Testosterone Replacement

So, I’ve been following the protocol for two weeks. Obviously too soon to feel better. However, I noticed this weekend that I am sleeping better than I have in years. Am I imagining this or is it a from the T?

Could use some help from those on TRT IM

I have been on TRT IM for the past 7 months. Taking 200mg of Test Cyp a week, 50 units of hcg twice a week and one tab of Anastrolzol once a week. ( i forget the dose but its low for EB) my Test level is around 1300 and my estrogen level is around 16.

I have noticed for quite some time now my testicles i believe have gotten smaller and definentely refuse to hang at all and often go up inside especially when i get a hard on.

I have spoken to the doc about it and he says that shouldnt be occuring from what I am taking and advised i am already taking plenty of hcg which should be keeping the testicles in line. Even the volume of my load has decreased and it doesnt really shoot anymore.

I go to a clinic because my normal doc refuses to treat me.

Please help! What can I do? Where can I go for help? Thank you. Sorry I am a first time poster

You should post a new thread with this information. You are basically hijacking someone else’s thread.

What you are experiencing is normal, and in my opinion your TRT dose is too high, depending on your test times, and your hcg, IMO, is too low.

Read the stickies about what information is important and start your own thread - you will get solid advice.

jbarbs

50iu hCG twice a week is not enough. 250iu hCG EOD is a replacement dose for LH. You are taking about 1/9th of what you need.

Are you talking 50 iu of hCG or “50iu” on an insulin syringe.

hCG is typically 1000iu/ml. Then 250iu would be “25” on an insulin syringe.

Please start your own thread.

I’ve been taking 25mg of ioderal for 45 days. Very small improvements in oral body temps. Any suggestions on how to proceed?

@Ksman I notice youa asking folks about accidents or major incidents in the past. I was in a very serious skiing accident which resulted in spinal cord damage and a permanent limp due to muscle weakness and atrophy. I was in a rehab center for six months. Had several back surgeries with an abundance of hardware. This was 20+ years ago. What does this have to do with anything now?

UPDATE:

I’ve been on the TRT protocol for 41/2 weeks. I’ve seen a good increase in libido. Better stamina in the gym. Still have a general lack of energy and motivation. No morning wood yet. Does this seem within the normal limits? Thanks.

Typically morning wood is associated with dopamine sensitivity and levels while nocturnal erections are associated more directly with T and E levels.

You indicated that your libido is good. When the time comes, are you able to get an erection and perform? If so, I wouldn’t worry about morning wood.

If it’s important to you, I would suggest looking into optimizing your dopamine sensitivity.

Never had a problem with ED. And I would say my libido is better, but not quite where I want it yet. I thought morning wood was an indication that the TRT was doing its job. Anyway, how much longer before I start to feel more energy and more motivation? Thanks.

If iodine is not working we need to look at thyroid lab work now that iodine deficiency is ruled out.

fT3 regulates metabolism and body temperature. fT3 can be low and/or rT3 is blocking fT3.
See the thyroid sticky again.

Labs:
TSH
fT3
fT4
rT3

At some point, some may need to test for thyroid antibodies.

New TRT labs soon?
Summarize TRT protocol at that time.

My doc does not have a specific timetable with regards to doing TRT lab work. Outside of PSA and CBC being done every 6 months, he leaves the other testing open to how the patient is feeling. Pretty much said that as long as all is well, no need to test levels. Also said the earliest it’s worth checking is 6 weeks. So I’m still two weeks away from that point. If you think it’s necessary, I’ll request the TRT lab work along with the thyroid stuff. If I do the TRT lab work, I need to schedule it between injections…correct?

Routine TRT labs:
TT
FT
E2
CBC w hematocrit
AST/ALT
PSA
TSH
AM Cortisol if energy lacking
TSH
fT3
fT4
rT3

Yes, between injections.

We want to see if TRT has created any problems with RBC and HTC

Sorry to be so dense, but could someone explain how cortisol levels affect energy levels. Also, what can be done to control cortisol if it’s elevated? Thanks.

@Hostile… Not trying to hijack a thread but since you touched on it in here… Can you elaborate on optimizing dopamine sensitivity and how MW is an indicator, or is there a sticky on that?

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Natural_Dopamine_Increasers.aspx

Thyroid controls body temperature and energy levels hour to hour. Cortisol controls energy levels minute to minute. Stress is a major factor of elevated cortisol. But stress can wear out the adrenals and later cortisol levels can be too low. Too much caffeine is a problem as well as been an adrenalin junkie.

How are your energy levels? How do you feel? What changes?

Dopamine: I have seen a pattern with some guys who simply have some mood issues when the typical steroid hormones are good. Also need to be looking at cortisol and thyroid issues. I have often suggested Wellbutrin to see if that helps and it does not have negative sexual side effects and does not have the big issues with SSRI’s. Wellbutrin/Bupropion can be quite affordable. If you need a sleep aid, trazodone is very effective and inexpensive and also has some AD effects. It was an AD med that failed because is makes people drowsy; not its mostly Rx for sleep.

I had a significant stress event in my late 20’s. I’m sure my adrenals got a workout. My energy levels are gradually coming back since I started TRT. I sleep like crap and have always assumed that my poor sleeping habits were the major contributing factor to my decreased energy and motivation. I drink 2-3 cups of coffee/day. Not the strong Starbucks type. All pretty mild home brew stuff.

Sleep:

Ask for a trial of trazodone. Comes in 150mg, scored for 50 and 75 mg pieces.
Start at 50mg, and work up to 75 as body accommodates.
Also melatonin 5-6mg time release melatonin, must be time release.
Vitamin C can help at bed time as well as magnesium supplement.

Thanks. I think I’ll try the melatonin and magnesium before embarking on another rx.

Quick update. I’m feeling much better. Libido is as high as it was in college! I’ve gained 6lbs and not one ounce around my waist. I have not had any follow up lab work. Should I go ahead and pay out of pocket for some tests or is it unnecessary based on how I’m feeling? My doc is a big fan of saliva testing for hormones. I know this is frowned upon by some on this forum. He explained that the hormones found in saliva are a better indicator of the actual bioavailabile hormones?? Anyway, I appreciate all the contributors to this forum.