that gives somewhat of an outlet.

That “warmed up with 400+lbs” comment was funny as hell.

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
And no one warms up with 405 on bench lol. [/quote] <-I’m now waiting for another Andy Haman vid: “Bench, first warm-up, 405*25”.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
dre wrote:
I feel your pain Waylander, I don’t even talk to my family about my training anymore because they just don’t get it.

I’m starting to get more into strongman shit and my bro-in-law rips on me all the time for it. Which is really annoying considering he is 350+ lbs.

Join the club. I come to websites like this BECAUSE there are few people around me I can even talk about this with on any serious level. Luckily I now train around a few serious people so that gives somewhat of an outlet.

That “warmed up with 400+lbs” comment was funny as hell.[/quote]

His uncle trained with Ryan Kennelly, duh…

[quote]Professor X wrote:
dre wrote:
I feel your pain Waylander, I don’t even talk to my family about my training anymore because they just don’t get it.

I’m starting to get more into strongman shit and my bro-in-law rips on me all the time for it. Which is really annoying considering he is 350+ lbs.

Join the club. I come to websites like this BECAUSE there are few people around me I can even talk about this with on any serious level. Luckily I now train around a few serious people so that gives somewhat of an outlet.

That “warmed up with 400+lbs” comment was funny as hell.[/quote]

I’m still trying to find some guys around here that I can train with, so far nothing. Luckily my wife understands why I do this.

[quote]dre wrote:
Professor X wrote:
dre wrote:
I feel your pain Waylander, I don’t even talk to my family about my training anymore because they just don’t get it.

I’m starting to get more into strongman shit and my bro-in-law rips on me all the time for it. Which is really annoying considering he is 350+ lbs.

Join the club. I come to websites like this BECAUSE there are few people around me I can even talk about this with on any serious level. Luckily I now train around a few serious people so that gives somewhat of an outlet.

That “warmed up with 400+lbs” comment was funny as hell.

I’m still trying to find some guys around here that I can train with, so far nothing. Luckily my wife understands why I do this. [/quote]

It makes all of the difference in the world. I can’t bring this up at work. They are too busy asking more for the 1,000th time what I’m drinking and why I don’t eat solid food (simply because they see me drinking a protein shake at 10am…which obviously means I don’t eat solid food).

I know that in the gym, at least I am around more people like me.

Hell, I don’t even feel that on THIS site. How many people here actually stand out?

dude waylander if you hopped on aas you’d be a beast of epic proportions

[quote]Professor X wrote:
dre wrote:
Professor X wrote:
dre wrote:
I feel your pain Waylander, I don’t even talk to my family about my training anymore because they just don’t get it.

I’m starting to get more into strongman shit and my bro-in-law rips on me all the time for it. Which is really annoying considering he is 350+ lbs.

Join the club. I come to websites like this BECAUSE there are few people around me I can even talk about this with on any serious level. Luckily I now train around a few serious people so that gives somewhat of an outlet.

That “warmed up with 400+lbs” comment was funny as hell.

I’m still trying to find some guys around here that I can train with, so far nothing. Luckily my wife understands why I do this.

It makes all of the difference in the world. I can’t bring this up at work. They are too busy asking more for the 1,000th time what I’m drinking and why I don’t eat solid food (simply because they see me drinking a protein shake at 10am…which obviously means I don’t eat solid food).

I know that in the gym, at least I am around more people like me.

Hell, I don’t even feel that on THIS site. How many people here actually stand out?[/quote]

Not to keep hijacking Waylander’s thread but there are more people on this site that stand out than there are in the gym that I train in. There is one guy that makes me feel small, that’s it. It sucks.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
It makes all of the difference in the world. I can’t bring this up at work. They are too busy asking more for the 1,000th time what I’m drinking and why I don’t eat solid food (simply because they see me drinking a protein shake at 10am…which obviously means I don’t eat solid food). [/quote] I always knew you lied about your vacuum-sealed steaks. Ha! [quote]
[/quote]

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
Professor X wrote:
It makes all of the difference in the world. I can’t bring this up at work. They are too busy asking more for the 1,000th time what I’m drinking and why I don’t eat solid food (simply because they see me drinking a protein shake at 10am…which obviously means I don’t eat solid food). I always knew you lied about your vacuum-sealed steaks. Ha!

[/quote]

LOL! That’s coming from people who saw me eating the damn steaks just the day before! It’s like people just say stupid shit to bodybuilders because they don’t know what else to say.

I eat 4 times at work. Three of those are protein shakes.