Thank you T-Mag

Since today is Thanksgiving in the Great White North, I’ve decided to post this thank you to T-Mag and Biotest.

Thank you T-Mag for everything you’ve done for me. The info I’ve found on your website has brought me a lot closer to achieving my physique goals than I ever thought possible. I haven’t been around here for that long but I’ve learned more from T-Mag in the short time I’ve been here than in all my years training previous to finding the site.

The Berardi food plan has been a small miracle for me. I wasn’t overweight by any standard when I found T-Mag but I wasn’t as lean as I wished either. I was at a crossroads in my dietary habits but not sure what I needed to do to progress. Thanks to JMB’s dietary wisdom I’ve lost close to seven pounds of fat (shooting for three more) this year and I now possess a small four pack. That may not seem like a big deal but I’m very happy with that. With my predisposition for storing fat around the middle, I never thought I’d be able to see my abs at all. Not only that, Berardi eatin’ has tamed what I thought was an incorrigible sweet tooth and helped manage my carb cravings.

I’ve also changed the way I train radically. I’m doing more compound movements now and barely do isolation movements anymore. I’ve gained strength and LBM after stagnating for quite a few years. Thank you for all the wonderful training information you provide for FREE. There is no way I could afford the services of any of the coaches who contribute to T-Mag.

Thank you, Tim, for making an MRP that actually tastes good. GROW!=yum!

Thank you, Chris, for taking time out of your busy schedule to answer our questions and concerns on the forum. Between managing the forum, and writing and editing articles I’m sure you already have your hands full. Thank you, TC, for your wit and wicked sense of humor. Reading AD has helped me understand the male POV and men’s issues better. Thank you both for your ceaseless efforts in bringing us THE BEST bodybuilding/strength training webzine out there.

I’ve also made a few extremely cool friends since I’ve been here. I never would have connected with either of them if it weren’t for T-Mag. Thank you, P, for the inspiration and the mantra. Thank you, C, for your sibilant silliness so soothing to my soul. I send you a big platonic SMOOOCCCHHH!

Long live Testosterone. Long live T-Mag. I for one plan to stick around for a long time to come.

THANK YOU!!

It’s Thanksgiving in Canada? I never knew Canadians had it in a different month from Americans. Does it mark some historical event, like the Thanksgiving feast the Pilgrims in Massachusetts had with the Indians, except with Eskimoes and French fur traders?

I’m getting a multicultural education, just by being on the Forum!

BS: Sorry, I couldn’t resist that one. :slight_smile:

Here is a short history of Thanksgiving in Canada.

1. Long ago, before the first Europeans arrived in North America, the farmers in Europe held celebrations at harvest time. To give thanks for their good fortune and the abundance of food, the farm workers filled a curved goat’s horn with fruit and grain. This symbol was called a cornucopia or horn of plenty. When they came to Canada they brought this tradition with them.

2. In the year 1578, the English navigator Martin Frobisher held a formal ceremony, in what is now called Newfoundland, to give thanks for surviving the long journey. He was later knighted and had an inlet of the Atlantic Ocean in northern Canada named after him–Frobisher Bay. Other settlers arrived and continued these ceremonies.

3. The third came in the year 1621, in what is now the United States, when the Pilgrims celebrated their harvest in the New World. The Pilgrims were English colonists who had founded a permanent European settlement at Plymouth Massachusetts. By the 1750’s, this joyous celebration was brought to Nova Scotia by American settlers from the south.

At the same time, French settlers, having crossed the ocean and arrived in Canada with explorer Samuel de Champlain, also held huge feasts of thanks. They even formed ‘The Order of Good Cheer’ and gladly shared their food with their Indian neighbours.

After the Seven Year’s War ended in 1763, the citizens of Halifax held a special day of Thanksgiving.

The Americans who remained faithful to the government in England were known as Loyalists. At the time of the American revolution, they moved to canada and spread the Thanksgiving celebration to other parts of the country. Many of the new English settlers from Great Britain were also used to having a harvest celebration in their churches every autumn.

Eventually in 1879, Parliament declared November 6th a day of Thanksgiving and a national holiday. Over the years many dates were used for Thanksgiving, the most popular was the 3rd Monday in October. After World War I, both Armistice Day and Thanksgiving were celebrated on the Monday of the week in which November 11th occurred. Ten years later, in 1931, the two days became separate holidays and Armistice Day was renamed Remembrance Day.

Finally, on January 31st, 1957, Parliament proclaimed…

"A Day of General Thanksgiving to Almighty God for the bountiful harvest with which Canada has been blessed … to be observed on the 2nd Monday in October.

Jared?

That babe sure knows tons of stuff.

So how about giving something back… Like some pics?

Wow. That was great! You’re welcome!

Well put MD (and Thanks!) I could not have expressed my thoughts any better myself ('cept I have shed close to 30 pounds thanks to B’ardi Eatin!).

Not only World Class minds to help us attain our goals but a World Class group of Forumites to help us stay focused too!

Perhaps Paramount Platitudes Pro Provision of the Professions Pinnacle Physical Proposals are Proper?

Positively!

Extra Turkey for T-Mag!

“No more turkey, but I’d like some more of the bread it ate”

~ Hank Ketcham

Thunder - Jared is no more. Ignorant Slut has taken over.

and I am his side kick, the wanker.

Nice post MD. I am Canadian, however, I had no idea about the history of Thanksgiving. Thanx for that post. Boom #80

MD – Thanks for the history lesson. Did you know all that off the top of your head?

I might use some of that information if I have to teach / substitute teach any Thanksgiving-related lessons in the future.

Bald Scholar: No, I didn’t get all of it off the top of my head. I had to research to get the early history of Thanksgiving in Canada.

Dan C: I hope I haven’t disappointed you with that revelation. :wink:

MD: Funny.

I still think that we should get some pics…

Char Dawg: Why so curious?

Well put MD!
I think Char-dawg is so curious cause he wants to see the 4 pack!! (As do I…wink wink).

Slut and Wanker strike again!

Gee, I never thought the mention of my small four pack would elicit such curiosity. What have I done? :wink:

Bring on the 4 pack!

Hear hear MD, well said indeed!! You put it perfectly for all of us.

And I want to see the 4-pack too, not for the nasty reasons the guys are putting forth- I’m not that type of gal! I want some motivation/role model,visualization goals, etc.