Testosterone

Here’s a brain buster for you. Would people who have higher testosterone levels be able to put on size quicker than those with lower levels of T? Would this be the answer to why certain people can gain size so much quicker than others? Also what are the disadvantages to taking drugs that increase your testosterone levels such as Tribex 500 at an early age of say 16 or 17?
Thanks for the help.

Answer #1: Duh.

Answer #2: Teens have reported good results with T-boosters, but I'd guess those older would get better results. There's no health danger however with stuff like Tribex because it gets you to "high normal" not above normal where probs can occur. Steroids and young teens do not mix however. I wouldn't suggest MAG-10 for those under 18 either.

Thats only 1 small piece of the puzzle. There’s many many other genetic variables besides T. As far as tribex, at 44 I’ve had benefits with use but most younger users are disapointed or unimpressed, I believe because it cann’t boost T much beyond optimal or high normal levels and teens already usually have high natural levels of T - but it usually slowly dwindles from there so that guys my age start to have much lower levels of T than when were teens and Tribex can help restore that optimal level in us old guys.

Tek, dont be so quick to judge the first question. In fact many people with high test levels will have tremendous difficulty adding mass naturally if their cortisol is also too high. The T:C ratio is more important than simply having high test levels, and someone with low test can in fact be a mass monster if their cortisol is next to nothing.

Good points, guys.

Good points Huck. Why don’t you follow it up further and give the “normal” ranges for T and C as well as what a good ratio would be? I don’t think I have seen that published before.

Hello.

Sorry bumpers, Ive been away from the pc a bit, The “normal” range for cortisol taken via blood sample first thing in the morning is 4 mcg/dl to 19 mcg/dl. While cortisol is considered by many to be the enemy we obviously need some cortisol to maintain normal bodily functions, including healing. Excessive cortisol is obviously where the problem lies, and what would cause the ratio with T to be too high. As anyone can calculate with simple division, a small increase in C above normal ranges can profoundly affect it’s ratio to T. While I have no scientific data to back this up and I doubt anyone would ever waste time and resources to study muscle gain (solely) for the purpose of adding excessive muscle mass, my belief is that people who are gifted anough to have C down near the bottom of that range are the ones who can easily gain size no matter how they train, eat, etc. regardless of anabolic useage. Chances are they will enjoy a much healthier life overall than their counterparts with high (or too high) levels of C.

Very interesting Huck. Its always nice to hear some new theories. I am having my T and C tested as part of a normal blood test in 2 weeks. It will be interesting to see how I come out…esp. since I am 56!

avoids, keep the group informed on your testing. I never really looked into it because I assume it’s expensive, I use my own symptoms as a guide to the status, such as bloating in the face, more fat around the mid-section, stale-ness in the weight room, and take appropriate measures.

How would one go about reducing cortisol levels if they were in fact too high?