Testosterone and Acne?

I was just talkin to one of my buddies about tryin Carbolin 19 and Alpha Male, and from what he says, when your testosterone gets boosted like that, most people tend to break out in acne really bad. Is that true? If it is, is there anyway to possibly prevent this?

I didn’t find it to be true. Carbolin-19 and Alpha Male increase testosterone endogenously. The are not introducing testosterone through outside means (exogenous) like anabolic steroids. From my understanding, this is really when acne can act up.

Slightly off topic,

which of Biotest’s current supplement lineup boosts T levels to the max?

Could anyone recommend a good stack?

Maybe I’m just acne-prone in the first place, but when I started on the anabolic diet I broke out like mad. It went away after a few weeks and lots of sacylic (sp?) acid medication. The T boost was well worth it :wink:
-CA

[quote]chirag wrote:
Slightly off topic,

which of Biotest’s current supplement lineup boosts T levels to the max?

Could anyone recommend a good stack?[/quote]

Alpha Male and ZMA

[quote]skimmy_jimmy wrote:
I was just talkin to one of my buddies about tryin Carbolin 19 and Alpha Male, and from what he says, when your testosterone gets boosted like that, most people tend to break out in acne really bad. Is that true? If it is, is there anyway to possibly prevent this?[/quote]

Everyone is different, but I have always been very prone to acne breakouts. I had terrible acne as a teenager. However, from what I’ve read and experienced, acne doesn’t always correlate to test levels, and vice evrsa. I’ve been on ZMA for months and Alpha Male for the last month, and I havent experienced ANY breakouts at all. My skin is a little more oily, but thats it.

Don’t sacrifice test levels in fear of acne. theres alot you can do to control it - www.acne.org

[quote]Velvet Revolver wrote:
skimmy_jimmy wrote:
I was just talkin to one of my buddies about tryin Carbolin 19 and Alpha Male, and from what he says, when your testosterone gets boosted like that, most people tend to break out in acne really bad. Is that true? If it is, is there anyway to possibly prevent this?

Everyone is different, but I have always been very prone to acne breakouts. I had terrible acne as a teenager. However, from what I’ve read and experienced, acne doesn’t always correlate to test levels, and vice evrsa. I’ve been on ZMA for months and Alpha Male for the last month, and I havent experienced ANY breakouts at all. My skin is a little more oily, but thats it.

Don’t sacrifice test levels in fear of acne. theres alot you can do to control it - www.acne.org
[/quote]

Agreed.