Thanks CT! These Methods Work!

[quote]ashylarryku wrote:
I don’t understand why some people still think this site is all marketing nonsense and crazy gimmicks.

Great work Tim! Very impressive[/quote]

Because a lot of people are cynics and/or have a big ego and refuse to accept that they might not have all the answers and that there really might be a “better way”

7:00 am - 1/3 cup oats, 1 whole egg, 2 scoops whey

9:00 am - 2 tspn BCAA, 1/2 scoop whey

11:00 am - 2 whole eggs, 1/2 cup oats

12:00 noon - PARAWORKOUT - 2 scoops whey, 2 tspn BCAA, 1 tspn creatine, cinnamon, chromium picolinate, salt. 30g maltodextrin, 30g dextrose

2:00 pm - 2 tspn BCAA, 1/2 scoop whey

5:00 pm - Healthy Dinner - I am lucky that my wife cooks healthy dinners, I just eat what she puts in front of me, I don’t get anal about it since the rest of the day I am disciplined and consume the same thing everyday.

Typical meals I might consume are:

8 oz chicken, 1/3 cup brown rice (amount dry - not sure what it comes out to cookes) and veggies.

6 oz beef, 1 or 1.5 medium sized red potatoes and veggies.

Veggies I eat are green beans, green peppers, red peppers, celery, brocolli, corn, carrots, zuccini, cucumber, etc.

4:00 pm or 7:00 pm depending on schedule - Second PARAWORKOUT - 1.5 scoops whey, 1 tspn BCAA, cinnamon, salt, 20g dextrose, 10g maltodextrin

9:30 or 10:00 pm ish - 2 scoops whey, 2/3 serving almonds or peanuts, 1 whole egg

Supplements/Vitamins: Vitamin C, E, B complex, Zinc, Magnesium, Fish Oil, Multivitamin

I tried a 2 month supply of Resveratrol during this cut, seemed to work nicely, but couldn’t pinpoint it due to other variables.

Basically the only thing that changed during the diet was the oats. When I began my cut, I was consuming much more oats in the morning and lunch, and I also had them during my mid-meal snacks at 9:00 am and 2:00 pm, as I cut calories/carbs, those oats were taken out and gradually decreased.

Hope that helps!

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:

[quote]ashylarryku wrote:
I don’t understand why some people still think this site is all marketing nonsense and crazy gimmicks.

Great work Tim! Very impressive[/quote]

Because a lot of people are cynics and/or have a big ego and refuse to accept that they might not have all the answers and that there really might be a “better way”[/quote]

There is a “better way”, and that “better way” beith T-Nation :slight_smile:

Outstanding progress and physique Tim! Keep up the good work. Thanks for posting

@ hlss09

I forgot to mention, I drink 1 gallon of water a day (at least) and 4 cups of green tea.

And the reason why there is so much whey in my diet is simply price, I can get whey at a cheaper price per gram of protein than chicken or beef. I don’t think it is magical or anything. Same thing when I bulk, I eat TONS of oats, I don’t think there is anything better about oats over say, rice or potatoes, but it is crazy cheap, easy to prepare (i.e. I don’t have to remember to cook it the night before or anything, I can just keep a tub of it at work!). My whole diet is built around simplicity and frugality!

@ Serd

Thanks and no problem!

Regarding keeping up the good work, I plan on it, I hope my bulk goes as well as my cut!

Well, first things first, got to get through this mock contest week. First day of depletion workouts is in the bag!

I really like the diet you have laid out it is very simple. I also like the workouts you do, they are very similar to the workouts I have started doing (inspired by CT) so it’s nice to see I’m on the right track.

Dude, great work!

Having taken 6 months for your transformation rather than some sort of crash diet, do you feel you could maintain that level of leanness long term? I see that you’re going to bulk to bring up weak points but if you wanted to, could you keep those abs?

