Testosterone Boosters and Hair Loss

In people prone to hair loss steroids can obviously worsen this problem. However, are testosterone boosters eg. M strong enough to increase the rate of hair loss also??

[quote]Rich Hand wrote:
In people prone to hair loss steroids can obviously worsen this problem. However, are testosterone boosters eg. M strong enough to increase the rate of hair loss also??[/quote]

In those that are highly prone to hair loss or androgenic alopecia? Yes, they could technically do so. Have I observed such an effect? No. The reason? Well, in order to get a significant increase in DHT formation, you need to significantly increase the amount of substrate (testosterone) and while M and so forth can increase endogenous testosterone to the high-normal range, that increase is relatively small, when it comes to increasing DHT formation.

The second question becomes whether or not that particular amount of DHT is enough to accelerate androgenic alopecia, and as I said before, I have no observed this, but again, it is technically possible.

I personally think it’s somewhat of a moot point anyhow, as those that are truly prone to such hair loss are either nearly bald as it is or they are using a 5 alpha-reductase inhibitor, which would address/solve the issue of increasing endogenous testosterone and subsequent DHT formation as well.