T Nation

Testosterone Levels Checked

I got my blood test results back which showed my testosterone level at 320 ng/dl . Dr. said it’s normal but I think thats very low. I am only 20 years old and workout regularly. Doing some research I read that physically active 20 year old should be between 800 to 1200 ng/dl.

So I guess genetically I have low testosterone. Does anyone know of a way of raising the body’s natural production of testosterone without using steroids? My diet is clean, I eat alot of protein, zinc supplements etc… Is there anything that would REALLY noticeably double or more my testosterone levels without steroids. Theres alot of supplements that claim to but I dont really trust them. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

[quote]mike12 wrote:
Is there anything that would REALLY noticeably double or more my testosterone levels without steroids.[/quote]

No, there isn’t.

TRIBEX and Alpha Male work well for me, giving a consistent 200 point rise after a week to ten days, but nothing is going to double your Testosterone unless you are very low.

[quote]HK24719 wrote:
mike12 wrote:
Is there anything that would REALLY noticeably double or more my testosterone levels without steroids.

No, there isn’t.

TRIBEX and Alpha Male work well for me, giving a consistent 200 point rise after a week to ten days, but nothing is going to double your Testosterone unless you are very low.[/quote]

You say a consistent… have you had it checked multiple times? just curious.

does AM, give much difference over TRIBEX for you?

I’ve heard that tests can vary pretty widely, so to get a real idea I think you have to get tested multiple times.

I was also under the impression that your ratio of free to total was more important than just total.

That being said, I’m a physically active 19 year old and while my numbers are higher than yours, I’m well below 800 and don’t think I’m suffering from low testosterone.

have the same problem. i got my levels checked at 19 and i cant remember what they were, had them checked 3 times, all were about the same and were probably 1/4 of what they should be… so i think around what you have. i would call and ask, but the doctor was a fucking prick so i didnt pay my bill and now they wont tell me haha. im only 22 and still feel like i suffer from it. plan to get them checked again very soon so we’ll have to follow up with each other

anyway, the best ways to naturally boost your test is:
-eat more fatty foods
-take zma
-lift heavier weights at the 3-5 rep scheme
and make sure you do many compounds
-eat veggies like broccoli to help reduce
estrogen levels
-have alot of sex
-limit your booze
-eat more fish, up your omega 3 intake, as
well as any other high protein food: meat,
poultry, etc.
-sleep as much as you can

everything i could remember off the top of my head, just look around and youll find a ton of pages thatll give you natural ways to do this. ive read studies where most men dont gain a significant testosterone boost from things like tribulus, it just mostly boosts libido and gives a euphoric state of mind… BUT there arent really any thorough tests on this that i could find.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
HK24719 wrote:
mike12 wrote:
Is there anything that would REALLY noticeably double or more my testosterone levels without steroids.

No, there isn’t.

TRIBEX and Alpha Male work well for me, giving a consistent 200 point rise after a week to ten days, but nothing is going to double your Testosterone unless you are very low.

You say a consistent… have you had it checked multiple times? just curious.

does AM, give much difference over TRIBEX for you?[/quote]

I’ve been tested during 2 TRIBEX cycles and 1 Alpha Male cycle so far, although I’ve used these products many more times.

Testosterone increases were very close to the same with Alpha Male in comparison to TRIBEX (blue), although I like the added effect of Carbolin 19 in Alpha Male.

[quote]skimmy_jimmy wrote:
-lift heavier weights at the 3-5 rep scheme
and make sure you do many compounds
-have alot of sex
[/quote]

I’m not sure about the others, but I’m confident that these don’t have any significant effects on T levels.

As for fats, as long as you get enough, more will not increase T any higher.

How stressed out are you? Research Pregnenolone steal

What do you eat and drink? Research Estrogen dominance and Xenoestrogens

How fat are you? Research Insulin resistance and it’s effect on testosterone

Are you Zinc deficient? Research Zinc and Serum testosterone levels

Two easy steps to improve hypogonadism:

1. Find an endocrinologist or urologist with head not up ass.
  2. Ask said PHD for exogenous testosterone therapy and an AI/SERM if needed.

In all seriousness though, besides aforementioned steps you should be sure to clean up your lifestyle if that’s a factor. Get rid of the booze, sleep more, eat better (ie: healthier), etc. if you aren’t already doing those things.

food

olive oil, a lot of it

fiber, metamucil or red kidney beans are great

zinc supplement

beta caroten made me super horny for 2 weeks then it stopped

theres a lot of things you can do to raise your test lvl without the help of any drugs/doctor/test booster supp