I’m 4 months into my own transformation and I’ve made great progress. Sadly, I look more like your “fatty” pictures right now but I’ll get there.

@ Charlotte

Great to hear, good luck with your goals.

@ WhistlingGypsy

Two separate questions, yes I could maintain this leanness, I am very disciplined with my diet.

Could I keep my abs while bulking? I don’t know, I won’t make that a priority, I want to gain muscle. I do want to maintain some level of leanness but if my abs get a little softer in the quest for more muscle, so be it.

[quote]timmcbride00 wrote:
@ Charlotte

Great to hear, good luck with your goals.

@ WhistlingGypsy

Two separate questions, yes I could maintain this leanness, I am very disciplined with my diet.

Could I keep my abs while bulking? I don’t know, I won’t make that a priority, I want to gain muscle. I do want to maintain some level of leanness but if my abs get a little softer in the quest for more muscle, so be it.[/quote]

Hey thanks for the reply. I must not have worded it well because I was only curious about the first question but thanks for the bonus answer. Keep us posted with your bulking progress.

I’m guessing you will be using some of CT’s methods for that as well.

Your conditioning is simply outstanding. Why didn’t you use Anaconda Protocol ? CT is a huge fan of that.

Could you also post a sample from your cutting diet? Thanks bro, keep up the good work

@ Whistling Gypsy

Yes, I plan on implementing CT’s ideas. For example, was planning on 6 week bulk 2 week cut cycle, but after reading about the MAG-10 fast (obviously credit goes to Chris Shugart as well), and asking CT, I will implement the intermittent fasting to accomplish the same thing that mini cut cycles would.

@ Never_got_ripped

I’m cheap! Seriously, I support a wife and two kids while in the social service field. I do what I can with what I got.

But I did my best to mimic the protocol with what I have. I threw in extra BCAA’s to my shake to give it a more fast acting kick of amino acids. I drank it pre and during as opposed to formally drinking it after.

@ hlss09

I posted detailed diet information on the first page of this thread.

good work man.

That’s awesome, specially the “training twice a day” tip instead of doing cardio. I will implement that for sure.

You should definitely start a training log for your gaining phase with the MAG-10 pulses. I’m doing the same right now (had my first fast last Sunday). It would be really interesting to follow along

[quote]timmcbride00 wrote:
@ Whistling Gypsy

Yes, I plan on implementing CT’s ideas. For example, was planning on 6 week bulk 2 week cut cycle, but after reading about the MAG-10 fast (obviously credit goes to Chris Shugart as well), and asking CT, I will implement the intermittent fasting to accomplish the same thing that mini cut cycles would.

@ Never_got_ripped

I’m cheap! Seriously, I support a wife and two kids while in the social service field. I do what I can with what I got.

But I did my best to mimic the protocol with what I have. I threw in extra BCAA’s to my shake to gift it a more fast acting kick of amino acids. I drank it pre and during as opposed to formally drinking it after.

@ hlss09

I posted detailed diet information on the first page of this thread.

[/quote]
That was a great reply. In fact I also have same problems with my budget. Now I can follow your methods. Can you please tell me the duration of your workouts.

Very impressive

@ Kerley

Thanks!

@ MEYMZ

Well, I can not take credit, I wanted to the double sessions like I was seeing in the training lab, and it became a matter of training economy. I didn’t have the time to do the jump ropes and sprints and I found I didn’t need to. Further, the extra eccentric less session just made more sense, not only does it burn calories like cardio, but it also can stimulate growth and recovery.

@ Ashlarryku

We shall see.

@ never got ripped

Single session day - usually about 60-75 minutes.

Double session day - first session 40 minutes over my lunch break, another 30-40 minutes in the evening with my tire sled and isolation work

@ beerjoa

Thanks!

thanks

My wife is helping a local gym owner to get his website up and they both wanted to use me as a model. Pretty cool! The actual shots that will make it on the web will show more of the gym and be photoshopped, I cropped these to just mostly show me.