Testosterone levels

Steve, Yes, you are somewhat correct in the Nandro gain. Andro did nothing. I took a combo of Nandro/Andro mixed 50/50 in the same bottle, just once per day in the morning, around 50 sprays. Now that I am on HRT and Nandro/Andro combined, I can already see a difference, haven’t weighed myself yet, going to give it a few weeks. I am going to try nandro solo in conjunction with my HRT after this cycle. Actually, after reading Behind the Scenes, I am really thinking of staying on Nandro or the combo all the time with my HRT. I’ll keep you and everyone posted. In regards to uping my dosage, my doc is set on the "protocol of 200mg every other week. But, I have an ex-client who is on 300mg every week. Damn, he went from about 14% bodyfat to around 8% and he is 54 years old, and still drinks like a fish every night. His doc retired, so his new doc has to go by the previous recommendations…lucky bastard.

Ah, Steve, if you printed out my answer to show to your doctor, you might want to edit it and remove the “too advanced for most doctors” remark. It could sound rude. It’s true but would be perceived as rude.

Synthetic anabolic steroids were designed
precisely for the purpose of improving safety relative to testosterone, offering advantages such as not being potentiated by 5alpha reductase, and/or not being aromatized to estrogen. In the United States, unfortunately
no injectable steroids other than testosterone and nandrolone are approved by the FDA. Nandrolone by itself doesn’t seem to be the
way to go, but especially for older men a
testosterone/nandrolone mix makes a great deal of sense, since nandrolone is so much less prone to affecting the prostate (less so even than testosterone combined with Proscar.)

The only approved orals are 17-alkylated so they are not to be recommended for long term use.

It would be an excellent thing if Primobolan were approved for use in the United States, but it is not.

Bill, understood. I make my living in part as a writer, so I’m used to edits. Now your copy reads, “too advanced a concept for most doctors… except L.A. urologists, whose overreaching knowledge of medicine, encyclopedic grasp of hormonal interaction, and peerless ethical standards are exceeded only by the dimensions of their manhood, which commoners regard with Lilliputian shame.”

Seriously, I'll be circumspect with my doc as I discuss these issues. Pity the T-man who mistakes rudeness for strength. And for all the times you, JMB, Steve McGregor, and everyone else answers the same freaking questions over and over without being rude, we thank you.

Bodz, I look forward to your posted results in the coming weeks. Many thanks. This thread has been extremely helpful.

Bill, thanks a bunch, big guy. I apologize if that question about HCG seemed a little simple, but I’m just not that well-versed in this area–but I’m learning and expanding and find it very interesting.

I'm not sure if you saw my second question down there about liver functions and Androsol. The test that was conducted was a Chem 20 not a Comp 12 (not sure where I pulled that one from). If you could take a look at that post I'd appreciate it, and I would be more than happy to elaborate/clarify anything.

In regards to therapy, would you recommend that I go after HCG first? If I were to start Testosterone therapy, would I need/want to take an aromatase inhibitor (Clomid???) concurrently? Thanks, Bill, you’re an all-star!

Androgens normally upregulate many liver enzymes. It is no sign of damage or ill health.
You do want to watch out for serum bilirubin
though: it’s a bad sign when that is elevated.

Thanks again, Bill. I don’t think you realize how much in amazes me that you alot so much time to the forum and all the guys and gals.

I will probably have more questions in the future and look forward to corresponding with you.

I have a few questions about T replacement
strategies. First, is there any risk of
downregulation to HCG if used at low dose over
a long period of time? For example, if someone
were using HCG at 250-500IU per/day as
a method for T replacement. Second, is long
term HCG use safe? Third, what do you think
about using HCG + arimidex + finasteride as a
combination for T replacement. Also,
would there be any reason/benefit of using
HCG + arimidex + finasteride + T (say 100mg
per week)? My thinking is that HCG (or T)
might raise E too much so you would want the
Ari, and that HCG might not be good enough by
itself, so added T might be needed. The reason
for including the HCG even when on T is to
maintain test size. Last question: would
the combination of 100mg T/week + 500IU
HCG/day + 1mg ari/day + 1mg finasteride/day
cause “to much” T just for replacement
purposes. Thanks.

All of the plans below make sense. I would
monitor blood levels of estrogen if using
Arimidex and adjust dose accordingly. The HCG
alone in most men would produce enough T,
and dose could be increased, though not in
my opinion past 1000 IU per day, to get T levels where they need to be, though 500
typically is sufficient. There is no known
risk to long term HCG therapy, even at the
higher doses commonly used; except for risk of gynecomastia at higher doses.

Thanks Bill. I’ll file that for future
reference. I would offer to buy you a beer
for all the info you’ve provided, but you
don’t drink (neither do I). How bout I go buy
4-6 bottles of Androsol instead. BTW,
the “scientific people” of this forum like
you, John B, Cy W, etc. are the main reason I
spend any time here. I probably wouldn’t
otherwise.

Actually, I do drink, just not often and virtually never very much. Not unusual to
go years without, actually. Have nothing
against it but I just don’t happen (fortunately) to have the gene that makes
one really like being drunk.