Texas Method, 5x5, or Westside?

[quote]louiek wrote:
If a 5x5 works, it works, but if you’re training for strongman as an intermediate you’d be better off with the more specialized upper/lower split program. I’m intermediate as well and I know that I can’t make gains from those programs anymore, especially not for the events. I’m on a WSBB/Strongman program right now and it works great. The only problem I have is working in events for reps.[/quote]

Well I’m just working on base strength right now, not doing any work with the implements yet.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]SteveLopez wrote:
What would be the better program choice for an Intermediate lifter who is working on base strength…[/quote]
How exactly have you been training for the last two months, 'ya know, since this thread where you were gung ho about getting ripped:

You have a really, really, really bad habit of program hopping, which I mentioned in that thread. If you want to make serious progress, you need to make some specific long-term goals and work towards those.

And while we’re on the subject, how did that last “cut” go? What’s your current bodyweight?[/quote]

I was doing Madcows 5x5 until I tweaked my knee, but I haven’t lifted in 3 weeks.

I know that I do, but my New Years Resolution is to keep to one program unless it doesn’t work.

Never started the cut, bodyweight is the same.

[quote]mphulk78 wrote:
Well first off westside is more of a training methodology that you can use to develop your own program and use whats best for you. So my advice is learn what you can and take that knowledge and develop a program. Its almost like the scientific method take a theory and test it on yourself and figure out what works best.

Also if you are into strongman there is an article on elitefts recently about implent strongman events into your workout instead of just haveing an event day. [/quote]

I know that. But the reason I asked this question is because a strong buddy of mine uses the conjugate method and is willing to write a program for me but I’m wondering if I should wait until I’m advanced before utilizing that type of programming.