T Nation

Thanks Dan John - I'm Off to Tulsa

I’m off to Tulsa to compete in the Tulsa Scottish Games. I sent an email to Dan John a bit back and he helped me a lot through a phone call and email correspondences with ideas and drills and advice for getting my throws further and higher and they worked like a charm.

Thanks to him I have set A LOT of PRs…15’ or so feet added to my hammer and 3’ to my HWD being two of them.

Anyway…thanks Dan. I’m off to Tulsa tomorrow to compete on Sunday.

Wow. I just gotta say that I admire your courage. I’m sure it’s been a very difficult road for you! I mean, trying to stay celibate in the world we live in…it’s just awe inspiring, to say the least. Keep it up, man. Keep up the good work.

[quote]HugeMutha wrote:
Wow. I just gotta say that I admire your courage. I’m sure it’s been a very difficult road for you! I mean, trying to stay celibate in the world we live in…it’s just awe inspiring, to say the least. Keep it up, man. Keep up the good work.[/quote]

Are you ever gonna say something funny? Even by accident?

[quote]harris447 wrote:
HugeMutha wrote:
Wow. I just gotta say that I admire your courage. I’m sure it’s been a very difficult road for you! I mean, trying to stay celibate in the world we live in…it’s just awe inspiring, to say the least. Keep it up, man. Keep up the good work.

Are you ever gonna say something funny? Even by accident?
[/quote]

You are a smart man. Boo-yah. Good looking too, I’m sure.

LOL…my handle is celibrate not celibate

[quote]HugeMutha wrote:
Wow. I just gotta say that I admire your courage. I’m sure it’s been a very difficult road for you! I mean, trying to stay celibate in the world we live in…it’s just awe inspiring, to say the least. Keep it up, man. Keep up the good work.[/quote]

[quote]celibrate2047 wrote:
I’m off to Tulsa to compete in the Tulsa Scottish Games. I sent an email to Dan John a bit back and he helped me a lot through a phone call and email correspondences with ideas and drills and advice for getting my throws further and higher and they worked like a charm.

Thanks to him I have set A LOT of PRs…15’ or so feet added to my hammer and 3’ to my HWD being two of them.

Anyway…thanks Dan. I’m off to Tulsa tomorrow to compete on Sunday.[/quote]

OMG… that is Sunday? I’ll be there. Look for a guy in a yellow wheelchair with a “bulk belly” ;). Ohhhh… My Testosterone shirt is clean too!

Check your PM.

[quote]4est wrote:
celibrate2047 wrote:
I’m off to Tulsa to compete in the Tulsa Scottish Games. I sent an email to Dan John a bit back and he helped me a lot through a phone call and email correspondences with ideas and drills and advice for getting my throws further and higher and they worked like a charm.

Thanks to him I have set A LOT of PRs…15’ or so feet added to my hammer and 3’ to my HWD being two of them.

Anyway…thanks Dan. I’m off to Tulsa tomorrow to compete on Sunday.

OMG… that is Sunday? I’ll be there. Look for a guy in a yellow wheelchair with a “bulk belly” ;). Ohhhh… My Testosterone shirt is clean too!

Check your PM.[/quote]

Alright…noted. PM checked and sent back atcha. I’d say look for the guy in the kilt but that’d go without saying…I’ll look for you. I’ll be throwing with the C class starting at about 9ish/9:30ish on 'til prob. 3ish.

Good weekend. I’m sorry some of you missed it. Threw on Sunday…it was cold, raining, windy but the show went on anyway. I didn’t do as well as I wanted but I beat almost all my old distances in my last Games…had a bit of trouble with the LWD. But with the rain, cold, and wind…it was awesome.

I did get to meet fellow member Quan2m as he threw in the same class with me. Very cool, strong guy that did great and took first place in the WOB (weight over bar). I’m not sure what other placements he took.

That is great to hear…I try not to do many HGs in the cold anymore, so hats off to you. I hate getting my kilt muddy.

[quote]celibrate2047 wrote:
…had a bit of trouble with the LWD.[/quote]
Bah, you’re just getting too strong, and you’re too used to using the heavy weights. :wink:

Great to hear man. Congrats on the distance PR’s. I checked Nasgaweb, but the results aren’t updated yet. Anywho, great job, but I’m not surprised.

I really wanted to see it but… my fiance sprained her ankle the night before. She is somehow more stubborn than me and would have hobbled her way to the games. Plus, sitting in a wheelchair (me, not her) in the rain equates to a lap full of water :frowning: Also, there was no way in hell I would expose the new digicam to the rain.

Anywho, glad all went well for you. Let us know when next OK event is scheduled.

Doggoneit!

I didn’t realize this was the past weekend.

Congrats man.

I’m only about 50 miles from Tulsa so if I had been prepared I could have made it.

[quote]Mule359 wrote:
Doggoneit![/quote]

^ If you say Doggoneit… you might be an Okie. :wink:

Where you from 4est?

I’m in Fort Gibson, OK.

About 50 miles East of Tulsa.

I’ve had intentions of going to the Scottish Festival in Tulsa for over 5 years and I’ve never made it.

I feel like such a failure.

[quote]Mule359 wrote:
Where you from 4est?

I’m in Fort Gibson, OK.

About 50 miles East of Tulsa.

I’ve had intentions of going to the Scottish Festival in Tulsa for over 5 years and I’ve never made it.

I feel like such a failure.[/quote]

Heh…

I attended K-12 at Poteu and College at NSU. Then I moved to Huntsville, AL. Three years ago I moved from Huntsville back to… **drumroll ** …Ft. Gibson. I lived with a friend for 6 months to save money and move to Tahlequah. Six months later, I moved to Tulsa and have now been here a litte over 2 years.

4est and any others that would like to come…

On Sept 30th, we’re having a ‘throwdown.’ It’s actually more of a Scottish picnic with dancing, games, music, and athletics.

Anyway, the Games start at 10ish and goes 'til about 3. There will be free food at around noon.

It’s at Early Wine park on 104th and S. Western. Shoot me some PMs for more info if interested.

Would love to have Dan John and Chris…you guys up for a drive? :wink: