Thanks John!

I got the body comp blitz today, and I was stoked. I needed something new to start, and since I got fat over the winter, it is now time to lean down. I have finally got my knee rehabbed back to better than ever after my surgery awhile back, so no worries there.

Todays workout

A1 Pushpress 6x6 115
A2 Deadlift 6x4 135, 225, 275, 275
after last set did 2 minutes of mnt climbers, brings back the army days for me. lol

B1 BB Bent over row 5x5 135
B2 Front Squat 5x5 135
B3 Plank 5x45 secs.
At this point I was really dizzy and about to faint it felt like.

C1 Reverse Lunges 2x25 40 LB DBs
C2 Explosive pushups 2x failure
about to die at this point

Then I drove home to do some rope work, about 5 - 7 minutes of that hell.

Tomorrow is gonna be great!!!

Slipp

Some quick updated stats.

weight at beginning of program is 216 lbs.
height is 5’9"

1RM
Deadlift 355
Bench 245
Squat 315

Not the greatest numbers, but it’s cool.

When I get my measuring tape back, I’ll put up some measurements. Hopefully, that will be tomorrow.

HIIT today, nothing like a total body soreness to work through.

Edit-8 MPH on an 8% incline

Today sucked as usual.

Instead of lunges I started with squats, though.
Squats 5x5,4,3,2,1 repeated twice 225lbs (Legs were already shaking because I did not rest, but for three deep breaths in between sets)

Then, the plank push up circuit once

then, the bicep curl, DB squat, OH press circuit
6x6,5,4,3,2,1 performed twice 30lbers first then the 25 lbers

Finally, the Bulgarian Split Squat, Rear delt raise circuit (my rear delts are lacking)
4x4,3,2,1 performed three times with the 25 lbers

This is definitely a love/hate relationship!

Ah very nice. I am so interested in doing this. Been doing 5/3/1 for well over a year and need a good change. Plus I’m thick in the middle :confused:

How did you decide on the weights used? Trial and error?

[quote]TheDudeAbides wrote:
Ah very nice. I am so interested in doing this. Been doing 5/3/1 for well over a year and need a good change. Plus I’m thick in the middle :confused:

How did you decide on the weights used? Trial and error?[/quote]

Basically just using weight that I think would suffice on the circuit. Right now I am just trying to get through the circuits as prescribed so maybe a weight that would be a little light, and then work my way up.

Yeah I agree on the “thick in the middle part.” Over the winter bulk, I gained some “middle” so I thought that this workout would be perfect.

Todays workout is the bodyweight workout. My work schedule has really messed up this weeks workout schedule. At least I will get in 4 of the five workouts in.

Are you doing any special diet on this?

My diet is down to around 3000 cals a day with a about 250 grams of protein. This is down from around 3700 calories a day. I did get noticeably more vascular and a little pudge is gone in my first week, and I didnt even get to do the workout as prescribed.

But, basically, just the standard chicken, steak, or pork with broccoli, brown rice, or sweet potatoes, with either skim milk or perfect water, with a few protein shakes threw in between. That is my diet in a nutshell. I eat 4 solid meals with 3 protein shakes a day. I wont go to sleep til I have did this no matter what, and it seems to be working for me.

I did not get to workout yesterday bc work called me in and I had to pull a double, and then also had to work this morning. No worries though, today is a new day and I am leaving my house in am hour to hit the gym. My phone is off so work can go to hell. I think that is what I am gonna start doing when I get off work is turn my phone off.

BTW First day of week two and my weight is down to 211 lbs from 216 in the first week.

Workout number 4 today

in one word “SUCK” (in a good way (I think))

A1) Incline DB Chest Press -10 reps
A2) DB Row on Incline Bench â?? 10 reps
A3) DB Squat (both dumbbells) â?? 10 reps
A4) DB Reverse Lunges (both DBs) â?? 10 reps each leg
A5) Incline DB Chest Press â?? 10 reps
A6) Single Arm DB Row â?? 10 reps each arm
A7) DB Squat (single DB) â?? 10 reps
A8) Single Arm DB Row â?? 10 reps each arm

40 lb DB’s twice

B1) Seated Over Head Press â?? 6 reps
B2) Alternating Forward Lunges â?? 6 reps each leg
B3) Low Incline DB Chest Press â?? 6 reps
B4) DB Rows on Incline Bench â?? 6 reps
B5) DB Romanian Deadlifts â?? 10 reps
B6) DB Push Press â?? 6 reps

45 lb DB’s twice

C1) Wide Grip Pull-Ups 10
C2) Wide Spaced Push-Ups 15
C3) Narrow Grip Pull-Ups 10
C4) Narrow Spaced Push-Ups 15
C5) Wide Grip Pull-Ups 10
once

I threw up literally

Sorry about the above copy and paste. At the time I had to hit the latrine again so I was in hurry.

Today was a good day. It was supposed to be an off day, but I leave Saturday for the Nat. Guard, and do not want to mess up another week.

Today was workout number 5 which is a heavy training day!!

Circuit number 1

Smith Machine incline press 8x3 90, 180, 180, 180, 205, 205, 225, 205

Smith Machine pulldown 8x3 90, 180, 180, 180, 200, 200, 200, 210

then 500 jumping jacks. I got some weird looks, but it was cool

circuit number 2
hack squat 5x5 1 plate each side
then 2 minutes of jump squats (didnt count)
then hack squats 5x5 1 plate each side

circuit number three

smith decline press 2x25 180
row 2x failure (didnt count, concentrated on squeeze)

All in all, today was good. I feel good, alot of pudge is gone, and my wife is commenting on my body, so like I said, great day!!!

HIIT tomorrow, gonna try to do and 8.5 incline and 8.5 mph.

Damn, I just realized my terminology was off. Replace, if you will, smith machine with hammer strength machines.

[quote]slippery_banana wrote:

[/quote]

not sure if it matters, but I believe those are supposed to be straight sets. End result should be just as good.

A little jealous that your gym has a decline Hammer Strength

Workout number 4 today

in one word “SUCK” (in a good way (I think))

I threw up literally
[/quote]

This one is giving me anxiety … and I have another couple days still.

[/quote]

not sure if it matters, but I believe those are supposed to be straight sets. End result should be just as good.

A little jealous that your gym has a decline Hammer Strength[/quote]

I’ll look into it. I guess in that case, then, it would be more than 8 sets with warmup sets? Probably so. My gym actually has a ton of hammer strength machines. I dig it alot for sure.

[/quote]

I’ll look into it. I guess in that case, then, it would be more than 8 sets with warmup sets? Probably so. My gym actually has a ton of hammer strength machines. I dig it alot for sure.[/quote]
no, you’re right. i just checked and they are a superset pair.

and after that review i’m not exactly looking forward to workout 4 (even though i kind of am in a sick and twisted sort of way). hiit last night, and workout 2 tonight for me. we’ll see how that goes.

[quote]iamthewolf wrote:

[/quote]

I’ll look into it. I guess in that case, then, it would be more than 8 sets with warmup sets? Probably so. My gym actually has a ton of hammer strength machines. I dig it alot for sure.[/quote]
no, you’re right. i just checked and they are a superset pair.

and after that review i’m not exactly looking forward to workout 4 (even though i kind of am in a sick and twisted sort of way). hiit last night, and workout 2 tonight for me. we’ll see how that goes.[/quote]

The only days I ramp my weight is on heavy training days. The others I stick with the same weight throughout the circuits.

Oh yeah and I think that you do have to be a little crazy to do this program correctly.