Testosterone Advice Before Probable TRT

I have had serum iron from LabCorp all over the map. One time it was really high. I do not trust the labs. Retest before doing anything radical.

Watch for iron in prepared and fortified foods. These foods are fortified to the advantage of growing kids. Adult males can easily collect more iron than needed. Donating blood is a healthy thing for healthy males.

thought i would post an update

got some labs back from a doctor in a message
i just copied and pasted it

"We finally just got all of your labs faxed over. Unfortunately, they were not interfaced with our system so that’s why you can’t see them in MyChart. I will mail you a copy of all of the labs for your records. The bottom line is that every single test that I ordered came back completely normal (your repeat iron level was 77 (nl 40-155) with a % sat of 28% (nl 15-55), your testosterone level was 468, estradiol was 11 (nl 3-70), Hemoglobin was 16.1, Vitamin D was 45.7 (nl > 32), cortisol 13.2 (nl > 10). What this all means is that you don’t seem to have a problem with your testosterone after all and also don’t have a problem with your iron levels or estrogen or cortisol or Vitamin D to explain any of your symptoms. There is no need for further evaluation or treatment at this time from my perspective and therefore you won’t need a follow up appointment in my office. "

The testosterone was the highest ever, but I am sure my free is probably as low as ever. From what I have read on this site in other posts, as total testosterone increases eventually shbg comes down. I hope that is my case.

I am def. going to keep taking vitamin d supplements. I have only been taking them for a couple weeks. Any opinions on the second confirmed low normal estradiol and what about my cortisol ??? It was an am test. I wanted the test you measured four times throughout the day, but thats the one and signed off on.

That’s very good stuff about your iron. LMAO: “There is no need for further evaluation or treatment at this time from my perspective and therefore you won’t need a follow up appointment in my office”

The trail doesn’t end there, my friend. Keep on trucking. At the very least, you found your non-TRT baseline!

thanks ya i agree, there is no way i am satisfied with 400’s , i won’t be happen until may free test is atleast 20 and total is in the 700’s. I am going to keep vitamin d because everything i have read has said that vit. d at the high end of normal is a good thing.

Here are my most recent labs dated 8-6-2010

Vit D 45.7 range 32 to 100
Albumin 4.5 range 3.5 to 5.5
Ferriten 35 range 30-400
SHBG 21.4 range 14.5-48.4
Cortisol AM 13.2 range 6.2 - 19.4
Estradiol sensitive 11 range 3-70
Test Free 12.7 range 9.3 - 26.5
Test total 468 range 280 -800
TIBC 277 range 250-450
uibc 200 range 150-375
iron, serum 77 range 40-155
iron saturation 28 percent range 15-55 percent

Case in point why you always get a repeat test if something comes back abnormal!

[quote]JLWilson wrote:
High SHBG sometimes is due to hyperthyroidism.[/quote]
thyroid meds can cause this along with starvation, malabsorption, low carb diets, high fiber, low fats and liver inflammation.

[quote]jrvswim wrote:
Here are my most recent labs dated 8-6-2010

Vit D 45.7 range 32 to 100
Albumin 4.5 range 3.5 to 5.5
Ferriten 35 range 30-400
SHBG 21.4 range 14.5-48.4
Cortisol AM 13.2 range 6.2 - 19.4
Estradiol sensitive 11 range 3-70
Test Free 12.7 range 9.3 - 26.5
Test total 468 range 280 -800
TIBC 277 range 250-450
uibc 200 range 150-375
iron, serum 77 range 40-155
iron saturation 28 percent range 15-55 percent
[/quote]
as proven this is probably due to dehydration.
One should drink a liter or 1.5 L before blood test.
Ferritin levels are still too low optimal range is 130 -200
With out iron you do not make dopamine and also thyroid will not work properly.
vitamin D levels are low what every you are on double it 5,000 ius goto 10,000 ius

[quote]jrvswim wrote:
thanks ya i agree, there is no way i am satisfied with 400’s , i won’t be happen until may free test is atleast 20 and total is in the 700’s. I am going to keep vitamin d because everything i have read has said that vit. d at the high end of normal is a good thing.[/quote]
This is a bunch of bull shit, I huge bodybuilders that are natural that total T is around 500 and lean and monsters. You are playing to much into the number game. Every one body has a natural set point. With your SHBG and e2 one should be content and should be able to have morning erection like they are going out of style so in your case I would look else where to your issues. Namely adrenals or thyroid. I had t levels of 300 and still could screw like a race horse and bench over 400 for reps so that blows total test of 700 out of the water.

