T Nation

Text Message Manslaughter

[quote]AlteredState wrote:
I believe the UK has just toughened up its laws regarding using a phone whilst driving.

7 years maximum prison sentence for using a phone and causing an accident.
14 years for an accident that kills someone.

Good. I think it’s a bad idea to use your phone whilst driving.[/quote]

That is good.

I don’t drive here though, and in SA I get away with anything. I ain’t reckless though.

it’s illegal to be on your phone while driving in Cali. If it was like that here in Florida I wouldn’t like that. I mean I know it’s safer, but I make most of my phone calls in the car.

Maybe they wouldn’t see me doing it considering my tint is 5%. I love being able to see everyone and no one be able to see me. Ha!

[quote]MrOldSchool wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:
Ehh, I text and drive :shrug: It’s not really that hard.

I’d rather text than talk on the phone while driving.

You sir are a complete and utter fucking idiot. I seriously hope you get in a wreck for your utter stupidity (and I mean that from the bottom of my heart)[/quote]

LOL, considering I’ve had a cell phone for like 6 yrs now and no accidents because of it, I’d say I’m doing pretty good.

And what kind of low life actually wants someone to have a wreck because they use a cell phone. You have some issues.

[quote]MrOldSchool wrote:
Seriously, some of you are complete and utter fucktards to the highest degree.[/quote]

You have to realize that most of these ‘fucktards’ are kids. I have yet to meet a kid that didn’t think whatever he/she does, thinks, says, (no matter how asinine), is brilliant.
Er, no offense to the fucktards.

All we need to do is establish a DT (Designated Texter).

It must be done.

The picture illustrates my perspective.

If he had a cheeseburger in his other hand, I’d have drawn more knives.

[quote]Flow wrote:

It must be done.

If he had a cheeseburger in his other hand, I’d have drawn more knives. [/quote]

Sword in the head FTW!

You do realize its possible to text without looking at the phone? That t9, word dictionaries, autofill phrases, qwerty keyboards, etc are… what… technologies that make things easier. Oh shit.

Now I would not want to see my mom or dad texting while driving, that’s for sure.

Am I the only one that hates cell phones?

Now it’s harder than ever to not be bothered.

[quote]gabex wrote:
You do realize its possible to text without looking at the phone? That t9, word dictionaries, autofill phrases, qwerty keyboards, etc are… what… technologies that make things easier. Oh shit.

Now I would not want to see my mom or dad texting while driving, that’s for sure.[/quote]

Yeah, but most people can’t text without looking.

I’ll be completely honest, I can text without looking at the phone. That doesn’t mean that I’ll text while driving though. . . The issue with it is that you’re guaranteed to be thinking about what you’re texting, and that just distracts from what going on on the road.

I know people don’t 100% concentrate on the road while driving, but this isn’t a black or white concept.

Why add another distraction to an already potentially deadly activity? Emphasis on the potentially. . .

I think I might have posted this in another thread, but I wish cell phones had a voice annotation feature so that you could just talk into your phone and it will convert it to a text message and send it.

[quote]Flow wrote:

It must be done.

If he had a cheeseburger in his other hand, I’d have drawn more knives. [/quote]

Looks like he got attacked by a pirate.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
I think I might have posted this in another thread, but I wish cell phones had a voice annotation feature so that you could just talk into your phone and it will convert it to a text message and send it.[/quote]

Really? I wish I had a phone that would just send my voice to the person I wanted to communicate with and they could hear it and then respond back in real time. Oh wait…

;D

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
MrOldSchool wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:

You sir are a complete and utter fucking idiot. I seriously hope you get in a wreck for your utter stupidity (and I mean that from the bottom of my heart)

LOL, considering I’ve had a cell phone for like 6 yrs now and no accidents because of it, I’d say I’m doing pretty good.[/quote]

but i’m sure you’ve had a close call, right? come on man. defending yourself for doing it is kinda lame.

oldschool…that was a little bit much, but i agree with the sentiment.

i’m kinda the same way as zephead, i will at a stoplight, but not while i’m moving.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
AngryVader wrote:
I think I might have posted this in another thread, but I wish cell phones had a voice annotation feature so that you could just talk into your phone and it will convert it to a text message and send it.

Really? I wish I had a phone that would just send my voice to the person I wanted to communicate with and they could hear it and then respond back in real time. Oh wait…

;D[/quote]

hahaha…I realized when I wrote that that someone would point that out. :stuck_out_tongue:

You know what I mean though. When you’re someone that doesn’t like talking on the phone, but you’re driving and you’d rather send a text, then that would be a good feature to have.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
analog_kid wrote:
AngryVader wrote:

;D

hahaha…I realized when I wrote that that someone would point that out. :stuck_out_tongue:

You know what I mean though. When you’re someone that doesn’t like talking on the phone, but you’re driving and you’d rather send a text, then that would be a good feature to have.[/quote]

This is the most amazing thing I have ever read.

I’m going to be a huge smartass and quip that you’re still talking on the phone when you’re telling the phone what to type.

Shoot me. Fuck.

[quote]ericbyrnesjr wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:
MrOldSchool wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:

You sir are a complete and utter fucking idiot. I seriously hope you get in a wreck for your utter stupidity (and I mean that from the bottom of my heart)

LOL, considering I’ve had a cell phone for like 6 yrs now and no accidents because of it, I’d say I’m doing pretty good.

but i’m sure you’ve had a close call, right? come on man. defending yourself for doing it is kinda lame.

oldschool…that was a little bit much, but i agree with the sentiment.

i’m kinda the same way as zephead, i will at a stoplight, but not while i’m moving.[/quote]

Well, I can’t recall all close calls in the last 6 yrs, but I will say the one accident I had (minor) did not involve a phone.
The close call yesterday did not involve a phone because I didn’t know where I was going and made an illegal left turn. If anything, when I’m on the phone I’ll drive at a normal speed 5mph over the limit where I’m usually 10-20 over depending on the road.

Maybe people should butt out of other people’s lives. Just because “you” think I shouldn’t be doing something, doesn’t mean you’re right.

[quote]Flow wrote:
AngryVader wrote:
analog_kid wrote:
AngryVader wrote:

;D

You know what I mean though. When you’re someone that doesn’t like talking on the phone, but you’re driving and you’d rather send a text, then that would be a good feature to have.

I’m going to be a huge smartass and quip that you’re still talking on the phone when you’re telling the phone what to type.

Shoot me. Fuck.[/quote]

Yes, because I clearly can’t talk and drive at the same time.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
Flow wrote:
AngryVader wrote:
analog_kid wrote:
AngryVader wrote:

;D

Shoot me. Fuck.

Yes, because I clearly can’t talk and drive at the same time.
[/quote]

California says you can’t, but that’s obviously not the case.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
analog_kid wrote:
AngryVader wrote:

;D

You know what I mean though. When you’re someone that doesn’t like talking on the phone, but you’re driving and you’d rather send a text, then that would be a good feature to have.[/quote]

Gotcha bitch!

I get ya, honestly I don’t know why that isn’t an option. If you can watch TV and surf the internet on a damn phone, voice recognition has to be possible.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
AngryVader wrote:
analog_kid wrote:
AngryVader wrote:

;D

Gotcha bitch!

I get ya, honestly I don’t know why that isn’t an option. If you can watch TV and surf the internet on a damn phone, voice recognition has to be possible.

[/quote]

Joking aside, I think they really do have that feature already. . .

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0DTI/is_9_33/ai_n15631400