Thailand Coup!

I hope Phill stays safe!

“Wire services report Thailand’s Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra has declared a state of emergency after tanks were spotted rolling through Bangkok and coup rumors swept the city.”

[quote]PGA200X wrote:
I hope Phill stays safe!

“Wire services report Thailand’s Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra has declared a state of emergency after tanks were spotted rolling through Bangkok and coup rumors swept the city.”[/quote]

He had some great reports. Wasn’t he heading back about this time?

[quote]PGA200X wrote:
I hope Phill stays safe!
[/quote]
"The coup went largely unnoticed in Thailand?s popular tourist districts, where foreigners packed bars and cabarets, oblivious to the activity about two miles away. But word raced among street vendors hawking T-shirts, who packed up their carts quickly and started heading home.

Im hiding from them as we speak shacked up with a hot little number and were preparing to fight the insurgance armed with nothing but condoms and cheap Thai beer.

LOL no come on guys thanks for the worry but I left in the middle of August LOL I posted when I left and have since. Look like it was good idea. I would have had to put my newly aquired jungle skiils to use and hid out in some jungle Mooban.

On a side note that Prime minister is a real dog from what Ive heard he doesnt have a very good reputation and well this really cant be to good. There is allready lots of pre worryt as the King is gwetting pretty ripe in his age and well his son isnt the best to take his place.

They think there is going to be real trouble when he passes. Hes not really in charge by law its not a monarchy but when he says something, when he steps in finally they listen.

This will be interesting to see what pans out and tahnsk for the heads up I have some people there I need to get in touch with now.

Ltr and thanks again for the worry,
Phill

[quote]Phill wrote:
On a side note that Prime minister is a real dog from what Ive heard he doesnt have a very good reputation and well this really cant be to good. There is allready lots of pre worryt as the King is gwetting pretty ripe in his age and well his son isnt the best to take his place.

They think there is going to be real trouble when he passes. Hes not really in charge by law its not a monarchy but when he says something, when he steps in finally they listen.

This will be interesting to see what pans out and tahnsk for the heads up I have some people there I need to get in touch with now.

Ltr and thanks again for the worry,
Phill[/quote]

Glad to see you are back. Last I read you were thinking of staying out there for a longer time. Glad you ended up coming back early!

[quote]PGA200X wrote:

Glad to see you are back. Last I read you were thinking of staying out there for a longer time. Glad you ended up coming back early![/quote]

Thanks bro,

Yes if I stuck to the original plan I would still be there in the middle of all this crap I was living in the home city of Thaksin as well OH BOY it was nothing to see the military daily roaming the streets all deacked out in american gear and weaponry.

I just hope it all works out I have been emailing some people I know there now etc if I get any word from them without the media spin Ill throw it up here

Thanks again,
Phill

OK if any one is interested got word from Chiang Mai Thailand this is the second largest city and home town of Thaksin. short and simple message and then started talking training etc with me.

“No problems. No one hurt. Schools open, everything normal!”

Seems like they have it under wraps. Or it was blown out of proportion by the media.

[quote]Phill wrote:
Or it was blown out of proportion by the media.[/quote]

Gee, how unusual.

I’m kinda hoping enough people cancel trips over the next few weeks for the airlines to have some last minute sales.