I’ve been through almost the same thing. Like KSMan said, your prolactin is high and that can be suppressing your T. All of my endos before I found the right one told me that I was only a little bit higher than the normal range and it’s nothing to worry about. My new endo, who is fantastic, taught me that in men prolactin should actually be <5.

like I said in another post, many bodybuilders have lower resting testosterone than average guys since their test levels explode when they work out.

[quote]Hardasnails wrote:

[quote]jrvswim wrote:
thanks ya i agree, there is no way i am satisfied with 400’s , i won’t be happen until may free test is atleast 20 and total is in the 700’s. I am going to keep vitamin d because everything i have read has said that vit. d at the high end of normal is a good thing.[/quote]
This is a bunch of bull shit, I huge bodybuilders that are natural that total T is around 500 and lean and monsters. You are playing to much into the number game. Every one body has a natural set point. With your SHBG and e2 one should be content and should be able to have morning erection like they are going out of style so in your case I would look else where to your issues. Namely adrenals or thyroid. I had t levels of 300 and still could screw like a race horse and bench over 400 for reps so that blows total test of 700 out of the water.[/quote]

[quote]JonBlood wrote:
I’ve been through almost the same thing. Like KSMan said, your prolactin is high and that can be suppressing your T. All of my endos before I found the right one told me that I was only a little bit higher than the normal range and it’s nothing to worry about. My new endo, who is fantastic, taught me that in men prolactin should actually be <5.[/quote]
High prolactin look at thyroid…

Alright I got torn a new one on that so I’ll try get everything straight.

1. Jon where are you located?

2. Hardasnails, since my ferretin is out of range, instead of limited iron intake should i actually instead supplement it? If yes how much.

3. Hardasnails, as far as dopamine and prolactin levels are concerned. I had one slightly out of range and one on the high end, so I completley believe you that testosterone is not the problem its prolactin and dopamine. My uro prescribed me 75mg a day for wellbutrin and I am about to start taking it. He said it should raise my dopamine and lower my prolactin correspondingly. He said there is an inverse relationship between the two. Is this true? Is this a good path? Or should I keep going until someone will prescribe me something that will precisely target my prolactin like cabergoline?

If the wellbutrin is worth a chance, I would like to try it, since I have read all over about the huge effect it can have on libido. But I do realize the 75mg he prescribed would be a very small dose.

My thyroid labs have always been middle of the range. Which I am told is too low but so far none of my doctors have been willing to do anything about it.

1. JLWilson thanks for your input.

2. I stopped taking flonase. I have been taking it probably for seven years, I was told it was catabolic and could suppress adrenals. Is this true?

ps as far as iron is concerned I read this on another site: does this look like a decent game plan?

1. I find 100 mgs iron bisglycinate, 30 mgs picolate zinc 2-3 mgs of copper chelate, 15-20 mgs of manganese gluconate should cover all your basis. Lean guy made a good point take each one of them in sepreate form not in multivitamin …

2. take iron 50 mgs BID with vitamin C 500 mgs away from all calcium, copper, zinc, 2 hours or more
    match sure you have a balance of minerals other wise you will fuk something else up. i find that guy take more then 30-40 mgs of zinc a day with out proper iron, copper, manganese to balance it out ferritin level drops and over time so does cholestesterol levels as well.

Yes and I was one that lead lean guy to look into copper issues deeper. Seperating nutrients is the best approach. I use a copper and iron free multivitammin and take iron and more zinc out side these and away from calcium

manganese deficient diet are shown to lower cholesterol total levels.
iron, zinc, copper and manganese are all transported by same enzyme in the intestinal tract.