Thank You Biotest! (Packaging)

I work in the recycling industry, so when I recieved my monthly Biotest shipment today, I was stoked to see this: the bottom of the box!

Thats right, you guys managed to be efficient enough to use a very small quantity of styrofoam peanuts (or are they Biofoam?) to ship my 6 protein canisters plus a ZMA and a Flameout.

Normally when I recieve my shipment the box is half filled with foam peanuts. That sucks because this very lightweight and small material is almost impossible to efficiently recycle, and ends up floating around streets since it flys out of garbage trucks if not carefully disposed of (tied up in bags).

This matter may seem small to you now, but I can see that Biotest is gonna be growing big, and distributing supplements to a huge number of T-Nation members in the future. Its much easier to eliminate pollution at the source than it is to try to backtrack by recycling at the consumer level.

I’d appreciate it if you guys could try to be as efficient as you were this time in the future. Thanks!

I have been annoyed by the number of peanuts in the packaging too, especially since they are not the environmentally friendly ones that melt in water.

I hope this is a change in the way packaging is done, and they aren’t just running low on styrofoam.

I’d just be glad because half the time all the extra crap falls on the floor and is a pain to pick up, seems like there is a thousand of them.

[quote]biglift88 wrote:
I’d just be glad because half the time all the extra crap falls on the floor and my dog tries to eat it so I have to chase her in circles even though she accelerates faster than a Ducati 1098, seems like there is a thousand of them.[/quote]

[quote]Dweezil wrote:
biglift88 wrote:
I’d just be glad because half the time all the extra crap falls on the floor and my dog tries to eat it so I have to chase her in circles even though she accelerates faster than a Ducati 1098, seems like there is a thousand of them.

[/quote]

LOL… you know you can open them in your bedroom, with the door closed. Or, any room, for that matter.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
LOL… you know you can open them in your bedroom, with the door closed. Or, any room, for that matter.[/quote]

Then she’d cry and complain and give me the silent treatment for a couple of days.

[quote]Dweezil wrote:
rrjc5488 wrote:
LOL… you know you can open them in your bedroom, with the door closed. Or, any room, for that matter.

Then she’d cry and complain and give me the silent treatment for a couple of days.[/quote]

wait, wouldn’t the silent treatment be a remedy for the crying and complaining? seems like the problem would take care of itself.

Regarding the original topic, I agree, packing peanuts are a pain in the ass. I generally keep the boxes, and peanuts, and use them to ship stuff to friends and family at christmas or whatever, but I’d much rather just not have to deal with them at all.

I’d like to concur - in a household where there are multiple people ordering from Biotest, those green packing peanuts are a curse, filling up our trash on a weekly basis. Anything Biotest could do to switch to the starch biodegradable kind would be massively massively appreciated.

Concur.

My little company only uses the cornstarch peanuts. They cost about twice as much, but We think it is worth it.

True story: Back in the day, an online supplement seller started using environmentally friendly packaging (the peanuts that dissolved in water), but warned that it would drive up the average shipping cost by about 50-75 cents. Guess what: People pitched a fit and he had to go back to the old stuff for the sake of his business.

That’s how much “we Americans” care about the environment. If it means we will have to pay less than the cost of half a cup of coffee to help the planet, we will throw a fit.

So I don’t blame the companies. I blame the consumer.

What a bunch of pussies. I just store the excess peanuts with all of my used motor oil and car batteries - in a hole in the back corner of my yard.

DB

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:
What a bunch of pussies. I just store the excess peanuts with all of my used motor oil and car batteries - in a hole in the back corner of my yard.

DB[/quote]

You too! I live in an environmentally sensitive zone so I try to make sure that the peanuts will get washed into the local water supply. I think the chemicals that leach out of those things have anabolic properties.

[quote]dollarbill44 wrote:

DB[/quote]

You can always dissolve them in gasoline and pour them down a storm drain.

[quote]Flop Hat wrote:
You can always dissolve them in gasoline and pour them down a storm drain. [/quote]

Good thing I just replaced all the plumbing in my house with lead pipe.

Also, I’m making sure I buy products that are insulated only with asbestos.

just stack with HRX and eat them.

[quote]unbending wrote:
Flop Hat wrote:
You can always dissolve them in gasoline and pour them down a storm drain.

Good thing I just replaced all the plumbing in my house with lead pipe.

Also, I’m making sure I buy products that are insulated only with asbestos.[/quote]

Hey, lead and asbestos are “all natural”

Cut out the top half of a door in a room you don’t really use, and fill half the room with them.

Hours of fun.