T Nation

Testosterone/Estrogen Ratio

I had total test in the low 300's in January and then in the low 200's in February. I felt like total sh*t by then, with no libido, no morning or nighttime woods and bad ED. My GP suggested TRT or clomid. Used clomid only, and by April/May, I was feeling very close to normal in terms of libido and erectile function. I quit the clomid in June.

5-23-13 (libido near normal, no ED) (on clomid at the time)

Total T, 1150 ng/ml (250-1100) (Quest Labs)
Free T, 162 pg/ml (46-224)
Bio T, 361.6 ng/dl (110-575)
E2, 39 pg/ml (20-47)

On 7-24-13 (decent libido, no ED)

Total T, 809 ng/ml (348-1197) (LabCorp)
Free T, 65 pg/ml (52-280)
Bio T, not tested
E2, 17 pg/ml (7.6-42.6)

On 9-10-13 (low libido, ED)

Total T, 636 ng/ml (348-1197) (LabCorp)
Free T, 72 pg/ml (52-280)
Bio T, 152 ng/dl (95-350)
E2, 37.4 pg/ml (7.6-42.6)

Any suggestions? Is this something a simple as sorting out the T/E ratio? I have on hand: Clomid, Nolva, Arimidex.

Right now, I feel like sh*t again and have no libido, bad ED and no morning/night woods.

Thank you for any suggestions as I am really sick of this.

I am 45, 175 lbs., run/lift regularly, good diet, no junk food, take vitamin/fish oil daily, lean with no "fat" deposits, shave daily or have a shadow. Had regular woods until late Jan/early Feb. Low Vit. D, supplementing with 5000 iu daily.

Have you carefully read the advice for new guys sticky and the estradiol sticky?

Post labs and more info about you.

You can try .75mg anastrozole per week in divided doses, get a liquid product and dispense buy the drop EOD. Do T and E2 labs after one month. Understand the implications of "anastrozole over-responder". Try to get E2 in the lower 20's.

Are your liver AST/ALT labs OK?

Your E2 has increased and T decreased, lowering E2 may reverse that.

KSman: I am 45, 175 lbs., run/lift regularly, good diet, no junk food, take vitamin/fish oil daily, lean with no "fat" deposits, shave daily or have a shadow. Had regular woods until late Jan/early Feb. Low Vit. D, supplementing with 5000 iu daily. Liver was tested in the spring and everything looked good.

My HPTA crashed after I quit taking Propecia. I was on the drug for about 6 or 7 years (I don't remember) with no side effects at all. I quit because I wasn't concerned about hairloss anymore and I was scared of getting the side effects. Within about 6 weeks or so, I felt like sh*t, went to the dr and told him that I had just quit Propecia and I had mild ED/body aches. He took blood in January, didn't bother to call me with the results in the 300s (hey, they were "normal") and by February I was totally shut down with full-blown hypogonadal symptoms. I "recovered" in March/April, where everything was coming back on line including libido and erections. I trended down in the late spring, feeling like sh*t again, and then have had weeks that are good and weeks that are bad. Right now, I am really bad. I have both tablet and liquid Adex and will try it for a few weeks. I am still concerned about the shift in BioT (-50%) and E2 (x2) in a month or so. Isn't E2 much more powerful than T, so that a little E2 is like 5x as powerful on your cellular receptors as T?

Thanks.

T

KSman: I am 45, 175 lbs., run/lift regularly, good diet, no junk food, take vitamin/fish oil daily, lean with no "fat" deposits, shave daily or have a shadow. Had regular woods until late Jan/early Feb. Low Vit. D, supplementing with 5000 iu daily. Liver was tested in the spring and everything looked good.

My HPTA crashed after I quit taking Propecia. I was on the drug for about 6 or 7 years (I don't remember) with no side effects at all. I quit because I wasn't concerned about hairloss anymore and I was scared of getting the side effects. Within about 6 weeks or so, I felt like sh*t, went to the dr and told him that I had just quit Propecia and I had mild ED/body aches. He took blood in January, didn't bother to call me with the results in the 300s (hey, they were "normal") and by February I was totally shut down with full-blown hypogonadal symptoms. I "recovered" in March/April, where everything was coming back on line including libido and erections. I trended down in the late spring, feeling like sh*t again, and then have had weeks that are good and weeks that are bad. Right now, I am really bad. I have both tablet and liquid Adex and will try it for a few weeks. I am still concerned about the shift in BioT (-50%) and E2 (x2) in a month or so. Isn't E2 much more powerful than T, so that a little E2 is like 5x as powerful on your cellular receptors as T?

Thanks.

T