Testosterone Shirt Reactions

i generally wear my Testosterone shirt when doing cardio because its big and comfortable to wear while doing treadmill work, this isn’t the first time I’ve worn this shirt.

Today at gym mainly from the older males while doing my cardio I could see the older men 40+ reading my shirt then either greasing me off or shaking their head in almost disappointment. Does anyone else get these kind of reactions?

I’m not complaining I just found it interesting the older males who were generally out of shape and either fat or skinny fat were the ones who had a ‘problem’ with this t-shirt.

Anyone have any interesting stories when representing T-Nation in the general public?

Same story here, but I’m a female. So they get really weirded out with mine. I need to buy a couple more.

My mom asks really goofy questions about everything weight-lifting related. She keeps warning me about the evils of deadlifts & says I’m going to get too big. I’m just getting smaller!! Much smaller & stronger! She thinks testosterone is evil.

AH ha ha ha ha!!

lol ~ Renee

Wasn’t there a thread about this a while back?

Anyway, I wear my Testosterone shirt to the gym all the time. Nobody really seems to give me any looks or say anything about it there. However, I have gotten some weird looks when I’ve worn it at work, so I’ve decided to not wear it there anymore.

The one time someone made a comment to me about it, she said something like, “What does your shirt say? ‘Testosterone’?”

And I said, "No, you’re reading it wrong. It’s an Italian word for a new type of pasta that’s available. It’s pronounced, “Test-ost-er-onE’. You know, like Riceroni”

If you guys have read “The Atomic Dog” by TC, you would understand why this society is more estrogenic and dull!!!

[quote]AngryVader wrote:

Anyway, I wear my Testosterone shirt to the gym all the time. Nobody really seems to give me any looks or say anything about it there. However, I have gotten some weird looks when I’ve worn it at work, so I’ve decided to not wear it there anymore.

The one time someone made a comment to me about it, she said something like, “What does your shirt say? ‘Testosterone’?”

And I said, "No, you’re reading it wrong. It’s an Italian word for a new type of pasta that’s available. It’s pronounced, “Test-ost-er-onE’. You know, like Riceroni”

[/quote]

Thanks AV now I know how to reply to those fucked up questions by the narrow minded people…

[quote]reneeweimer wrote:

My mom asks really goofy questions about everything weight-lifting related. She keeps warning me about the evils of deadlifts… [/quote]

Tonight, I got the “Oh! You’re going to damage your baby-making equipment!” from my mom.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:

[/quote]

yeah there was I’m pretty sure or a similar one. Lol I’ve worn it walking into work to get something(work retail)…they all expect it by now i guess. At first they thought I was weird, now they think I’m some nutrition guru after one went too a nutrition and a subject of debate at work a couple of weeks ago came up and the nutritionist agreed with what I said. Was to do with the amount of eggs I eat and why

ive been wearing it to the gym… ppl always stare. the gym superviser came over and had a big discussion with me about it, asking leading questionings to try and make me admit to steroid use so he cud kick me out. i ripped him to shreds. then in the same session, he asked y was i going so low on squats… i said

“to raise testostorone so i dont have to resort to roids” :stuck_out_tongue:

No one says anything to me, except the Polish guys mentioned that I’ve got the right idea with the shirt.

:slight_smile:

I don’t have a Testosterone shirt, but whenever I wear my T-Nation shirt with the normal TS logo, I always get people asking what the hell it is. I try not to get into specifics and just say “Oh, it’s a site I order vitamins and stuff from.” That usually segways the conversation well.

im gonna have to get me one of these t-shirts

but then again there is a 150lb dude where a “im not taking steroids but thanks for asking” T-shirt i can’t top that

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
Tonight, I got the “Oh! You’re going to damage your baby-making equipment!” from my mom.
[/quote]

One answer might be: But Mom, don’t you know that cleaning, squatting & jerking leads to makin’ babies?

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
reneeweimer wrote:

My mom asks really goofy questions about everything weight-lifting related. She keeps warning me about the evils of deadlifts…

[/quote]

my effing word what did you say to your mother in reply?

It’s a good thing it was your mother not mine, you were probably kinder than I would have been… I cannot stand people saying crap like that as if I exist for the express purpose of bearing children.

those older males need to pick up their balls from where they left them, or ask their wives if they can have them back

wore mine to a strip club for a bachelor party and one stripper commented on it.

last week I was at a bar and this girl wanted a pic of the shirt.

besides that not much else

i dont have a testosterone shirt.

but i wear a lot of shirts that could be percieved as different, awesome, or womanizing. no one ever says anything unless its nice shirt dude, whered you get that, or does that say bon jovi? and for the record, no it doesnt say bon jovi damn it.

[quote]sluicy wrote:
pushmepullme wrote:
reneeweimer wrote:

My mom asks really goofy questions about everything weight-lifting related. She keeps warning me about the evils of deadlifts…

It’s a good thing it was your mother not mine, you were probably kinder than I would have been… I cannot stand people saying crap like that as if I exist for the express purpose of bearing children.
[/quote]

ummm yes it is. the whole purpose of life is to pass it on. its the whole reason anyone does anything, at least from a mans perspective. why do we want good jobs? so we can buy useless shit (fancy house, clothes, cars, etc), why do want useless shit? to impress women. why do we want to impress women? so we can have sex with them.

now im a narcicisstic, cocky son of a bitch, but at least im not arrogant enough to glorify my own existence as anything more than to reproduce.

The guy at GNC told me “You’ve got balls for wearing that shirt, man”

After the last thread popped up, I started looking for reactions whenever I wore the shirt (which is pretty frequently), and I haven’t really noticed anything.

I do remember Push saying something about wearing the shirt in big busy places such as stadiums and air ports, and now I do that to try to find some Testosterone brothers (or sisters).

[quote]SSC wrote:
I don’t have a Testosterone shirt, but whenever I wear my T-Nation shirt with the normal TS logo, I always get people asking what the hell it is. I try not to get into specifics and just say “Oh, it’s a site I order vitamins and stuff from.” That usually segways the conversation well.[/quote]

All I can say is what an avatar SSC! I’m jealous.

In a belated attempt to avoid a highjack, I suggest you have that made into a tee shirt and wear it to the gym.

[quote]sluicy wrote:
pushmepullme wrote:
reneeweimer wrote:

[/quote]

I just remind her that the stronger I get, the less likely I am to injure myself doing day to day normal people things…like birthin’ babies.

My sister in law is a world-class triathlete, skinny but strong. Size 0 is too big for her. Anyway, when she gave birth to my niece, it was like, 3 hours and no drugs, all natural. Why such a good labor for a woman who was told her hips were too narrow for childbirth? Excellent physical conditioning.

Anyway. /hijack. Nice shirt.