Thank You, Sly

[quote]Rattler wrote:
Sorry, but what is HRT?[/quote]

Hormone Replacement Therapy

Amen. I only just realized a few years ago that he wrote and directed Rocky himself (yeah I’m slow). The guy’s a fucking Autuer. They aught to show that shit in film school, it’s absolutely perfect.

I think he wrote all the Rocky movies

I’ve got a lot of respect for Stallone. People don’t give him enough credit for writing screenplays and directing that, I think, he deserves.

He knows how to make a good action flick, and also mix in some dramatic elements and add depth to his characters.

I thought he did a good job with the last Rocky movie (even if the action was a bit far-fetched in terms of realism) and the Rambo movie was OK (I thought the violence was over-done).

[quote]Djwlfpack wrote:
I’ve got a lot of respect for Stallone. People don’t give him enough credit for writing screenplays and directing that, I think, he deserves.

He knows how to make a good action flick, and also mix in some dramatic elements and add depth to his characters.

I thought he did a good job with the last Rocky movie (even if the action was a bit far-fetched in terms of realism) and the Rambo movie was OK (I thought the violence was over-done).[/quote]

I agree. He’s a pretty underrated actor and people think of acting as all about dialogue but Stallone takes it to a whole new level by making his physique play a major part of the role.

I agree when you say that he did a good job with Rocky Balboa. I think he ended the series on the right note. Yeah the Rambo violence was a bit over the top but that’s what people paid to see. Critics gave him so much crap about his movie being a total gorefest but then you see films like Hostel or Saw or all the other bullshit snuff films out there and they’re critcally acclaimed. The people who paid to see Rambo and thought it was shit were clearly paying to see another movie and what they got was a good, old school action flick.

[quote]Handsome Rob 84 wrote:
Djwlfpack wrote:

I thought he did a good job with the last Rocky movie (even if the action was a bit far-fetched in terms of realism) and the Rambo movie was OK (I thought the violence was over-done).

I agree. He’s a pretty underrated actor and people think of acting as all about dialogue but Stallone takes it to a whole new level by making his physique play a major part of the role.

I agree when you say that he did a good job with Rocky Balboa. I think he ended the series on the right note. Yeah the Rambo violence was a bit over the top but that’s what people paid to see. Critics gave him so much crap about his movie being a total gorefest but then you see films like Hostel or Saw or all the other bullshit snuff films out there and they’re critcally acclaimed. The people who paid to see Rambo and thought it was shit were clearly paying to see another movie and what they got was a good, old school action flick.[/quote]

I think a lot of people overlook how good of a writer and how intelligent he really is because of some of his roles. Yeah, it’s not like his acting always shined through the silver screen brilliantly, but many don’t realize how much shit he was usually involved in with his movies.

People hate Sly cause of how he talks and think he’s an idiot. The critics obviously think that too, but screw those idiotic razzie awards. they’re as meaningless as the oscars. but anyway he’s among my idols. It was cause of him and Arnold that got me into working out. Everytime you watch any of the Rocky movies, you want to go train. everytime i workout, i always hear that soundtrack in my head. I loved most of his movies. Demolition Man was one of my favorites besides the classics. It had action and humor and not to mention Sandra Bullock lookin pretty good as always.

[quote]Polish Rifle wrote:
Sly was busted with a shit ton of HGH vials not too long ago. He’s an advocate for hormone replacement therapy for aging men.
[/quote]
Technically, Sly was not “busted” with anything. His “people” were found to have several HGH kits in their possession, and the violation was an importation (Australian customs, who are notoriously ruthless) case. Sly paid the fine and that was it, Big flippin’ deal. The fact that Sly is an HRT/HGH advocate proves two things: 1)He really does have guts to go public on the subject (considering his past denials about PED use) and take the inevitable ignorant abuse by the media-jackal haters. 2)He is much smarter than people give him credit for…

Here was one the interviews I was referencing earlier. The relevant stuff starts at the 3:44 mark.

The Rocky movies are the reason I started working out (and DBZ, of course).

[quote]jayski wrote:
People hate Sly cause of how he talks and think he’s an idiot. The critics obviously think that too, but screw those idiotic razzie awards. they’re as meaningless as the oscars. but anyway he’s among my idols. It was cause of him and Arnold that got me into working out. Everytime you watch any of the Rocky movies, you want to go train. everytime i workout, i always hear that soundtrack in my head. I loved most of his movies. Demolition Man was one of my favorites besides the classics. It had action and humor and not to mention Sandra Bullock lookin pretty good as always.[/quote]

He was born with partial paralysis in his jaw so he tends to talk with a slurr.

[quote]Blacksnake wrote:

Technically, Sly was not “busted” with anything. His “people” were found to have several HGH kits in their possession, and the violation was an importation (Australian customs, who are notoriously ruthless) case. Sly paid the fine and that was it, Big flippin’ deal. The fact that Sly is an HRT/HGH advocate proves two things: 1)He really does have guts to go public on the subject (considering his past denials about PED use) and take the inevitable ignorant abuse by the media-jackal haters. 2)He is much smarter than people give him credit for…

[/quote]

Thanks for the clarification… But it was still his.

And for the record, I don’t have an issue with HRT/HGH use. I’m a huge fan of Stallone. The man is a legend in his own right and his work ethic is inspiring.

[quote]jayski wrote:
People hate Sly cause of how he talks and think he’s an idiot.

Demolition Man was one of my favorites besides the classics. It had action and humor and not to mention Sandra Bullock lookin pretty good as always.[/quote]

I think one of his best roles was in Cop Land (1997).

Although it didn’t do extremely well in the States, Stallone won a Best Actor award at the Stockholm International Film Festival. Awesome flick.

He also had to gain a considerable amount of weight for the role

jayski wrote:

Demolition Man was one of my favorites besides the classics. It had action and humor and not to mention Sandra Bullock lookin pretty good as always.

Although it didn’t do extremely well in the States, Stallone won a Best Actor award at the Stockholm International Film Festival. Awesome flick.

He also had to gain a considerable amount of weight for the role[/quote]

That’s one of my favorite movies…

jayski wrote:

Demolition Man was one of my favorites besides the classics. It had action and humor and not to mention Sandra Bullock lookin pretty good as always.

He also had to gain a considerable amount of weight for the role[/quote]

Yeah Cop Land is a good movie. It proves that the guy CAN act.

[quote]Enjoy The Pain wrote:
The Rocky movies are the reason I started working out (and DBZ, of course).[/quote]

Couldn’t agree more with ya man. Like it has been said already in this thread Sly’s movies make you want to get off your lazy ass and go train. Thats one thing I miss about today’s movies, you don’t see really any of em make people do that anymore