T Nation

Thank You, President Clinton!

“It wasn’t that difficult. Clinton gave the North Koreans $4 billion to construct nuclear reactors in return for the savages promising not to use the reactors to build bombs. But oddly, despite this masterful triumph of “diplomacy,” the savages did not respond with good behavior. Instead, they immediately set to work feverishly building nuclear weapons.”

         ---- Ann Coulter
             July 19th column

Wow great source. Thats like asking Hitler for his opinion on the middle east conflict. Idiot.

I see your point but why the hell are you quoting that nut job?

Do I get to call the use of this source as “swallowing spin” or are people going to whine about it?

[quote]vroom wrote:
Do I get to call the use of this source as “swallowing spin” or are people going to whine about it?[/quote]

If you call it “swallowing spin”, at least have the decency to tell us how it “really” happened.

No, that’s not how it works.

You tell us where the savages have put up Clintons reactors.

Doogie,

Coulter puts as much spin on every issue as she possibly can. She goes straight for black and white, characterizing it in the best or worst way possible, leaving behind all the real issues that were involved.

If you can’t recognize that fact, consider yourself a spin swallower.

[quote]sactown1 wrote:
I see your point but why the hell are you quoting that nut job?[/quote]

Her point is that we’ll never get anywhere trying to appease people like Kim ‘Dung’ Il by trying to buy them off. Further, if we vascillate and appear weak, this encourages aggressors to become steadfast and determined (which is what we SHOULD be doing — which makes the Libs call US the warmongers.)

Read her column. Annie is brilliant.

HH

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
sactown1 wrote:
I see your point but why the hell are you quoting that nut job?

Her point is that we’ll never get anywhere trying to appease people like Kim ‘Dung’ Il by trying to buy them off. Further, if we vascillate and appear weak, this encourages aggressors to become steadfast and determined (which is what we SHOULD be doing — which makes the Libs call US the warmongers.)

Read her column. Annie is brilliant.

HH

[/quote]

Can you tell me where Clinton put those nuclear reactors. Because if you can’t, she wouldn’t be brilliant. She would be a lying bitch.

[quote]vroom wrote:
Doogie,

Coulter puts as much spin on every issue as she possibly can. She goes straight for black and white, characterizing it in the best or worst way possible, leaving behind all the real issues that were involved.

If you can’t recognize that fact, consider yourself a spin swallower.[/quote]

It’s funny to watch you commies attack her instead of the facts.

Eithe just admit that:

a) Her account is pretty much true
or
b) You don’t have a clue what really happened.

[quote]Wreckless wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
sactown1 wrote:
I see your point but why the hell are you quoting that nut job?

Her point is that we’ll never get anywhere trying to appease people like Kim ‘Dung’ Il by trying to buy them off. Further, if we vascillate and appear weak, this encourages aggressors to become steadfast and determined (which is what we SHOULD be doing — which makes the Libs call US the warmongers.)

Read her column. Annie is brilliant.

HH

Can you tell me where Clinton put those nuclear reactors. Because if you can’t, she wouldn’t be brilliant. She would be a lying bitch.[/quote]

One of many places to begin your education:

Liberalism is simply evil, in its appeasement of evil.

HH

What is your idea of “liberalism,” HH?

This is all just distractionary from the current inability to make any progress…

[quote]vroom wrote:
This is all just distractionary from the current inability to make any progress…[/quote]

Unlike accusing people of “swallowing spin” instead of addressing the facts, or making up words so you look cute instead of ignorant?

[quote]doogie wrote:
vroom wrote:
This is all just distractionary from the current inability to make any progress…

Unlike accusing people of “swallowing spin” instead of addressing the facts, or making up words so you look cute instead of ignorant?[/quote]

Spin is fact, only it omits smaller facts to support it’s claim.

I don’t know the entire story of Clinton and N. Korea, but I know that objective journalists don’t refer to N. Korea as “The Savages”, they refer to them as … NORTH KOREA. Coultier is an educated right-wing spin doctor, just as Bill Maher is for the left. At least Bill Maher is funny sometimes.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Wreckless wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
sactown1 wrote:
I see your point but why the hell are you quoting that nut job?

Her point is that we’ll never get anywhere trying to appease people like Kim ‘Dung’ Il by trying to buy them off. Further, if we vascillate and appear weak, this encourages aggressors to become steadfast and determined (which is what we SHOULD be doing — which makes the Libs call US the warmongers.)

Read her column. Annie is brilliant.

HH

Can you tell me where Clinton put those nuclear reactors. Because if you can’t, she wouldn’t be brilliant. She would be a lying bitch.

One of many places to begin your education:

Liberalism is simply evil, in its appeasement of evil.

HH

[/quote]

No, this is where your education starts.

The link you gave came up with this:
“The Clinton Administration announced tonight that United States and North Korean negotiators in Geneva had reached a broad agreement that would freeze North Korea’s nuclear weapons program and allow the resumption of international inspections. Administration officials said the agreement included some concessions by Washington, including arranging for American allies to build in North Korea two modern nuclear power plants valued at several billion dollars. The Administration also agreed to a delay in the inspection of two nuclear waste sites that were expected to reveal evidence of North Korea’s production of weapon-grades material.”

That was the agreement. The NK would allow international inspections and freeze their nuclear weapons programs. And we would build 2 modern nuclear power plants.
However, this plan was never put into action.
That’s what the lying bitch forgot to tell you. And you’re a gullible fool for believing her obvious lies.

The Agreed Framework between the United States of America and the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea was signed on October 21, 1994 between North Korea (DPRK) and the United States. The agreement largely broke-down by 2003.

Don’t be such a tool HH.

Ann Coulter is such a loon. I can’t believe she gets published.

Just goes to show ya… anybody can write a book. Anybody.

Coulter is moron, but she’s also telling the truth. We tried to make deals with NK in the past, and it hasn’t resulted in jack shit. They’re still acting like bastard commies.

Sanctions don’t do anything to a dictatorial regime when the dictator doesn’t care about whether or not his people starve to death.

[quote]The_Rabbi wrote:
Coulter is moron, but she’s also telling the truth. We tried to make deals with NK in the past, and it hasn’t resulted in jack shit. They’re still acting like bastard commies.

Sanctions don’t do anything to a dictatorial regime when the dictator doesn’t care about whether or not his people starve to death.[/quote]

I sure do hope you all are signing up for military service since you obviously want war so badly. Hey, you guys even have kids! They’re signing up, right? Any nephews? I can give the Army recruiters your home address and you won’t even have to leave the house!! Who’s with me???

[quote]Professor X wrote:

I sure do hope you all are signing up for military service since you obviously want war so badly. Hey, you guys even have kids! They’re signing up, right? Any nephews? I can give the Army recruiters your home address and you won’t even have to leave the house!! Who’s with me???

[/quote]

Actually, I am.

But anyway, do you see diplomacy working? Nobody wants war(at least nobody I know.) But how many concessions are you willing to make to get a temporary guarantee of peace?