Texas Children Fighting Back?

Should children and teens be taught to attack intruders, or to run and hide like mice? If they attacked an intruder en masse, maybe more would survive?

http://www.cnn.com/2006/EDUCATION/10/25/defending.the.classroom.ap/index.html

Walmart has Spike on clearance for $4.99 a pack. Not the bottles, but the boxes with 16 tablets in it.

Children must run. They must hide. They must allow themselves to be killed if need be. A criminal’s rights must always be protected.

Just as liberals are concerned that we treat terrorist-killers with kindness and love, we must also treat reg’lar old ‘Merican killers in a way that would make the parents of those murdered children proud. Proud as Americans. Proud that we were nice and gentle to those that did the killin’. After all, it was probably society that make 'em do it (read: Bush)!

If a teacher shoots a nut-job killer, we must outlaw guns. That way only the criminals will have them. This is a good thing, folks. Don’t pay attention to common sense. If you are a liberal you HAVE NO common sense. So ditch it. It’s racits and mean and homophobic and all kinds of other really bad words that you DON’T wanna be called. Sexist too.

If the kids stab the psycho-killer with pencils we need to get rid of pencils, pens, anything that can hurt the psycho-killer. The kids must learn to write with wet sponges. Something that can’t put an eye out or scare someone who wishes to do them harm.

We must allow children who are in school to learn to be slaughtered at will. Passively. And we must ensure the safty of those who wish to slaughter them. We must make them and those who want to protect them completely powerless.

We must also alter all existing laws that allow the government to protect it’s citizens. We must make sure that no deterrent exists that would prevent someone from, say, blowing up a building or…maybe…flying a plane into one.

Make sure that killers and terrorist-killers alike ('specially muslims) know that we love them. And we would never make them stand to long or dip them in tepid water to make them tell us where the next mass execution of Americans may be.

You can ensure all of this if you just vote Democrat in under two weeks!

[quote]Petedacook wrote:
Walmart has Spike on clearance for $4.99 a pack. Not the bottles, but the boxes with 16 tablets in it. [/quote]

Ummm…okay, thanks for that. Do we give it to the children?

Hey, perhaps we could ship the most ferocious kids off to Iraq, to help turn the tide there.

They probably should be checked for asthma first though.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Should children and teens be taught to attack intruders, or to run and hide like mice? If they attacked an intruder en masse, maybe more would survive?

http://www.cnn.com/2006/EDUCATION/10/25/defending.the.classroom.ap/index.html[/quote]

I would say, best for you to continue hiding.
(with your inhaler, of course)

Of course children shouldn’t attack intruders…jeebus.

Let’s see… Who’s going to win?
On the one hand we have a guy who may well be a full grown adult carrying one or more guns. On the other we have 25 kids trained to throw pencils, notebooks and rulers at the gunman’s head. Are we training kids to be heroes or cannon fodder here?

Kids shouldn’t be trained to behave recklessly in situations like this. Leave that to idiots like us.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Should children and teens be taught to attack intruders, or to run and hide like mice? If they attacked an intruder en masse, maybe more would survive?[/quote]

Just what we need: one jihadist strapping a bomb to himself, walking into a school, and having all the children run to him…

I applaud teaching grade-schoolers self-defense/preservation, though.

Um hardly cannon fodder, mabe one or two kids would be killed or injured instead of 10, its kinda of hard to aim a gun and shoot when your being swarmed 25 kids most weighing at least 100lbs. The should pile on top of the gunmen, take the gun and step on his throat till he suffocates.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/EDUCATION/10/25/defending.the.classroom.ap/index.html[/quote]

or they would just make easier targets. Much easier to spray your assault rifle at 20 clustered kids.

Now, as someone else mentioned, teaching kids self-defense is definitely worthwhile, everyone should know how to stop somebody from trying to kick their ass. But when some psycho rolls up with an AK, do you really want your kids charging at him?

Maybe they will change the training to teach the students to form a singe line and stand still so the gunman can get a better shot. After all, actually taking responsibility for your own safety is apparently too dangerous, but setting there and waiting to be the next victim is not.

What retards!

[quote]Lorisco wrote:
Maybe they will change the training to teach the students to form a singe line and stand still so the gunman can get a better shot.[/quote]

Or maybe walk left to right while bobbing their head with their hands in their armpits.

