T Nation

thanks for 400 advice and another question

Thanks for those tips Christian.
I was going to do the traditional, endurance first then build up to speed. The 16 week block is perfect for the amount of time i have left. I was just wondering what lifts I should key in on and what days should i run and lift. Should I do them on the same day? Run everyday? Lift 3-4 times a week? What supps should I take to maximize my performance? Your advice will be greatly appreciated!

-Chris

I was just wondering what lifts I should key in on and what days should i run and lift. Should I do them on the same day? Run everyday? Lift 3-4 times a week? What supps should I take to maximize my performance?

I’d run 3 times per week. Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Monday and Friday being specific workouts (the type of running prescribed for that phase) while Wednesday is a low intensity tempo session to work on running technique.

Supplementation should be specific to the goal of each phase:

For the flying 60-80m phase

• Creatine monohydrate + r-ala + BCAA or whey protein. In one drink, use 3 times per day: 1. 45 min. before training 2. immediately after training 3. before going to bed

• Power drive

For the 80-120m phase

• Same drink with an increase in vitamins A C and E

• Power Drive

For the 120-300m phase

• Creatine + phosphates + baking soda, vitamin A C and E

• Power Drive

For the 350-450m phase

• baking soda + phosphates + vitamins A C and E. Increase carbohydrates intake

• Power Drive

Heavy lifting can be done either on “OFF” days (Tuesday, Thursday, Satruday, Sunday … not necessarily on all of them). Ideally you lower body workouts should not be on Sunday or Thursday. Strength training can also be done on wednesday (tempo).

Focus on using only “money” exercise in the gym. If you want to progress in both sports you cannot afford to waste CNS energy by using isolation exercises.

Please dont take this as an insult, just curious again. Is this set up from experience and what youve seen to work best? Over at the CF forum and in CF lit. it was perscribed to do the specific work and weights mon wed fri and temp on tues and thurs for recovery. Personally I like you split as it similar to the one I use except weights are mon and fri, wed used for hill work(power then a few sprints on flats to work on form), tues-lower body energy system work and plyo, thurs upper body energy system work and plyo, and sat some light plyo.