Testosterone Production - Too Much?!

I’m quite sure your Naturopathic Doctor can provide no scientific evidence for his claim of androgen receptor downregulation from high testosterone levels vs midnormal or any normal value.

On the Biosignature: well, my tricep reading is 2mm including during periods off of taking any steroids. Wow, I must have ASTOUNDINGLY high natural testosterone! It’s proven!

I am sure there is no sound evidence of any transdermal growth hormone releasing hormone working.

So that could be a project for your ND: providing sound evidence for what he says.

[quote]Darkane wrote:
Thank for all the Responses guys. Appreciated.

To DrSkeptix, I do realize sleep is the contributing factor to my low testosterone symptoms… however, according to that Salivary test they claim my receptors are down regulated naturally. Of course there is a good chance it’s not accurate, but that’s what I’m trying to ‘fix’ right now.

I know from my blood test that I’m low, and I just got the new blood work sheet from my Doc. So I’ll have new results soon.

He only put down a Total, and free Testosterone check, but I’m going to mark the boxes for LH, FSH, and Estradiol. At least I can compare all of those.

Would PTH (parathyroid Hormone) have anything to do with this? There is a box for that under Endocrine system tests.[/quote]

I do not think T receptors get “down-regulated” outside of laboratory glassware, if at all.
If they did, I thoroughly doubt that salivary tests could measure them.
PTH is not relevant to your concerns.

Stop the testing! Mr Roberts is giving sound advice.

Downregulation, when observed in vitro, has been relative to ZERO androgen. Not relative to normal levels of androgen.

It sounds like the ND read a bad popular steroid book.

Lol, yes agreed. Bill you’re right. I have asked him to “prove” to me about the Down regulation, but not much info.

Thanks guys :slight_smile: