T Nation

Thanks T-Nation, Hang Cleans

Hang cleans! Thanks to this site and its awesome contributors, i’m hooked on these. they promote back growth so well and are hard work; i love them now, and i learned most about them here (CT talks about them, among others). Anyway, i’ve been a member for a long time, and I usually learn all about a lift before implementing it because i like to minimize injury etc. the knowledge here has helped me to add hang cleans to my to do list, and i’m thankful.

Your welcome.

T-Nation invented the Hang Clean

Yeah dude, I bought the Black Book of Training Secrets and it’s got a whole chapter about the hang clean and how to perform it properly. I started out with 95 pounds and I’m up to 185 now. My upper back is hyuge now.

[quote]BENXPX wrote:
Yeah dude, I bought the Black Book of Training Secrets and it’s got a whole chapter about the hang clean and how to perform it properly. I started out with 95 pounds and I’m up to 185 now. My upper back is hyuge now.[/quote]

195? holy shit man, that’s nice. i’m hopin to get there soon. rep about 125 now. i’m not saying T-Nation created the hang clean, but they sure as hell introduced me to it, and i appreciate it

You should try power cleans too

They are one of my favorite exercises, fun to do and a true Full body movement. Very taxing on the cardio too.

…or a hang clean to a push press. Gawd, you’ll wanna puke after a few sets of those.

DJ

Hang cleans are nice. I prefer doing block cleans personally

[quote]toocul4u wrote:
BENXPX wrote:
Yeah dude, I bought the Black Book of Training Secrets and it’s got a whole chapter about the hang clean and how to perform it properly. I started out with 95 pounds and I’m up to 185 now. My upper back is hyuge now.

195? holy shit man, that’s nice. i’m hopin to get there soon. rep about 125 now. i’m not saying T-Nation created the hang clean, but they sure as hell introduced me to it, and i appreciate it

[/quote]

Please dear God tell me this is all a joke.

[quote]djreef wrote:
…or a hang clean to a push press. Gawd, you’ll wanna puke after a few sets of those.

DJ[/quote]

Man, that is my A #1 favorite lift.

[quote]djreef wrote:

DJ[/quote]

yeah, i’ve tried these. i think i need to get my legs more active in the press though, my shoulders get completely exhausted

Check this out and get Christian’s book too. That’s what got me started doing them in the first place, now it’s like my favorite exercise.

http://danjohn.org/bp.pdf

I wasn’t aware the Hang Clean was such a mystery.

But I credit T-Nation for telling me about Snatch-Grip Deadlifts.