Texas Fertilizer Plant Explodes

This doesn’t look good at all.

This video is crazy, that was like a bomb!

Holy FUCK!

God damn that’s some scary shit.

WOW

[quote]Kakarat wrote:
WOW[/quote]

All I can think of. Till you think you are at a safe distance away…

“He estimated that between 10 to 15 buildings were demolished and about 50 damaged.”

Must have been a crazy energy release to do that.

Reminds me of that explosion in China

I’m hearing reports of 50 dead… these are preliminary reports so this could be completely inaccurate. 3 dead confirmed

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
I’m hearing reports of 50 dead… these are preliminary reports so this could be completely inaccurate. 3 dead confirmed[/quote]

I wouldn’t doubt the number to be high after such a massive explosion. The people filming to what looked like a very far distance away looked like they got hit with debris. The kid was yelling that he couldn’t hear. Any closer than they were would have resulted in death from the extreme pressure change in the body from the blast.

Fertilizer plants don’t just explode.

AMERICA YOU ARE UNDER ATTACK.

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:

AMERICA YOU ARE UNDER ATTACK.[/quote]

Fertilizer plants don’t just explode?

Don’t start with the panic.

Holy shit that was nuts. More lives lost, how sad.

[quote]Makavali wrote:

Don’t start with the panic.[/quote]

Fertilizers are made with Nitrates which are also used in explosives. Of course there’s potential. But there’s also extreme safety measures to prevent such occurrences.

[quote]XanderBuilt wrote:

[quote]Makavali wrote:

Don’t start with the panic.[/quote]

Fertilizers are made with Nitrates which are also used in explosives. Of course there’s potential. But there’s also extreme safety measures to prevent such occurrences.[/quote]

Safety measures are great and all, but they are not guaranteed to work 100% of the time. We should wait and see what comes out of this.

Need I remind you we’re only 1 day away from the 20th anniversary of the end of the Waco siege.

When I first heard about this explosion and that it occurred in Waco, Texas, I immediately thought of that infamous debacle. No offence to Waco but that’s all that town is known for.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
Holy FUCK![/quote]

X100

I have goosebumps all over my body.

I actually just shuddered.

Shut up.

That video would not have been nearly so chilling if the child’s voice had not been in it.

I love how she takes charge and has to tell her father what to do. I hope my kids are that calm, rational, and commanding if they ever find themselves in such an emergency situation. Wow.

[quote]Cortes wrote:

Shut up. [/quote]

No kidding. The BP oil spill & the Fukishima (sp?) Nuclear plant melt down were both industrial accidents with numerous safety procedures in place. These things still happen. There’s no need to jump to conclusions.

[quote]stefan128 wrote:
This doesn’t look good at all.

This video is crazy, that was like a bomb!

OH MY DAMN!