Thanks Golds Gym, for Free Pizza

I like Pizza Hut for the pan pizza and stuffed crust…

New Domino’s pwns though. And I love how they bash themselves; it’s like they’re trying to beat the competition to dissing themselves.

There’s another reason to like Dominos over Pizza Hut; we didn’t get free pizza from Pizza Hut :frowning:

While i will agree that Pizza isnt that terribly bad for you, i will comment that the OP is not totally out of line.

For us, guys who lift heavy and hard, every day, most of us with no intent on cutting for an upcoming contest, several slices of pizza, or a whole one, is not bad and can actually help get calories.

HOWEVER, for a majority of gym goers, with absolutely no sense of diet, eating 1/3 the daily calories necessary for maintain, stuck in a constant starvation mode, and puttering around the gym with no actual sense of flow, yea pizza isnt good. It turns into one of those justification deals. “Oh, i only had an apple for breakfast, a raw salad for lunch, and ive done an hour of cardio. Ive earned this slice of pizza.” That right there is an equation for crap.

[quote]Nikki9591 wrote:

New Domino’s pwns though. And I love how they bash themselves; it’s like they’re trying to beat the competition to dissing themselves.

There’s another reason to like Dominos over Pizza Hut; we didn’t get free pizza from Pizza Hut :([/quote]

I hope people realize that nothing made in any of those places is anything close to pizza. That shit is closer to a bagel bite or totinos pizza roll than actual pizza. Its slightly closer to real pizza than it is to pizza flavored combos.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]Nikki9591 wrote:

There’s another reason to like Dominos over Pizza Hut; we didn’t get free pizza from Pizza Hut :([/quote]

I hope people realize that nothing made in any of those places is anything close to pizza. That shit is closer to a bagel bite or totinos pizza roll than actual pizza. Its slightly closer to real pizza than it is to pizza flavored combos. [/quote]

Come on dude, don’t make me miss home :frowning:
I will kill for New York pizza… and not that “New York style pizza” shit in the south, cuz that’s not even close. I like to eat in the little hole-in-the-wall pizzerias in NY; that’s pizza.

Yeah agreed with Bonez, anyone that is claiming Dominos or Pizza Hut to be the best pizza eva, is far mistaken, haha, come to NYC, and there are plenty of good places out here on the Island as well. Pizza and bagels are only real in New York.

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:
bagels are only real in New York.[/quote]

even the one’s with Fish on them…

Really kinda tastes good.

I like fake pizza

Yeah agreed with Bonez, anyone that is claiming Dominos or Pizza Hut to be the best pizza eva, is far mistaken, haha, come to NYC, and there are plenty of good places out here on the Island as well. Pizza and bagels are only real in New York.[/quote]

So Austin…do you work out? Are you 20? Can I buy you a drink? :slight_smile:

NYC pizza is of course the best, but we’re talking nationwide chains.

Speaking of which, I’m going to have a 2 hour layover at JFK airport in New York in a few weeks. There won’t be enough time to see any of the city. Is there a passable pizza joint in the airport?? Usually airport restaurants suck but I’ve been surprised a few times (ie: Montreal airport has an awesome smoked meat sandwich place)

[quote]attydeb2005 wrote:

Yeah agreed with Bonez, anyone that is claiming Dominos or Pizza Hut to be the best pizza eva, is far mistaken, haha, come to NYC, and there are plenty of good places out here on the Island as well. Pizza and bagels are only real in New York.[/quote]

So Austin…do you work out? Are you 20? Can I buy you a drink? :-)[/quote]

I do the occassional set of bicep curls and hit some MMA classes on the weekends, I’ll take a shot of biccardi gold because it’s disgusting and I’ll be happy to return the favor and buy you a drink as well.

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:

Speaking of which, I’m going to have a 2 hour layover at JFK airport in New York in a few weeks. There won’t be enough time to see any of the city. Is there a passable pizza joint in the airport?? Usually airport restaurants suck but I’ve been surprised a few times (ie: Montreal airport has an awesome smoked meat sandwich place)[/quote]

I’ve worked in NYC for years and have flown out of JFK a bunch of times. Unfortunately, the answer is no. There are a couple places that sell pizza, but it’s generic crap.

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:

I’ve worked in NYC for years and have flown out of JFK a bunch of times. Unfortunately, the answer is no. There are a couple places that sell pizza, but it’s generic crap.[/quote]

Too bad. Thanks for responding though…

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:

Speaking of which, I’m going to have a 2 hour layover at JFK airport in New York in a few weeks. There won’t be enough time to see any of the city. Is there a passable pizza joint in the airport?? Usually airport restaurants suck but I’ve been surprised a few times (ie: Montreal airport has an awesome smoked meat sandwich place)[/quote]

JFK may as well be a foreign country.

There are people with bad taste here. Dominoes recently seriously upgraded their shit. I used to HATE Dominoes. I don’t anymore.

I’ve never been to New York, but I’m going to represent and triumphantly proclaim Chicago Pizza to be the best.

I think you have us beat on bagels though.

Man I friggin LOVE pizza. I would kill for a post workout pizza… DAMN. Of course whenever I eat pizza I seriously binge and want to do nothing but sleep afterwards lol.

to the OP

ummm… HELLO… CHICAGO PIZZA… idiots…

Pizza Hut and Dominos are no good anywhere.

Good yeast makes good dough which makes good pizza, and that is why there is something wrong with pizza from anywhere but the north east.

I would make an exception to this if northern California could figure out how to make a sour dough pizza crust, but since they can’t or won’t or I just haven’t had one, they suck too.