T Nation

Testosterone Deficiency

I was just wondering about testosterone deficiency. If I understand correctly, testicles produce testosterone, so having a bigger testicles/smaller testicles/more testicles/1 testicle will affect the level of testosterone, right?

Thanks!
GB

[quote]getbig wrote:
I was just wondering about testosterone deficiency. If I understand correctly, testicles produce testosterone, so having a bigger testicles/smaller testicles/more testicles/1 testicle will affect the level of testosterone, right?

Thanks!
GB[/quote]

The short answer is yes. However, most men have roughly the same size testes, so this is rarely an issue.

There are some genetic problems where a man’s body does not make testosterone, and these men will have unusually small testicles. Also, men with severe alcoholism have what they call testicular atrophy (the testicles get smaller because of hormone changes caused by liver damage); these men also have lower testosterone levels.

Increasing your testosterone levels artificially with anabolic steroids will not make your testicles larger if they are already of normal size.

http://www.askdoctrish.com/male.html

[quote]trevor65 wrote:
getbig wrote:

Thanks!
GB

The short answer is yes. However, most men have roughly the same size testes, so this is rarely an issue.

There are some genetic problems where a man’s body does not make testosterone, and these men will have unusually small testicles. Also, men with severe alcoholism have what they call testicular atrophy (the testicles get smaller because of hormone changes caused by liver damage); these men also have lower testosterone levels.

Increasing your testosterone levels artificially with anabolic steroids will not make your testicles larger if they are already of normal size.

http://www.askdoctrish.com/male.html

[/quote]

If guys have the same size testis, but there are variations in testosterone levels not due to chemical or genetic causes, then testicle size would have little to do with testosterone levels. Testosterone production is controlled by other hormones. Simply having lots of interstitial spaces with lots of Leydig Cells will not automatically produce more testosterone.