T Nation

Testosterone Supp. Question

I have started taking a supplement from GNC called T3. After talking to some of the wiser than me’s they have said that my body can come to rely on it instead of producing its own Testosterone. Is there any truth to this?

Depends upon what’s in it. But, given that it’s still legal to purchase, I doubt there are any ingredients that will negativly affect your testosterone production.

These testosterone boosting supplements work because they increase the bodies’ own mechanisms for testosterone production.

The reason steroids shut you down is because you are putting external hormones into your body. Through various mechanisms (dosages, degrees of androgen receptor binding, etc.), your body thinks that there is enough T, and thus stops producing it’s own. That’s the Cliff notes version, and I’ll be the first to admit there are many more people on here who are more knowledgable on steroids, so hopefully I haven’t made a fool of myself. :wink:

However, it is a good idea to take a break from all supplements every once in awhile. Not so much for fear of shutting down your T production in this case, but more so your body doesn’t build up a tolerance to whatever is in it (that is if the ingredients do build up tolerance).

Anyways, I’ll end this long ramble now. Hope some of it was coherent.