Thank You for Today's Push, Pull, Legs Article

Thanks Paul for today’s article. The PPL split is what I always find myself coming back to, no matter what other splits or programs I try.

2 Likes

I don’t run it now because my goals aren’t mass related anymore, but PPL was ALWAYS the setup from which I built the most muscle. Running it 4-5 days a week and rotating through always gave me the best results.

1 Like

Glad you guys liked it!

3 Likes

Came to your list of forums to post my thanks for that article as well. It is always a good day when you go to the main page at 8am EST and see that you authored the daily article.

Hi Paul,

Shoulder training for me is mostly band pulls-aparts from various angles and face pulls, for the sides and rear delts. Since my bench is a little shoulder biased, I don’t do dedicated front delt work.

Is this type of delt work, especially the rear delts, a natural part of push day? I feel there is a case for rear delts being part of pull day. What are your thoughts please?

I actually use it as an option for powerlifting programming and it works well. I will train 6 days a week for 3 weeks and then 4 days a week for 3 weeks. Something like this:
Day 1
Bench press
Incline or overhead
Closegrip or dip

Day 2
Squat or box squat
Sumo DL or Conventional (usually for form)
Front squat or split squat

Day 3
High pull or carry
T-bar or Dumbell row
Chin up or pull up
(rotate the order on these)

So I get hit everything 2x/week for 3 weeks on 6 WO/week and then may cut back to 4 WOs a week for 3 weeks. A nice advantage is that you can go 3-4-5 or 6 days a week and you end up finishing that number of full rotations on a 3 week block-example, on 4 days per week you complete 4 full rotations in 3 weeks, on 5/week you complete 5 full rotations in 3 weeks etc.

I do rear delts on back day.

Thanks Paul.

1 Like