Testosterone Turning into DHT

Probiotic will not help that, but may still be needed.

This may help: http://www.metamucil.com/

Next Tuesday my new doc had an opening so I’ll be going in for all baseline lab work. I’ve been off the T cream for two weeks on Tuesday. Will this give me body time to get true readings? And, is it wise after the results to wait until I get back in the country to begin the injections? I will be out of the country for three weeks.

As of today, have been taking the following for three months:
5000iu of D3
Multi-Vitamin with 150mcg iodine

CoQ10 for two weeks.
Statin for six months, every other day for high cholesterol.

After two weeks you will not be fully recovered to the end state. We know that PCT would improve the outcome.

Just posted new panels although they forgot to draw DHT and Thyroid labs in which I’ll have to call and have them drawn in the next day or two. Any advice before starting injections in a few weeks would be greatly appreciated.

New labs are ordered for the missing TSH and DHT from updated lab posts.

KSman - what vitamin D did you say was at Wal-Mart that you recommended? I can find it in previous posts?

txrunner22, where in Texas are you? Could you please PM me the dr’s info?

They have 5,000iu tiny oil caps. Very inexpensive. Other pharmacy chains may have similar at this point.

Never saw where you got prolactin tested. If you are still having the ED issues you should definitely get that checked.

Final TSH/DHT tests arrived and like clockwork they messed them up. Drawing station tested T4/T3 instead of fT3/fT4. So tired of dealing with these people. Anyway, have posted below and in addition have updated first posts on previous bloodwork.

Will be starting injections this weekend unless there is any objections to getting fT3/fT4 before beginning? Also, my DHT has bottomed out after getting off the cream which my last day was before Thanksgiving. Does this mean I’m an over-responder to just the cream?

TSH - 2.28 (0.45 - 4.50)
T4 - 5.6 (4.5 - 12.0)
T3 - 86 (71 - 180)
DHT - 15 (Low)

How could DHT be high when there is no range specified?

My take on this is that your are thyroid hypo based on labs and based on reported body temperatures. I think that you are iodine deficient. See the post “Thyroid Basics” [which I have requested be made into a sticky.

Your high dose of T cream and poor T response is expected with hypothyroidism. Your high dose of cream also may explain your higher DHT.

The DHT tests don’t have ranges at Labcorp apparently. On my first DHT the range said “High” with score of 171 on Oct. 31st, and second test the range said “Low” with recent score of 15. I will begin iodine replacement per your post. Recently have been using more iodized salt and will continue.

If there isn’t anything you think needs to be done before beginning injections, I will begin this weekend?

Thanks again for all your help and support on this site. It has been a great learning curve with tons of useful information.

Dihydrotestosterone (DHT)

Normal Ranges: Male: 30?85 mg/dl; Female: 4?22 mg/dl

Just picked up everything from pharmacy for first injections. My question is since my E2 came back at 15, should I wait a week or two before beginning anastrozole? And when I do begin, I can’t find the information on dissolving in vodka?(How many, how much, etc.?) Looks like it will be hard to split into two doses with it being so small.

Kinda nervous…but excited too!

To dissolve, you will want a dropper bottle. Some health food shops may sell these. Dissolve 1mg tablet per 1mm vodka. Will have solids for the pill fillers. Shake when dispensing. Do not refrigerate. Mix whatever quantity you wish. Somehow count the drops per ml, then do the math for number of drops per dose. If 28 drops per ml, 8 drops EOD would be 1mg/week.

Ok, great! So begin the anastrozole, since my E2 is 15? My bottle of T says 200mg/10ml then underneath in parantheses, (200mg/ml). So I’m injecting .5ml twice per week, correct?

At 200mg/ml for 100mg/week, inject 0.25mg twice per week. On an insulin syringe that will be “25”.

On my script it says inject 1ml per week intramuscularly. So he prescribed 200mg per week which is double the recommended dose that this site recommends?

Someone might be confused with 200mg/ml concentration.

If 200mg/ml inject 0.5ml per week or 0.25 twice a week

If 100mg/ml inject 1.0mg per week or 0.5 twice a week.

Thanks again KSman…you are truly a blessing for everyone! I’ve read and read and see that there is a difference in intramuscular and SQ? I’m using 18 gauge to draw and 25 gauge 1" to inject intramuscular. On the vial it says intramuscular only. So, my question is can you inject SQ with the vial that says intramuscular only? And, based on opinion has the SQ injections been as beneficial as intramuscular?

My first injection has made my IT band extremely tight. I’m a four day a week runner with maintenance on weights to stay tone. I’m hoping this will pass as this was my first injection.

Injected T is T esters dissolved in oil. When injects, the ‘deposit’ slowly gets absorbed and there are various processes in the body that remove the ester group to yield testosterone. So this is a time release system for bio-identical testosterone.

SC injections take longer to be absorbed than IM, so is thus a better time release method that has lower peaks and shallower troughs. In any case, 100% of the injected T with SC or IM is absorbed.

I started injecting SC many years ago with insulin needles. There is absolutely no need to do what you are doing. Many are doing SC and with the small volumes involved with injecting twice a week or more often, SC works very well.

The product literature is FDA approved and cannot be changed unless one does clinical trials to verify that SC is effective. As T is generic, there is no incentive for anyone to do this needed work.

A few years ago, a Canadian group found that guys injecting once a week did better with SC VS IM.

Note that transdermal T goes through the skin and T pellets are SC.

Note that sticking needles into muscles for a life time will cause scarring.