Thank You, Sly

I just wanted to throw out there how Sylvester Stallone is one of the most inspirational people out there. I find myself going through my movie collection and rewatching his movies. If you need inspiration for the gym I highly recommend Rocky IV’s training montage or the fight scene in Thailand at the beginning of Rambo 3. He’s constantly critcized for being one of the worst actors out there and has one the most Razzie awards out of any actor but yet I consider him one of my favorite actors.

He maintains an impressive physique at age 60 and throughout his movie career. He probably looked his best in Rambo 3 I’d say but looks alot thicker now as that comes with age I guess. Anyways, thank you Sly for all the entertaining hours of movie watching and gym motivation. If your feeling low on motivation watch Stallone. (No Homo)

I watched Rambo 4 two nights ago. I honestly think it’s my favourite action movie of all time with a war story. Un-Fucking-Believable.

[quote]Rattler wrote:
I watched Rambo 4 two nights ago. I honestly think it’s my favourite action movie of all time with a war story. Un-Fucking-Believable.[/quote]

I agree…watched a few days ago on blu ray…so damn real and intense.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
Rattler wrote:
I watched Rambo 4 two nights ago. I honestly think it’s my favourite action movie of all time with a war story. Un-Fucking-Believable.

I agree…watched a few days ago on blu ray…so damn real and intense.[/quote]

Yeah I have it on BluRay as well. It looks better than it did in the theaters. I’ve never seen gore look so gorry. lol

[quote]Rattler wrote:
I watched Rambo 4 two nights ago. I honestly think it’s my favourite action movie of all time with a war story. Un-Fucking-Believable.[/quote]

Phenomenal movie… Gritty, intense, and very graphic.

Sly looks like a freaking beast in this flick.

[quote]Rattler wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:
Rattler wrote:

I agree…watched a few days ago on blu ray…so damn real and intense.

Yeah I have it on BluRay as well. It looks better than it did in the theaters. I’ve never seen gore look so gorry. lol[/quote]

This movie is a throwback to when rated R action movies…were…umm…rated R…lol.

I would much rather be built like Sly now over what he looked like Rambo or Rocky II.

And yes, this movie was pretty damn amazing, and I loved that Julie Benz from Dexter was in it.

I think so much of the inspiration that comes with Sly’s movies is the music that’s associated with it. As I mentioned the training montage of Rocky IV there is “No Easy Way Out”, “Burning Heart” by Survivor, and “Hearts on Fire”. Really cheesy 80’s music but has so much motivation to it.

Also you have the music by Bill Conti who did the Rocky theme and he also does the music in one of my favorite Stallone movies called Lock Up. If you haven’t seen this one I highly recommend it. There’s a fair ammount of action in it but it’s mostly a drama.

[quote]Rattler wrote:

Am curious to what kind of workout and diet he’s on in that movie. He looked bulked out alot more than his previous films. I heard a rumor of steroids but am not sure if I believe that. After all he did make a knife out of Iron and fire himself.

[quote]WS4JB wrote:
I would much rather be built like Sly now over what he looked like Rambo or Rocky II.

And yes, this movie was pretty damn amazing, and I loved that Julie Benz from Dexter was in it.[/quote]

Now that’s a hard decision…I wouldn’t complain either way.

[quote]Handsome Rob 84 wrote:
Am curious to what kind of workout and diet he’s on in that movie. He looked bulked out alot more than his previous films. I heard a rumor of steroids but am not sure if I believe that. After all he did make a knife out of Iron and fire himself.[/quote]

Um, hate to bust your love bubble, but believe it.

Sly was busted with a shit ton of HGH vials not too long ago. He’s an advocate for hormone replacement therapy for aging men.

[quote]Handsome Rob 84 wrote:
Rattler wrote:

Am curious to what kind of workout and diet he’s on in that movie. He looked bulked out alot more than his previous films. I heard a rumor of steroids but am not sure if I believe that. After all he did make a knife out of Iron and fire himself.[/quote]

He admitted to using HGH I think. But who cares, dude is like 60 years old! Accomplishment either way.

[quote]Rattler wrote:
Handsome Rob 84 wrote:
Rattler wrote:

Am curious to what kind of workout and diet he’s on in that movie. He looked bulked out alot more than his previous films. I heard a rumor of steroids but am not sure if I believe that. After all he did make a knife out of Iron and fire himself.

He admitted to using HGH I think. But who cares, dude is like 60 years old! Accomplishment either way.[/quote]

Burn me if you want to…but I see no problem with this if you’re 50yrs old or older…not like he’s some 23 yr old Olympic athlete using HGH.

Im with Big_Boss on this one.

If youve been busting your ass in the gym for 40 years like Sly, i think youve earned a little help to keep you on even ground with the young guns.

And about his early physique, i agree it was impressive, but I always thought he just looked too damn light. Can’t deny he was ripped to shreds, but he just looks powerful now.

–JB

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:

Burn me if you want to…but I see no problem with this if you’re 50yrs old or older…not like he’s some 23 yr old Olympic athlete using HGH.[/quote]

Nor do I…

But to think he’s natural at 62 is kind of amusing in itself.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
Rattler wrote:
Handsome Rob 84 wrote:
Rattler wrote:

He admitted to using HGH I think. But who cares, dude is like 60 years old! Accomplishment either way.

Burn me if you want to…but I see no problem with this if you’re 50yrs old or older…not like he’s some 23 yr old Olympic athlete using HGH.[/quote]

Agreed. I don’t have any problem with him or anyone else using HRT as they get older. I’m going to start looking into it myself soon.

The interview when here admitted to using HGH was posted here a while back. He made some very good points about it, if I recall correctly. I’m pretty sure he also said in a different interview that people shouldn’t be surprised when actors are using stuff. People pay money to see action movies and they expect their action stars to look a certain way. Plus, these actors are paid lots of money to look the part.

And Rambo 4 was bad ass. The end of that movie is just awesome.

[quote]Polish Rifle wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:

Burn me if you want to…but I see no problem with this if you’re 50yrs old or older…not like he’s some 23 yr old Olympic athlete using HGH.

Nor do I…

But to think he’s natural at 62 is kind of amusing in itself.[/quote]

I’m with you on that…

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:
Rattler wrote:
Handsome Rob 84 wrote:
Rattler wrote:

Agreed. I don’t have any problem with him or anyone else using HRT as they get older. I’m going to start looking into it myself soon.

The interview when here admitted to using HGH was posted here a while back. He made some very good points about it, if I recall correctly. I’m pretty sure he also said in a different interview that people shouldn’t be surprised when actors are using stuff. People pay money to see action movies and they expect their action stars to look a certain way. Plus, these actors are paid lots of money to look the part.

And Rambo 4 was bad ass. The end of that movie is just awesome.[/quote]

I remember that article…makes me think about a few actors/celebrities that are suspect for HGH/HRT now.

Didn’t he get busted right before or during filming for Rambo 4?

Sorry, but what is HRT?