Texas Fertilizer Plant Explodes

[quote]Cortes wrote:

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:
Fertilizer plants don’t just explode.

AMERICA YOU ARE UNDER ATTACK.[/quote]

Shut up. [/quote]

ditto, shut up.

[quote]Cortes wrote:
That video would not have been nearly so chilling if the child’s voice had not been in it.

I love how she takes charge and has to tell her father what to do. I hope my kids are that calm, rational, and commanding if they ever find themselves in such an emergency situation. Wow. [/quote]

I hope she’s ok. They were a good piece away and that was like they were right next to it. UNREAL. That shit was like a Daisy Cutter. I am in awe.

This is what Fertilizer will do. Biggest Explosion on US soil other than Nuclear.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
The BP oil spill & the Fukishima (sp?) Nuclear plant melt down were both industrial accidents with numerous safety procedures in place. These things still happen.[/quote]

With extremely rare exception; the post accident investigations of these type of accidents reveal that the safety prodedures are not being followed or that the safety equipment/devices are broken or have been disabled. There is always some degree of negligence.

Fertilizer plants don’t just explode.

AMERICA YOU ARE UNDER ATTACK.[/quote]If it’s by New Zealand I’m goin back to bed.

Need I remind you we’re only 1 day away from the 20th anniversary of the end of the Waco siege.

When I first heard about this explosion and that it occurred in Waco, Texas, I immediately thought of that infamous debacle. No offence to Waco but that’s all that town is known for. [/quote]

It is also known for the waco horror, the lynching of Jesse washington. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynching_of_Jesse_Washington

This one is always cool to see

assuming nobody died, which i dont think anyone did.

[quote]Aggv wrote:

assuming nobody died, which i dont think anyone did. [/quote]

It said at the end two people were killed…

We all know what assume does…

[quote]Fuzzyapple.Train wrote:

[quote]Aggv wrote:

It said at the end two people were killed…[/quote]

Well when you watch the videos with mute on, it’s kinda hard to hear what they say

[quote]Aggv wrote:

I don’t mean to rub anyone the wrong way but this explosion is actually hilarious because it was caused by a guy tossing his cigarette in a chemical waste container. On the actual show they mention that but it’s left out of the clip.

Yeah…pretty crazy. Drove through there yesterday…and it’s very surreal. Explosion did TONS of damage…schools…offices…homes destroyed. Energy felt 45 miles away. There were firemen that died…as they were first responders dealing with the fire itself. Widespread evacuations because of ammonia fumes after the explosion. Just a crazy week overall…

Another video from explosion

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
Another video from explosion

Damn that was a big explosion. I cannot stop being in awe of how big it was. Watching it several times still doesn’t make it easier to wrap my head around the size of that.

This thing would have been all over the news if it wasn’t for the bombings and yet it killed more people and caused a shit load of damage.

Plus a huge explosion caught on film. Why isn’t it headline news? Mainstream media is so fickle and hell bent on fear mongering these days.