Or maybe they should hide under their desks and randomly pop their head up to see if he’s still there.

Mabye they should all hide in the “Safety Barrel”.

Hey, cool! This is like that 100 People Versus a Bear thread.

We have already established that even one hundred highly motivated and vicious fourth-graders would stand no chance against a Bob Sapp-sized attacker wielding a pair of medieval maces, but against a lone gunman? Hmmm. Maybe if they mobbed him, and stuck their shoes up his butt…

Seriously, though, I do think that children need to be taught to fight, and to resist an attack. So do their teachers.

Any defense would be better than meekly cowering under a desk, or lining up against the wall waiting patiently to be sexually assaulted and shot in the back of the head.

Most of these gunmen are cowardly psychopaths…not trained killers.

They would most likely be unhinged by the kids taking a proactive approach. Surely a group of 10 or 20 could subdue a gunman. Better then being led to slaughter. My son’s school district teaches and active evacuation away from the gunmen. It’s a good policy. Tactically sound.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

Any defense would be better than meekly cowering under a desk, or lining up against the wall waiting patiently to be sexually assaulted and shot in the back of the head.[/quote]

Yes. Teach them to scatter and scream, might be better than rushing him. That’s still better than sitting there, waiting your turn to die.

Man, the world sure has changed. All we were taught was to hide under our desks if the nukes were coming. Yeah, I’m that old…

[quote]lucasa wrote:
Lorisco wrote:
Maybe they will change the training to teach the students to form a singe line and stand still so the gunman can get a better shot.

Or maybe walk left to right while bobbing their head with their hands in their armpits.

Or maybe they should hide under their desks and randomly pop their head up to see if he’s still there.

Mabye they should all hide in the “Safety Barrel”.[/quote]

“Safety Barrel”, that is too funny!

The problem is that apparently Texas is not able to connect the dots between a man with a gun in a school and the obvious consequence.

Man + gun + school + holding children hostage = children shot

Apparently common sense is not on the curriculum in Texas.

You people scare me…

If you wanna beat the shit out of someone whose OBVIOUSLY trying to kill you, go the fuck ahead.

Just because he walked through the airport with a turban and a shaving razor, doesn’t mean he was trying to kill anyone.

I respect the right of the innocent who have not been proved guilty. The obviously guilty can go to hell for all I care.

And if someone comes to school with a gun, your asking kids to take charge and try to organize an enmass attack? Are you insane?

It’s not about “protecting” the shooter. Its about protecting the kids. They have a better chance at life if they run. 40 people who run at a man with a loaded machine gun are going to at least be mowed down to half.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
You people scare me…

If you wanna beat the shit out of someone whose OBVIOUSLY trying to kill you, go the fuck ahead.

Just because he walked through the airport with a turban and a shaving razor, doesn’t mean he was trying to kill anyone.

I respect the right of the innocent who have not been proved guilty. The obviously guilty can go to hell for all I care.

And if someone comes to school with a gun, your asking kids to take charge and try to organize an enmass attack? Are you insane?

It’s not about “protecting” the shooter. Its about protecting the kids. They have a better chance at life if they run. 40 people who run at a man with a loaded machine gun are going to at least be mowed down to half.

[/quote]

You poor, dumb fuck. Would you at least stand for us asking the razor toting turban wearer a few questions before letting him aboard a plane? Or is that that violating his human rights?

I tend to believe that he’s gonna get over that horrible invasion of his privacy someday. But when the plane goes down and they kill 5,000 people on the ground somewhere. Well, that may take a bit longer to get over.

'Course, you and the rest of the liberal fucks ARE over it and are now focused on how to weaken defense, strengthen those who would kill us, and generally do whatever common sense tells you NOT to do.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
You people scare me…

[/quote]

I don’t believe we are advocating dangerous activity. We are advocating ACTION! Whatever the best action at the time is; run, fight, etc. Just sitting there, like most liberals’ advocate will just mean the gunman will get a better shot.

So I’m saying that they should be trained to take action, not just sit there and die.

[quote]Hack Wilson wrote:

'Course, you and the rest of the liberal fucks ARE over it and are now focused on how to weaken defense, strengthen those who would kill us, and generally do whatever common sense tells you NOT to do.[/quote]

As you know, technically the exact oppostite is true. (one of the best reasons for you to vote democratic is to fix the 3 republican problems you mentioned.)