Testosterone Shirt Reactions

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
lol i always these tiny guys at the gym with logbooks doing the weirdest shit. and i think, i bet that guy posts on T-Nation.

pot, kettle?[/quote]

except A) im not tiny B) i dont use a logbook C) im not doing 1 legged jump-squat presses.

[quote]cjr1 wrote:
One time I was walking home from class wearing my testosterone t-shirt and this huge guy who I had never seen before yelled “Yeah! T-Nation baby!” and gave me a high five. That was sweet.[/quote]

Every time I wear the shirt I PRAY that this happens to me.

I guarantee you couldn’t piss me off that day after this happens.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
lol i always these tiny guys at the gym with logbooks doing the weirdest shit. and i think, i bet that guy posts on T-Nation.

pot, kettle?

except A) im not tiny B) i dont use a logbook C) im not doing 1 legged jump-squat presses.[/quote]

wtf is wrong with having a logbook…

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:

pot, kettle?

except A) im not tiny B) i dont use a logbook C) im not doing 1 legged jump-squat presses.

[/quote]

It’s best just to ignore him.

LiveFromThe781 wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:

pot, kettle?

[/quote]

Too expensive and his mother would probably burn it for heat anyway.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:

pot, kettle?

Too expensive and his mother would probably burn it for heat anyway.[/quote]

Might remind people of the whole “need to progress” thing, too.

My logbook says “beat me” on it (yes, in english, am I cool or am I cool?)

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
reneeweimer wrote:

My mom asks really goofy questions about everything weight-lifting related. She keeps warning me about the evils of deadlifts…

Tonight, I got the “Oh! You’re going to damage your baby-making equipment!” from my mom.

[/quote]

That was the very excuse they used to ban all female contact sports back in the thirties and forties.

LiveFromThe781 wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:

pot, kettle?

[/quote]

theres nothing “wrong” with it.

i read this Shugart blog though…yea Shugart, and he was talking about intensity and how he kept seeing the biggest baddest motherfuckers at the gym who didnt do any fancy shit and didnt even use a logbook (crazy right?) but what they had was animal tenacity to get shit done. it was the same at my gym too, no big guy ever used a book.

the other reason is because i like to feel in touch with my body. you can feel out whats working, what isnt, and just how you should train in general. i think it puts you in a much better tune not having one, but honestly after using one for so long it got wierd not having it anymore for a little bit but then i just got used to it and i like it now. i can keep track of everything mentally and it works out just fine.

the other thing is that numbers can mess with your head. ok so maybe you didnt move up a couple reps higher this week or didnt add 5 more lbs. maybe its because youve had a stressful week or just some other minor thing like channging the order of your exercises. you may think oh no im getting weaker, im not improving, and just add more stress.

theres also only so much you can do on a day. guess what, regardless of what youre logbook said you did last week you can only go as hard today as you can and if means you arent breaking numbers then thats what it is.

just train as hard as you can everday and be honest with yourself and listen to yourself. you dont need a logbook to tell you need to train harder you should be able to gauge by your fatigue.

Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:

pot, kettle?

i read this Shugart blog though…yea Shugart, and he was talking about intensity and how he kept seeing the biggest baddest motherfuckers at the gym who didnt do any fancy shit and didnt even use a logbook (crazy right?) but what they had was animal tenacity to get shit done. it was the same at my gym too, no big guy ever used a book.

the other reason is because i like to feel in touch with my body. you can feel out whats working, what isnt, and just how you should train in general. i think it puts you in a much better tune not having one, but honestly after using one for so long it got wierd not having it anymore for a little bit but then i just got used to it and i like it now. i can keep track of everything mentally and it works out just fine.

the other thing is that numbers can mess with your head. ok so maybe you didnt move up a couple reps higher this week or didnt add 5 more lbs. maybe its because youve had a stressful week or just some other minor thing like channging the order of your exercises. you may think oh no im getting weaker, im not improving, and just add more stress.

theres also only so much you can do on a day. guess what, regardless of what youre logbook said you did last week you can only go as hard today as you can and if means you arent breaking numbers then thats what it is.

just train as hard as you can everday and be honest with yourself and listen to yourself. you dont need a logbook to tell you need to train harder you should be able to gauge by your fatigue.[/quote]

Don’t give training advice.

