T Nation

Testosterone to Blame for Financial Crisis

‘Is testosterone to blame for the financial crisis?’

That’s the headline from Scientific American about new research that suggests a correlation between high levels of testosterone and risky financial gambits.

“Long-term, above-average testosterone levels may perhaps eventually lead to irrational risk-taking, and thus lower profits,” said Anna Dreber, a co-author of the study. “This is maybe what we see today.”

http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2008/09/is-testosterone.html

Full Article:

http://www.sciam.com/blog/60-second-science/post.cfm?id=is-testosterone-to-blame-for-the-fi-2008-09-30&loc=interstitialskip

I’m not taking anyones opinion on the effects of Testostostone on both history and society from ANYONE…except TC!

Mufasa

What a shock, writen by a woman. I am sure she has also done studies on financial decisions made while on the rag or in menopause (sp?).

Study of students (read young males) coralates to the old white haired bastards on wall street how? How many CEOs or high level investors have high testosterone levels? Doesn’t stress decrease testosterone? Seems those risking and loosing may have decreased testosterone. Do they then miraculously change into a prudent investors?

[quote]dhickey wrote:
What a shock, writen by a woman. I am sure she has also done studies on financial decisions made while on the rag or in menopause (sp?).[/quote]

That would be offensive. Don’t you see? Especially if a man wrote it.

[quote]
Study of students (read young males) coralates to the old white haired bastards on wall street how? How many CEOs or high level investors have high testosterone levels? Doesn’t stress decrease testosterone? Seems those risking and loosing may have decreased testosterone. Do they then miraculously change into a prudent investors?[/quote]

…zactly. Most fund managers & traders I know look like they have a serious aromatase problem.

Personally, I think we should be testing Pelosi for steroid abuse.

…More like BOTOX abuse…!

Mufasa

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
…More like BOTOX abuse…!

Mufasa[/quote]

Slick her hair back, make her wear a Raiders jacket, and you could not tell her apart from Al Davis.

What we have is an obvious lack of testosterone among the dems in the congress. How else can you explain all those so called men giving power to Pelosi? They all need to be jabbed with a fully loaded syringe.

[quote]katzenjammer wrote:
dhickey wrote:
What a shock, writen by a woman. I am sure she has also done studies on financial decisions made while on the rag or in menopause (sp?).

That would be offensive. Don’t you see? Especially if a man wrote it.

Study of students (read young males) coralates to the old white haired bastards on wall street how? How many CEOs or high level investors have high testosterone levels? Doesn’t stress decrease testosterone? Seems those risking and loosing may have decreased testosterone. Do they then miraculously change into a prudent investors?

…zactly. Most fund managers & traders I know look like they have a serious aromatase problem.

Personally, I think we should be testing Pelosi for steroid abuse.
[/quote]

I have also read the gay men typically have higher levels of testosteron than straight men. Maybe it’s the fags that brought down wall street? We’ve pretty much kept them from getting married, maybe we should take away their etrade accounts?

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
‘Is testosterone to blame for the financial crisis?’

That’s the headline from Scientific American about new research that suggests a correlation between high levels of testosterone and risky financial gambits.

“Long-term, above-average testosterone levels may perhaps eventually lead to irrational risk-taking, and thus lower profits,” said Anna Dreber, a co-author of the study. “This is maybe what we see today.”

http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2008/09/is-testosterone.html

Full Article:

http://www.sciam.com/blog/60-second-science/post.cfm?id=is-testosterone-to-blame-for-the-fi-2008-09-30&loc=interstitialskip

[/quote]

The Scientific American editors are imbeciles nowadays. My dad collected every issue dating back to the 1970s, and you can see the decline.

Anna Dreber sounds like a man-hating bitch.

PRCD- I agree. We always had it in the house when I was growing up. I subscribed myself when I got older. I cancelled in the mid-90’s when I thought the same thing…

Oh give me a fucking break! This is too stupid to even spend time reading!

LOLOLOL

This made my day!

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Mufasa wrote:
…More like BOTOX abuse…!

Mufasa

Slick her hair back, make her wear a Raiders jacket, and you could not tell her apart from Al Davis. [/quote]

HahahahaHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Oh jesus christ… my sides… they hurt…

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

hahahah I thought about posting this up here.

Glad someone did.

Unfuckingbelievable…