Testosterone Replacement

Please read these stickies:

• advice for new guys
  • things that damage your hormones
  • finding a TRT doc <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Ok, finally got my prescriptions. Doc wants me to take 200mg of test cyp/week. Does that seem like too much? My saliva test showed low free T. 34 with a range of 48-144 for my age.

FT ranges vary greatly by the lab used.

That is too much T and E2 management would be all the more critical.

I’m also taking anastrozole 1mg/week. Can I take the 200mg/week for a short time to get my levels up then go yo 100mg/week? Or should I start with 100mg/week from the beginning? Will also be taking 1000 iu’s of HcG/week

1mg /week will be OK for T 100mg/week and insufficient for 200mg/week unless you are an anastrozole over-responder and then you would take 1/4th the expected dose.

Front loading servers no purpose. It takes a few weeks for things to start to work well.

Thanks. I’m gonna go with 100mg/week of the test.

I apologize for staring a new thread. I’ve been taking 25mg of ioderal for several weeks. I don’t feel any better. I just started TRT and know that I will feel better in a few weeks. How will I know when I’ve taken enough iodine? Is it simply by taking body temps again? Thanks.

Body temps are a good measure of overall thyroid function. You should have been monitoring.

This is also a balance of fT3 and rT3.
Sometimes iodine cannot fix a low metabolic rate.

If you have taken 25mg for a month, switch to a maintenance dose. 6.25mg per week will work.

Have you read the protocol for injections thread?
Do you know how to access the old stickies?
[look at 2nd post in this forum’s sticky]

I’m following the injection protocol exactly. I have read all the stickies and will go back a re-read the one you suggested. I was under the impression that once I loaded up on iodine, I could then get by with the amount found in my multi vit/multi mineral supplement. I know I haven’t been taking the ioderal long enough. I just figured the effects of the T will make me feel better so I won’t be able to tell if the IR worked. Now I know that IF it’s going to help then I will see a normalization of my body temps.

If you take those vitamins that should also contain selenium too.
And ample iodized salt cooking and at the table could be sufficient.

The vitamins do contain selenium. I really don’t like salt, so I’ll never use enough of it on a regular basis. I’ll stay on the 25mg of ioderal until the bottle is finished (45 days). Then I’ll decide if I want to take a lower dose after that.

Salt was iodized in the 1920’s to deal with some very serious problems.
150mcg in vitamins may not be enough for you and you probably have not had that intake your whole life.

I was diagnosed with HTN at a very young age, so I avoided salt per doctors orders. Now I don’t like the taste of it! Could I finish loading up on the ioderal then take one 12.5mg tab/week along with the vitamins?

Salt does not cause HTN. Lower salt compensates for HTN by lowing blood volume.

Doctors often get people on low salt intake and totally ignore the consequences of iodine deficiency.

Very odd to have HTN when young. I would have had some questions.

T does help the arterial muscles relax after they contract with each pulse of blood.

Magnesium is also useful.

The formatting of your lab work post above got mangled during the migration. If you edit then save it will get fixed. There is a pencil icon for edit.

I understand what your saying about salt. It’s just after all these years, I don’t have a taste for it. I’d rather use supplements than start adding salt.

Just curious. How long will it take to feel the benefits of TRT?

Typically 4-6 weeks for strong results. There is a delay because gene expression changes, then cell changes and then bulk tissue changes. Brain patterns need to take place too.

But most gains cab be lost if E2 becomes elevated. That may need to happen with docs because they will need to see a problem to fix instead of preventing it from happening.

Thanks KSman. I’m following the protocol, so hopefully the E2 will not be an issue. When do you recommend f/u lab work?

You can get good results in 4 weeks. But if you feel great, there is not much urgency.

That’s what my doc said.