[quote]NateOrade wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:

pot, kettle?

just train as hard as you can everday and be honest with yourself and listen to yourself. you dont need a logbook to tell you need to train harder you should be able to gauge by your fatigue.

Don’t give training advice.[/quote]

cool, cause i actually get paid to do it. =P

NateOrade wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:

pot, kettle?

[/quote]

Paid so much you still live with your mom right?

[quote]NateOrade wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
NateOrade wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:

pot, kettle?

Paid so much you still live with your mom right?[/quote]

wow, sick burn. i just got the job and im 20. not exactly the typical age for people to move out at, especially when the economys down the shitter.

wow, sick burn. i just got the job and im 20. not exactly the typical age for people to move out at, especially when the economys down the shitter.
[/quote]

True. You should have moved out two years ago. Quit whining about the economy you bitch.

[quote]NateOrade wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:

True. You should have moved out two years ago. Quit whining about the economy you bitch.
[/quote]

whos whining? me? or you, the person who keeps complaining that im 20 and live at home. i havent complained once about it, but you cant stop bringing it up. get off my dick fanboy.

NateOrade wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:

whos whining? me? or you, the person who keeps complaining that im 20 and live at home. i havent complained once about it, but you cant stop bringing it up. get off my dick fanboy.[/quote]

I’m not complaining I think it’s funny. BTW it’s past your bedtime.

[quote]NateOrade wrote:
I’m not complaining I think it’s funny. BTW it’s past your bedtime.[/quote]

I think it’s funny he can’t afford heating but he can spend truckloads of cash on designer clothing.

He clearly knows his priorities.

Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:

pot, kettle?

just train as hard as you can everday and be honest with yourself and listen to yourself. you dont need a logbook to tell you need to train harder you should be able to gauge by your fatigue.[/quote]

Man, what an eye-opener.

You should talk to Dante Trudel and his trainees immediately.
I’m sure that if they’d just done it your way, their journey to the superheavies would have been just as fast, but so much less stressful !

Nah, seriously dude :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

LiveFromThe781 wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:

pot, kettle?

Man, what an eye-opener.

You should talk to Dante Trudel and his trainees immediately.
I’m sure that if they’d just done it your way, their journey to the superheavies would have been just as fast, but so much less stressful !

Nah, seriously dude ;P[/quote]

if you train as hard as you have to on DC with or without a logbook youre still going to make progress. do you think you gain size and strength through magically writing down what you did? if you train hard you will grow, its that simple.

like i said, like Shugart said, most the big guys dont even use em. im not advocating whether you do or dont, it doesnt make a difference to me. im just saying that people have been getting huge without them for years, i mean when was the last time you saw the Olympia winner training with a logbook?

[quote]jtg987 wrote:
i generally wear my Testosterone shirt when doing cardio because its big and comfortable to wear while doing treadmill work, this isn’t the first time I’ve worn this shirt.

Today at gym mainly from the older males while doing my cardio I could see the older men 40+ reading my shirt then either greasing me off or shaking their head in almost disappointment. Does anyone else get these kind of reactions?

I’m not complaining I just found it interesting the older males who were generally out of shape and either fat or skinny fat were the ones who had a ‘problem’ with this t-shirt.

Anyone have any interesting stories when representing T-Nation in the general public?[/quote]

How much did Biotest pay you to create this thread? I never thought to buy a tee shirt until now - after seeing that it may annoy some I now want one. I’m placing a tee shirt order when my Flameout gets low again…anyone else?

[quote]NateOrade wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:

[/quote]

That was sweet. Thanks Nate. 20 is not that age you move out? Ashamed is all I can think when I read that statement.