Thank You, President Bush!

"Preventing another terrorist attack is like that. There is no media coverage when another 9/11 doesn’t happen. We can thank God that President George Bush didn’t care about doing the safe thing for himself; he cared about keeping Americans safe. And he has, for seven years.

If Bush’s only concern were about his approval ratings, like a certain impeached president I could name, he would not have fought for the Patriot Act and the war in Iraq. He would not have resisted the howling ninnies demanding that we withdraw from Iraq, year after year. By liberals’ own standard, Bush’s war on terrorism has been a smashing, unimaginable success."

“Despite the fact that Hitler brought “change,” promoted clean, energy-efficient mass transit by making the trains run on time, supported abortion for the non-master races, vastly expanded the power of the national government and was uniformly adored by college students and their professors, I gather that liberals don’t like Hitler because they’re constantly comparing him to Bush.”

"George Bush is Gary Cooper in the classic western “High Noon.” The sheriff is about to leave office when a marauding gang is coming to town. He could leave, but he waits to face the killers as all his friends and all the townspeople, who supported him during his years of keeping them safe, slowly abandon him. In the end, he walks alone to meet the killers, because someone has to.

That’s Bush. Name one other person in Washington who would be willing to stand alone if he had to, because someone had to.

OK, there is one, but she’s not in Washington yet. Appropriately, at the end of “High Noon,” Cooper is surrounded by the last two highwaymen when, suddenly, his wife (Grace Kelly) appears out of nowhere and blows away one of the killers! The aging sheriff is saved by a beautiful, gun-toting woman."

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=28497

In Madrid, Alqaeda learned that they can change the outcome of an election by committing terrorists acts just a few days before the election.

I would say don’t be too smug because they could be lulling us into a false sense of security so they can achieve maximum effect and watch your ass that last week, stay away from crowds.

Whatever else people want to say about GWB, and I’ve said plenty myself, he has understood that what we are in is a war. Not a criminal/policing matter.

I was just watching footage of General Petraeus walking through a town in Iraq as the locals thanked him for freeing them from that monster Saddam Hussein. Yes I know, but it was heartwarming watching people hug him and shake his hand with looks of genuine friendship on their faces.

It brought back memories of hordes of Iraqis in Dearborn with tears streaming down their cheeks yelling “THANK YOU MR. BOOSH!!!” as they heard the news that we took Baghdad away from the bathist butchers.

Say what you want, there hasn’t been another successful attack on American soil under Bush’s watch and he has taken that part of his responsibility with all due sober diligence.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
"Preventing another terrorist attack is like that. There is no media coverage when another 9/11 doesn’t happen. We can thank God that President George Bush didn’t care about doing the safe thing for himself; he cared about keeping Americans safe. And he has, for seven years.

If Bush’s only concern were about his approval ratings, like a certain impeached president I could name, he would not have fought for the Patriot Act and the war in Iraq.

He would not have resisted the howling ninnies demanding that we withdraw from Iraq, year after year. By liberals’ own standard, Bush’s war on terrorism has been a smashing, unimaginable success."

“Despite the fact that Hitler brought “change,” promoted clean, energy-efficient mass transit by making the trains run on time, supported abortion for the non-master races, vastly expanded the power of the national government and was uniformly adored by college students and their professors, I gather that liberals don’t like Hitler because they’re constantly comparing him to Bush.”

"George Bush is Gary Cooper in the classic western “High Noon.” The sheriff is about to leave office when a marauding gang is coming to town.

He could leave, but he waits to face the killers as all his friends and all the townspeople, who supported him during his years of keeping them safe, slowly abandon him. In the end, he walks alone to meet the killers, because someone has to.

That’s Bush. Name one other person in Washington who would be willing to stand alone if he had to, because someone had to.

OK, there is one, but she’s not in Washington yet. Appropriately, at the end of “High Noon,” Cooper is surrounded by the last two highwaymen when, suddenly, his wife (Grace Kelly) appears out of nowhere and blows away one of the killers! The aging sheriff is saved by a beautiful, gun-toting woman."

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=28497

[/quote]

The man was a disaster for actual conservatives in the Republican Party.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
<<< The man was a disaster for actual conservatives in the Republican Party.[/quote]

That’s quite true, but also isn’t what this thread is about.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
Sloth wrote:
<<< The man was a disaster for actual conservatives in the Republican Party.

That’s quite true, but also isn’t what this thread is about.[/quote]

Only praise allowed? Great, he’s a Gary Cooper who can’t finish one fight (where the terrorists responsible were) before jumping into another with no connection to 9-11.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/mcclatchy/20080910/wl_mcclatchy/3041862

“Seven years after 9/11, al Qaida and its allies are gaining ground across the region where the plot was hatched, staging their most lethal attacks yet against NATO forces and posing a growing threat to the U.S.-backed governments in Afghanistan and nuclear-armed Pakistan.”

The man is a disgrace, and good riddance.