Thank You Slattimer (New PR)

Just wanted to give a well deserved shout out to Shawn Lattimer (slattimer here on T-Nation) for designing a great bench routine for me.

I just got another new PR today benching with my shirt.

I couldn’t move 365 any further than three inches off my chest last week, and today I was able to get it all the way up (stopped about half way, but never went back down).

My previous shirted bench record (long time ago) was 345, and my previous raw max (ever) was 335.

I guessed my raw max to be around 335 again before doing this routine, but I may have been off by 10 lbs or so (didn’t max out in a long time).

I also made some new PRs on my board presses and rack lock-outs (so I know it wasn’t just the shirt ;).

I still think I may be able to get more out of the shirt, but my weakness has always been half way up, and locking out.

It was well worth the $45 for this specialized routine (based on how I answered some specific questions).

If anyone’s serious about preparing for a competition, I highly recommend using one of his Metal Militia based routines.

Thanks Shawn!

Glad to hear you are doing well.

Keep up the good work. I’ll see you at the meet in November. Before you lift, we will give your shirt a few little tweaks and see soem big PR’s.

Shawn

Yeah, the MM guys are the best at using a bench shirt to it’s full potential…

how much do you bench minus the shirt. I am always curious how much a shirt adds to people.

[quote]Gianacakos wrote:
how much do you bench minus the shirt. I am always curious how much a shirt adds to people.[/quote]

He says in his post.

[quote]Gianacakos wrote:
how much do you bench minus the shirt. I am always curious how much a shirt adds to people.[/quote]

When I was able to get 335 raw (few years ago) I was working out with 275 for sets of 8.

Most recently I was able to use 270 for 10 sets of 3 on the Waterbury Method, and was just about to go up to 275. I figgured my 6 rep max to be around 275.

That’s the only thing that I was using to guesstimate my most current raw max.

I’m also wondering what my raw max is now, but I don’t want to mess up my training to find out.

I’ll probably try maxing out again (raw) a few days after the meet, then go back into CW’s routines for a while, then train for another meet.